Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 10:24   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
L_B_M paaji the pics are there already for the matiz install with the new infinity range and JBL amp. the one with moral and payam and all the GF wifes and playstation.
ya I have seen them sir...good to see one happy family.

so I am waiting for the DIY effort pics
Old 10th August 2007, 21:59   #77
Team-BHP Support

Moralfibre, excellent thread!

What exactly happened in the end. Got pics?
Old 10th August 2007, 22:14   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What exactly happened in the end. Got pics?
End result was good and I changed my ICE after I managed to gather some moolah. My signature mentions the upgrade. There are some issues to be sorted out after which I will get a thread up for your viewing pleasure .
Old 10th August 2007, 23:25   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
End result was good and I changed my ICE after I managed to gather some moolah. My signature mentions the upgrade. There are some issues to be sorted out after which I will get a thread up for your viewing pleasure .
Congrats sir for the upgrade..

Now pics are required for the same.
Old 10th August 2007, 23:30   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Congrats sir for the upgrade..

Now pics are required for the same.
Sir there are a lot of troubles I am facing with the setup with regards to initial niggling issues but nevertheless I am a very satisfied customer always. I have a few pics but they wont do justice until I hear the entire setup playing right. Currently only 1x75.4 is working the second one is running into protect :(

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th August 2007 at 23:33.
Old 10th August 2007, 23:40   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Currently only 1x75.4 is working the second one is running into protect :(
Yegads!!!!!!!!!!

You've got two(2) 75.4 four(4) channel amps? How many pairs of speakers are you running?

rev_hard
Old 10th August 2007, 23:42   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
Yegads!!!!!!!!!!

You've got two(2) 75.4 four(4) channel amps? How many pairs of speakers are you running?

rev_hard
One pair of components using one amp and a DVC sub using the other amp in 2 channel mode. Now the question - Why a 4-channel amp instead of a mono?
Old 10th August 2007, 23:45   #83
BHPian

Quote:
One pair of components using one amp and a DVC sub using the other amp in 2 channel mode.
Thats some serious power you supplying to those drivers and the tweets. Many congratulations for a quality setup!

Quote:
Now the question - Why a 4-channel amp instead of a mono?

Ummmm.. yeah! you want to answer that?
Old 10th August 2007, 23:48   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev_hard View Post
Thats some serious power you supplying to those drivers and the tweets. Many congratulations for a quality setup!
Oops I did a typo. I meant one amp driving front components and rear 6x9's and the other for the sub.

Quote:
Ummmm.. yeah! you want to answer that?
Hmmmm I still don't know because the sub is yet to move.

If Sam is around and seeing this thread, could you please advice on the best way of wiring two 75.4's? I am using a 65Ah battery which is new (6 months old). I have one 4 gauge power cable and one 8 gauge wire supplying power to each amp. One remote wire to turn on the amp (with a jump from one amp to the other). Individual ground for each amp. Both amps work when connected individually when connected to each of the power wires and earthing cables in permutations and combinations but when both are fired together, one amp goes into protect.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th August 2007 at 23:51.
Old 10th August 2007, 23:50   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Currently only 1x75.4 is working the second one is running into protect :(
There is a problem with the JBL 75.4 kya, get the wiring checked ASAP. I think it might be the ground problem like your magnet amp.
Old 10th August 2007, 23:53   #86
Team-BHP Support

Ok chalo now since we are talking on my ICE setup could you see the problem mentioned in my previous post and find me a solution.
Old 11th August 2007, 00:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If Sam is around and seeing this thread, could you please advice on the best way of wiring two 75.4's? I am using a 65Ah battery which is new (6 months old). I have one 4 gauge power cable and one 8 gauge wire supplying power to each amp. One remote wire to turn on the amp (with a jump from one amp to the other). Individual ground for each amp. Both amps work when connected individually when connected to each of the power wires and earthing cables in permutations and combinations but when both are fired together, one amp goes into protect.

I think the remote-on output from the HU is not able to switch on the amps. you can try connecting the amp remote to the ACC wire which turn on the HU. and check for the same is that helps...
Old 11th August 2007, 01:32   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think the remote-on output from the HU is not able to switch on the amps. you can try connecting the amp remote to the ACC wire which turn on the HU. and check for the same is that helps...
Agreed and I had this thought when we were testing the amps yesterday but when I disconnect the amp which is working and connect all cables to this one it doesn't turn on. When I do not use the remote wire to power on the amp but jump a wire from the 12V input to the amp over to the remove wire terminal on the amp, the amp doesn't work. What could be wrong? If it doesn't turn ON with the remote wire from the HU, it should atleast startup from the 12V coming to the amp? I could be wrong.
Old 11th August 2007, 06:57   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed and I had this thought when we were testing the amps yesterday but when I disconnect the amp which is working and connect all cables to this one it doesn't turn on. When I do not use the remote wire to power on the amp but jump a wire from the 12V input to the amp over to the remove wire terminal on the amp, the amp doesn't work. What could be wrong? If it doesn't turn ON with the remote wire from the HU, it should atleast startup from the 12V coming to the amp? I could be wrong.

i think its some internal problem. get it repaired if not under b/w or go to the jbl a.s.s. its bette not to fire up as it might lead to more damage. rest my fingers are crossed.

cheers
clip
Old 11th August 2007, 08:15   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

If Sam is around and seeing this thread, could you please advice on the best way of wiring two 75.4's?
Here I am. My first advice. Could you please advise me...

Quote:
I am using a 65Ah battery which is new (6 months old). I have one 4 gauge power cable and one 8 gauge wire supplying power to each amp. One remote wire to turn on the amp (with a jump from one amp to the other). Individual ground for each amp.
I do not understand. What do you mean by one 8 gauge and one 4 gauge? One amplifier has 8 gauge and the other 4 gauge? 4 gauge is the minimum what you need for the 75.4. I mean a real 4 gauge not claimed 4 gauge. (What brand are you using?) 8 gauge will simply not do.

Quote:
Both amps work when connected individually when connected to each of the power wires and earthing cables in permutations and combinations but when both are fired together, one amp goes into protect.
So if you connect the subwoofer amplifier to the sub and disconnect the other amplifier, the sub fires up, correct? If both amplifiers are working individually, then your answer lies right there. It's a wiring issue. Your amps are working fine.

The 75.4 is a very serious power consumer. Ordinary wiring will not cut it. You need 2 separate 4 gauge wires (good quality) directly from the battery to the +12V terminal of the amplifiers. Then you need 2 4 gauge wires going from the ground terminal to an unpainted part of your chassis.

You can take a 16 or 18 gauge wire from the P.connect (blue wire) of your HU and run it to one amplifier remote on and from here you can loop/jump it to the other amplifier, no problem.

Don't take any chances with this wiring, you may blow up the amps if you haven't done so already. You may even damage your speakers.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 11th August 2007 at 08:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks