Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2013, 16:16   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alto 800 ICE for 12,000 Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
... Alto 800. Budget is 12K max. ... decent HU with USB facility and 4 speakers ...
Take him to Reliance Timeout behind Vijayanagar BMTC depot. There are few brands and models on display there (just behind the section where they have accessories, bicycles etc.), and the prices are also not too bad, considering they will install it for free.

1. HU: Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC
2. A pair of JBL components in front (the install guys will know the size in Alto 800). Just smile at them if they say Sony speakers!
3. If he likes bass, get an MDF parcel shelf and a pair of JBL or Pioneer 6x9 coaxials. Otherwise a pair of JBL round coaxes in the rear doors
Old 26th June 2013, 13:03   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Alto 800 ICE for 12,000 Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Take him to Reliance Timeout behind Vijayanagar BMTC depot. There are few brands and models on display there (just behind the section where they have accessories, bicycles etc.), and the prices are also not too bad, considering they will install it for free.

1. HU: Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC
2. A pair of JBL components in front (the install guys will know the size in Alto 800). Just smile at them if they say Sony speakers!
3. If he likes bass, get an MDF parcel shelf and a pair of JBL or Pioneer 6x9 coaxials. Otherwise a pair of JBL round coaxes in the rear doors
Thanks DerAlte. Will visit Reliance mart in vijayanagar since its very near to my house and see the options available.
Old 24th December 2014, 12:19   #108

First ICE installation in my AltoK10B, 2013-14 model

Hi fellow team BHPians,

I'm planning to install a ICE for my alto K10, 2013-14 model.
I did a bit of research and have come up with this configuration for my 12K overall budget. I listen mostly to pop and instrumentals and like to have clear vocals and bass beats while enjoying my music. Please have a look at my configuration and appreciate inputs to tweak to suit my budget and music genre (from USB drives and aux mostly, while listening to FM intermittently) with your experiences from these models.

HU:Pioneer DEH-X1690UB ~4500INR
Rear Speaker: JBL GTO949 ~4200INR
Front Speaker: JBL CX62SI ~1500INR

Rationale is I wanted to have a Pioneer HU which supports USB and FM, is robust and reliable with low repairing costs if atall, reads music from MP3, wav formats and could accommodate 32GB pen drives or 1TB Hard Disks and has good track record. The front and back speakers had to be from same company and preferred JBL because of the sound clarity and quality at this budget. The reviews also matched with my music genre preference.

So please go ahead and educate me !
Old 24th December 2014, 13:48   #109
BHPian

Re: First ICE installation in my AltoK10B, 2013-14 model

Quote:
Originally Posted by er.sudhansu View Post
Hi fellow team BHPians,

I'm planning to install a ICE for my alto K10, 2013-14 model.
Hello. It's great to see your excitement. ICE upgrade is a serious addiction.

Your setup looks good especially considering the budget. I would suggest you damp the front doors. The outermost metal portion needs to be damped, basically the portion behind the speakers. Trust me, it'll do wonders!
Old 24th December 2014, 13:59   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Hello. It's great to see your excitement. ICE upgrade is a serious addiction.

Your setup looks good especially considering the budget. I would suggest you damp the front doors. The outermost metal portion needs to be damped, basically the portion behind the speakers. Trust me, it'll do wonders!
How much would that lighten my wallet by? BTW, what would be the effect considering that i'm planning to put the front speakers underneath the dash and not drilling in the doors?
Old 24th December 2014, 15:03   #111
BHPian

Quote:
How much would that lighten my wallet by? BTW, what would be the effect considering that i'm planning to put the front speakers underneath the dash and not drilling in the doors?
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "underneath the dash". The new Alto has front speakers on the door, right?
Old 24th December 2014, 15:30   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Underneath the dashboard?

Where is the place in that car for you to get those speakers in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by "underneath the dash". The new Alto has front speakers on the door, right?
The speakers in the New Alto K10 are on the doors.

Anurag.
Old 24th December 2014, 15:51   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Hi fellow team BHPians,

I'm planning to install a ICE for my alto K10, 2013-14 model...
The front and back speakers had to be from same company and preferred JBL because of the sound clarity and quality at this budget. The reviews also matched with my music genre preference....

So please go ahead and educate me.......
Hi er.sudhanshu, stick to a Pioneer HU, they are the most user friendly HUs in the market, IMHO! If you can, get an HU with inbuilt BT, trust me its a boon, and you can even stream music from your phone without the hassle of a data/aux cable.

For speakers I suggest you go for a set of components up front, and a pair of 6x9s on a parcel tray for the rear stage. Even if you power the components directly off your HU they will sound better than co-axials up front and give you a decent sound stage if installed properly. Look for brands like Infinity, Ground Zero, Hertz, Rockford Fosgate etc, almost all have components starting at around 5-6k Rs.

Getting the doors even lightly damped, i.e. at least sealing the little holes and service cut outs will greatly enhance your listening experience! Should cost you about 3k to damp the two front doors with a good-to-go layer of damping.

For the rear, you can go in for a decent pair of 6x9, these variety of speakers are not known known to give out the best SQ, but I think they are good all rounders, will take care of your basic bass requirements.

Make sure you get a good quality parcel tray made out of MDF, the regular parcel trays just give up pretty quickly and start sagging.

With proper installation even an amplifier-less set up sounds very good, you don't need to go overboard all at once, get this set up done, listen to it, then start upgrading one by one!

I can probably help you with proper model numbers if you share your budget, rest assured budgeting doesn't work in the ICE business!

Last edited by 599gto : 24th December 2014 at 15:53.
599gto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 15:54   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Underneath the dashboard?

Where is the place in that car for you to get those speakers in?

The speakers in the New Alto K10 are on the doors.

Anurag.
Just adjacent to the front glass and side beams on left and right corners. The place is small and has grills for small speakers. isn't it??ICE upgrade : Maruti Alto-k10-dashboatd-speaker.png
Old 24th December 2014, 16:17   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just adjacent to the front glass and side beams on left and right corners. The place is small and has grills for small speakers. isn't it??Attachment 1321627
Tweeters go in there. Components will need to go in the door.
Old 24th December 2014, 16:19   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just adjacent to the front glass and side beams on left and right corners. The place is small and has grills for small speakers. isn't it??Attachment 1321627
Yes it is. There usually is a small coaxial speaker under the plastic grill. My car (Camry) has similar locations. Since this location fires the speaker almost directly at the wind shield, my installer built a small plate to tilt the speaker towards the cabin.
Old 24th December 2014, 16:27   #117
BANNED

Quote:

Just adjacent to the front glass and side beams on left and right corners. The place is small and has grills for small speakers. isn't it??
Ah! It is the older version type of the dashboard like the ones in pre-2006 WagonR which we had.

So if this is the dash you have, then speakers go in there.

Anurag.
Old 24th December 2014, 16:37   #118
BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Alto

I see the experts are here.

Sudhansu do let us know what you finally go in for. Lot of options, go with what fits your budget and most importantly what your ears love!
Old 24th December 2014, 16:43   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Hi er.sudhanshu, stick to a Pioneer HU, they are the most user friendly HUs in the market, IMHO!
=========================
I can probably help you with proper model numbers if you share your budget, rest assured budgeting doesn't work in the ICE business!
my budget is about 12K, help is appreciated.
Old 24th December 2014, 17:20   #120
Senior - BHPian

re: ICE upgrade : Maruti Alto

er.sudhanshu
IMO 2 component speakers and a decent single DIN HU is very much possible within 12K.

Since you are in Delhi - the mecca of sorts for car accessories - why don't you nip over to the lajpat nagar market , and ask one or more dealers for various options?
joybhowmik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks