Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2008, 02:29   #256
BHPian

slightly OT, but from what you say, can one infer that a HU with R-Type components (no amp) in the front would give a nice tight enough sound to say avoid the need for a subwoofer, for a self-driven car? (keeping in mind that I am not too picky about music, but just need a wholesome sound?)

If not, what about with an amp?
Old 9th January 2008, 02:58   #257
BANNED

nice stuff there Amit, be careful when you give your car for wash & servicing. do not let them open the doors during the wash. i'll suggest you clean the interiors yourself.
As they say - With great powers, come great resposibilities.

One question, how much damping did you use? what brand is it? didn't you put any on the plastic door panels? and how much did it cost?
Old 9th January 2008, 03:03   #258
BHPian

Components are supposed to divide the sound type like highs, mids and lows.

An speaker will start sound sweet for iteself, only when good amplification is supplied to it. More the power, clearer the sound.

Since the components are supposed to be for high sound quality, it would be injustice done to them if amplifier is not used.

Get a 2-ch amp anf use it to power the front components, and power the rear speakers from the headunit it self. It'll be worth the money put in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebmetal View Post
slightly OT, but from what you say, can one infer that a HU with R-Type components (no amp) in the front would give a nice tight enough sound to say avoid the need for a subwoofer, for a self-driven car?

If not, what about with an amp?
Advice: Use amp with components ELSE buy simple 4",5" round speakers if u dont intent to buy a amp.
Old 9th January 2008, 03:06   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsinner View Post
nice stuff there Amit, be careful when you give your car for wash & servicing. do not let them open the doors during the wash. i'll suggest you clean the interiors yourself.
Nice advice

Quote:
One question, how much damping did you use? what brand is it? didn't you put any on the plastic door panels? and how much did it cost?
Brand....was send to FM Drive by Ajay bhai. Cost, amount of damping, will all be calculated on the final day.

Quote:
As they say - With great powers, come great resposibilities.
Let HOPE i ge good power out of these.....i promise i'll be responsible. EispiderMan!!!

Last edited by amit_sound : 9th January 2008 at 03:10.
Old 9th January 2008, 11:48   #260
Senior - BHPian

Nice work progress. Will be waiting for the final pics.
Old 9th January 2008, 13:04   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound View Post
Brand....was send to FM Drive by Ajay bhai. Cost, amount of damping, will all be calculated on the final day.
Thats what I was talking to Pankaj Bhai, while single layers will be fine for the doors, you might have to use a little more than "normal" people for the trunk. I'm sure parts of it must be already rattling due to the JBL 15s induced molestation and now its going to be sheer, er.. sodomy.
Old 9th January 2008, 21:44   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Components are supposed to divide the sound type like highs, mids and lows.

An speaker will start sound sweet for iteself, only when good amplification is supplied to it. More the power, clearer the sound.

Since the components are supposed to be for high sound quality, it would be injustice done to them if amplifier is not used.

Get a 2-ch amp anf use it to power the front components, and power the rear speakers from the headunit it self. It'll be worth the money put in.

Advice: Use amp with components ELSE buy simple 4",5" round speakers if u dont intent to buy a amp.

Hi Amit,

one small advice needed, as u sd that u need amp for the comp's, can it be used with a 4-ch amp? I have a 4-ch amp which is running my rear speakes and a woofer. Can i power the comp's and the woofer with the 4-ch amp, and rear coax with the HU???
Old 9th January 2008, 23:50   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hi Amit,

one small advice needed, as u sd that u need amp for the comp's, can it be used with a 4-ch amp? I have a 4-ch amp which is running my rear speakes and a woofer. Can i power the comp's and the woofer with the 4-ch amp, and rear coax with the HU???
if fact now if u install a component you will have a very good setup. Yes your 4 ch amp is perfect for the comps.

Which amp you have?

Do this, power your front component and woofer by the 4 ch amp. Run the rear speakers off the head-unit. I bet, you'll be satisfied.
Old 9th January 2008, 23:57   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Thats what I was talking to Pankaj Bhai, while single layers will be fine for the doors, you might have to use a little more than "normal" people for the trunk.
Yes Ajay, in fact i guess Pankaj bhai is already in a mood to do a double layer for the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I'm sure parts of it must be already rattling due to the JBL 15s induced molestation and now its going to be sheer, er.. sodomy.
Arey serious yaar....i still dont know why i sold the GT4-15. I mean today also if I think, i was very very satisfied with the setup. You say thoda....i'd say those JBLs have troubled my car a lot. Had a lot of air gaps formed due to it. Air gaps were noticible, when driving above 120.

Now....fingers crossed!! I just hope they sound the way i am expecting. Since it gonna be done tomorrow..... i am dropping all the over expectations. I am really nervous.
Old 10th January 2008, 00:09   #265
Senior - BHPian

Best of luck man. But don`t expect them to perform the very first day. The subs will take few days to break in and perform to the max
Old 10th January 2008, 01:24   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound
i'd say those JBLs have troubled my car a lot. Had a lot of air gaps formed due to it. Air gaps were noticible, when driving above 120.

Better get used to it. The DDs will surely take the "gaps" to an advanced level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_sound
Now....fingers crossed!! I just hope they sound the way i am expecting. Since it gonna be done tomorrow..... i am dropping all the over expectations. I am really nervous.

I don't think there's anything to worry about. The car is in safe hands, and DD will sure as hell kick some ***!
Old 10th January 2008, 20:49   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if fact now if u install a component you will have a very good setup. Yes your 4 ch amp is perfect for the comps.

Which amp you have?

Do this, power your front component and woofer by the 4 ch amp. Run the rear speakers off the head-unit. I bet, you'll be satisfied.
Thanks for the reply amit. Well i have a sony expolde amp (i think its 552).
One more thing, if i install comp's in my car (fiesta) in the door panels, where the original front speakers are, wont it make cranking sounds when listening on high volums?? Will i need to go for damping and stuff, cause i really dont want to go for it as my car is only 1 year old . Also can u suggest any good, but not very expensive comps? I was thinking of changing my rear speakers cause they have gone old now, so should i go for JBL937 or any other good speakers.
I know i am asking tooooo many questions, but would really appericate ur help in my car setup
Old 11th January 2008, 10:24   #268
BHPian

For 4 ch amp, you could look at JBL CS series, also check out the prices for the new JBL GT5 series. Poineer 4 ch amps sould also be in budget.

Damping...yes, the Apline R Types installed in the front (my car) has a lot of thump. Going without damping would give a lot of vibrations and unwanted noise. Do ont thing, install the speakers and check, if you feel you need to go for damping, then do that.

JBL 937 is a goof VFM stuff. Infact i am selling mine as i have installed all four components
Old 11th January 2008, 10:26   #269
BHPian

Guys, kafi kaam ho gaya.....but woofer were not put in the car yest as we were out of good speaker wirings. So Pankaj, was not in a mood to compromise on the setup and suggested that we wait for today.

Rest, all is done......will upload the imgaes today some time.
Old 12th January 2008, 15:42   #270
BHPian

Done..... Its installed and sounding. Its got thump. Sounds preety neet for a 12" woofer.

Pics shall be uploaded soon as i forgot the data cable of cam at home. Waiting fir the coils to open a bit.

Finally DD is in, and moving out air of the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks