Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2007, 18:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya View Post
I already own the PXA-H701 with the C701 Display Unit. Trust me its BAD. It takes a lot of time in setting up and after I do, I cannot change via simple Treble & Bass Control. I have to change the entire 31 Band EQ Curve. And then by the time I have changed it, the song is over. I removed it from my car and its just lying at my house now.
That sounds pretty strange to me. Can't you save the settings as presets? Do you actually fiddle with the settings for every song?
Old 17th August 2007, 18:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I already own the PXA-H701 with the C701 Display Unit. Trust me its BAD. It takes a lot of time in setting up and after I do, I cannot change via simple Treble & Bass Control. I have to change the entire 31 Band EQ Curve. And then by the time I have changed it, the song is over. I removed it from my car and its just lying at my house now.

Regarding the H650, its much easier cause I got all the controls I want i.e. Treble, MID (which is main for me) & Bass. So its much easier to change tone from song to song.
Yaar do you change the setting for every song this is strange, And I have never heard anyone saying that PXA is a BAD. I myself is using one in my car, and I think this is the best thing in my car after my STEG Amps .

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You mean to say you tinker with 31 bands on tone control for every song!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
That sounds pretty strange to me. Can't you save the settings as presets? Do you actually fiddle with the settings for every song?
Like Navin Ji and Raghu said do you change the setting for every song, try this....use the FLAT setting it will help you a lot. to adjust the bass use the sub volume in the main menu of the RUX...

One more thing try taking the DEMO of the Illusion Carbon powered by Steg. Mind blowing experience...
Old 18th August 2007, 03:28   #33
BHPian

I listen to alot of variety of songs from Old 1950's Classical to Ghazals to Hip Hop to Rock to Country etc.. at one stretch. And all these songs I need the detailed sound which I cannot preset for all the songs.
Old 18th August 2007, 08:38   #34
BHPian

@mumbaiya. are you willing to sell your PXA-H701 with the C701 Display Unit.

if yes whats the price u are quoting. send me a pom regarding this.
Old 18th August 2007, 09:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I listen to alot of variety of songs from Old 1950's Classical to Ghazals to Hip Hop to Rock to Country etc.. at one stretch. And all these songs I need the detailed sound which I cannot preset for all the songs.
Thats why sir I was saying that try the FLAT setting. One will take some time to get used to it but once it is set in the head it there for ever...
Old 18th August 2007, 11:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

hemant: i was excatly going to ask the same thing. It cant be AS BAD. I'm also willing to buy.
Old 18th August 2007, 12:05   #37
BHPian

Who's the dealer for Audison in Mumbai? Also for Hertz?
Old 18th August 2007, 12:34   #38
BANNED

In Mumbai, I think you should get in touch with Creative International for Hertz and Audison. You can PM Gunbir or Jb (Autophile) to get their contact numbers etc...
It is definitely worth going for a Hertz+Audison demo before you finalise your setup.

JL is overpriced here. There are similar/better speakers in/below their prices. Still, you can demo them too. Look out for SSPL ads which is present on almost every issue of any automobile magazine.

I think it is high time B&T starts selling Illusions outside Mumbai and Gunbir ties up with more suppliers/dealers. Ain't it?
Old 18th August 2007, 14:43   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I think it is high time B&T starts selling Illusions outside Mumbai and Gunbir ties up with more suppliers/dealers. Ain't it?

Hmmm sure I would suggest that to Ajay Bhai for the same...

But I would seriously recommend the Illusion install a listen as if not done he will be missing some thing big...
Old 18th August 2007, 17:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Somehow zakko, I don't think Polk Momo fits in your list. Have you heard them? They are pretty aggressive.
I'll say this from personal experience...I replaced the Polk Momo Coaxials in 3 days! The components will be replaced in the the next 3. With what? Hmm...that'll be a new thread
Old 18th August 2007, 18:54   #41
BANNED

Yes! I did go for a check out of Polks yesterday. They're completely different from what they were some months ago.

LBM, it's not just the case of Illusions. Every product which has been quiet nicely discussed should be given an ear to.
A very important point before going for a demo; Prepai yourself with a very open mind. Don't listen to anything with preoccupied conclusions.

I think we need a sticky describing how to go with a demo listening session. Where're the GURUs? Long haired tatoo tree! Where're you?
Old 18th August 2007, 19:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is definitely worth going for a Hertz+Audison demo before you finalise your setup.
I agree ,have heard some of there installs (Hertz+Audison) and IMHO they are just too darn good but as zakko said take a demo of all the brands discussed here...only then decide.
Old 18th August 2007, 22:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
I agree ,have heard some of there installs (Hertz+Audison) and IMHO they are just too darn good but as zakko said take a demo of all the brands discussed here...only then decide.
I would prefer the High end Focals and Audison combo better....
Old 19th August 2007, 00:39   #44
BANNED

Different tastes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I would prefer the High end Focals and Audison combo better....
This is why it is always emphasised to listen to your own ears than others'. Thanks for pointing it out.

According to me, the above combo would be brighter to my tastes and I know many will say the same. I would personally prefer Hertz Mille or HiEnergy more.

This is exactly what is known as one person' porridge is other man's poison.
Old 19th August 2007, 09:53   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In the old days Quad used to make an amp with something called a Tilt control. In cases like this that helped a lot.

Douglas Self also designed some rather nice eq circuits (very quiet). modify that to work as a tilt control (you will need a quad pot for control) and you are in business.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks