Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2008, 16:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
but the steg B is talking about is a bridged stereo amp right?
from what i found on google about strapping Sundown Amplifier FAQ - SSA Forums: , it essentially looks like bridging two (single ended output ?) monoblocs. but can 2 amps which are already bridged be bridged together?
Your understanding is right, but it can be done with the Steg K Competition stereo amps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN View Post
My amp is a 4 channel amp. But it will be used as a mono amp - 1 channel.
Your amp is not a 4-ch amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Wonder why is that guy hammering - is Noisekill so hard to apply, Ajay?
Its easy to apply. I suspect the dude must have not applied it properly and ended up with a crease or something. Then realized that the amp will not fit flat on the bumped part, and hence hammering away at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAGWAN
Work is really going very very slow.....
Take out the whip, sir.

No, not the handcuffs. Just the whip should be enough.
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:53   #47
Senior - BHPian

Been an interesting thread coz of discussions and step by step pix.

We do miss the price stuff/quantity of Noise Kill used etc..
Old 22nd June 2008, 18:57   #48
BHPian

Correct - It is a 2 channel amp !!!

Quote:
Quote:
My amp is a 4 channel amp. But it will be used as a mono amp - 1 channel.

Your amp is not a 4-ch amp.
Mistake - Sir.

You are right.

I never purchase 4 channel amps. The last one I had got was the Magnat - 720 many years back.

I always use 2 channel amps.

Thanks,
Old 22nd June 2008, 19:36   #49
BHPian

I need suggestions !!

Now, this is the time I need your suggestions;
Please do help :-

I have got my front component mounting position.

I need suggestion as to where I can mount my rear tweeters.
I have tried to put the tweeters above mid woofer on the doors, but I have not been happy / satisfied with its position.

Fellow ICEers kindly suggest. What you have tried & what you have liked. Appreciate the inputs.
Thanks,
Old 22nd June 2008, 20:37   #50
Senior - BHPian

There are VERY few people here who have mounted components in the rear.

What is it that you are dissatisfied with: lack of imaging? lack of definition? highs too mild / bright? danger of bumping?
Old 22nd June 2008, 22:00   #51
Senior - BHPian

This is an interesting thread because of the regular updates and pictures.

I would appreciate your feedback about using components at rear, the gadgets used and the price.

You love audio and do not compromise on quality, what i have noticed in i10, skoda and this thread. All the Best!!
Old 22nd June 2008, 23:32   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
No, not the handcuffs. Just the whip should be enough.
handcuffs would only slow them down. :-) but a cat-o-nine-tails...hmm...

Quote:
I have tried to put the tweeters above mid woofer on the doors, but I have not been happy / satisfied with its position.
where on the door did you try it?
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:43   #53
Senior - BHPian

'B'

Do you like the Carbon components more than the Q-Line? Am asking since you chose to install them in the front.

There are a couple of Audiobahn amps too, in the snaps. What will they drive?

Which HU will you be using?
Old 23rd June 2008, 07:38   #54
BHPian

Both sound very very different !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
There are VERY few people here who have mounted components in the rear.

What is it that you are dissatisfied with: lack of imaging? lack of definition? highs too mild / bright? danger of bumping?
When ever I have mounted components in the rear, they do not even sound 20 % as good as the components in the font. Why ? I have used the same amp & the same components in the fron & in the rear - my RS & the front one sounds like it is from a different planet !!!!

Quote:
Do you like the Carbon components more than the Q-Line? Am asking since you chose to install them in the front.

There are a couple of Audiobahn amps too, in the snaps. What will they drive?

Which HU will you be using?
I have Audiobahn amps from my previous install. I will not be using them. I replaced them with 3 Steg's. All the 3 Stegs are 2 Channel Amplifiers & both the Audiobahn amplifiers are 2 channel amplifiers - I would like to sell them off @ 50 % discount.

My HU is an Alpine - 9855. Thank God it is not the 9887 [I hate that HU]

Quote:
Quote:

where on the door did you try it?
Hello 'N' !

I have always placed the tweeter in 2 places on the door.
a] Above the mid woofer - as far away from the passenger as possible.
b] On the door - next to the side 'putti' basically just below thw window line.

I have never liked the sound from any of the places.

Quote:
This is an interesting thread because of the regular updates and pictures.

I would appreciate your feedback about using components at rear, the gadgets used and the price.

You love audio and do not compromise on quality, what i have noticed in i10, skoda and this thread. All the Best!!
Thank you Sir !

I do hope I will be in a position to 'improve' on the sound that I have managed in my wife's i-10. I do not khink that the Illusion Carbon / MB Quart Q Line will be in a position to 'beat' the 'Dynaudio', but this is for sure turning out to be my 'most serious' install for sure.

I have spent a lot of time to get it 'right'
Personally been after it for the past 3 days & it will take 2 more days to finish [I hope]......
12 hours a day with 2 guys being at it. Trust me I am drained...

Sir, I used the Components that I did, because I had them. I wanted to sell the MB QUart Q Line off & replace them with Morel / Hertz but I was not able to sell them off. Hence, I re-used them in the rear.

I love the amplification from Steg - hence, I have used 3 of them.

Illusion Audio [Carbon] for me is the 'cheapest' component that is available in the market that can even try to enter the same 'pool' as the 'big boys' and that too at a fraction of the price !!!!! Hence, I use it....

More in a while. [hope this post goes through - more often than not, one types & then the server does not take it on]

------------------
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the detailed feedback.
Do not get demotivated, all your hardwork would bear fruit soon. All the Best!!

Any particular reason why you hate Alpine 9887? I find that is highly recommended by many reputed installers and I am considering the same for my upgrade.
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:31   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
When ever I have mounted components in the rear, they do not even sound 20 % as good as the components in the font.
I have always placed the tweeter in 2 places on the door.
a] Above the mid woofer - as far away from the passenger as possible.
b] On the door - next to the side 'putti' basically just below thw window line.
3 reasons.
1. door volume. rear doors are often much smaller than the front doors.
2. location of speaker in rear door vis-a-vis the listener in the rear door the speaker is more sqaure with the listener's position is some cars (mostly very large sedans) this issue is not there and hence the rear door speaker's bass and imaging improves.
3. the rear door speaker's off axis response bounces of a variety of objects. The front door speaker (especially in today's cockpit type front comparments) dont face this problem.

The cheapest way Bhagwan to solve this problem is to upgrade the car to a Skoda Superb. The other alternate would be to move the rear seat about 1 foot back which means the Swift's trunk would be complelty elminanted.

To image well the midbass and tweeter should be well in front of your knees, in the rear door this is rarely the case. In very large sedans (Rolls Royce Phantom for example) the rear door is large enough, there is adequate legroom and hence the rear seat can be positioned behind the speaker's vertical axis (an immaginary line from the center of the woofer to the center of the tweeter).

Bhagwan, visaulise this. a car that had custom B pillars that could accomodate a 5" woofer and tweeter and not be directed at the front seat's headrest. Now if you have the room so that you can angle the 5" speaker towards the rear passenger that is furthest from it you might have a chance. Untill then grin and bear it.

Last edited by navin : 23rd June 2008 at 10:36.
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:45   #57
BHPian

Rear Install is complete. Sub is still left !

The work in the boot is complete.
Just finished.
The Sub Enclosure is still O/S.
Power Cables to fix to the Battery is O/S
The Rear Tweeter mounting is O/S

Some of the completed pictures.....
Attached Thumbnails
Swift - Diesel - ICE - Steg + MB Quart [Q Line] + Illusion [Carbon].-component-amplifiers-boot.jpg  

Swift - Diesel - ICE - Steg + MB Quart [Q Line] + Illusion [Carbon].-tweeter-close-up-23.06.2008.jpg  

Swift - Diesel - ICE - Steg + MB Quart [Q Line] + Illusion [Carbon].-illusion-audio-tweeter-mounted-pillar-23.06.2008.jpg  

Swift - Diesel - ICE - Steg + MB Quart [Q Line] + Illusion [Carbon].-amplifier-close-up-power-distribution-23.06.2008.jpg  

Swift - Diesel - ICE - Steg + MB Quart [Q Line] + Illusion [Carbon].-shafiq-rear-install-sans-sub-complete-23.06.2008.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2008, 11:18   #58
BHPian

Amazing setup.
I am in love with your wheels.
BTW, those front seats look hot. Can we get a closeup of the seats?
And how much did you spend on those seats?
Custom? readily available?
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:22   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When ever I have mounted components in the rear, they do not even sound 20 % as good as the components in the font. Why ? I have used the same amp & the same components in the fron & in the rear - my RS & the front one sounds like it is from a different planet !!!!
The surroundings are completely different in the front as compared to the rear location. In front, you have a couple of reflective surfaces around the tweeters: the windscreen, the dash and the door (glass and the pad). Even if you mount the tweeters on-axis, the harmonics and reflections from the reflective surfaces will change the signature of the perceived sound. In the rear, however, you have only the door glass and pad as reflective surfaces (ignore the rear windscreen, it is too far), all others are absorptive because of the cloth covering.

Maybe if you locate the tweeters on the B pillar at the headrest level, they might sound better.

BTW, the legend in your pics say "A/B pillar", but your tweeters are mounted only on the A pillar (the B pillars are behind you if you sit in the driver's seat; that's where the seat belts for front are located).
Old 23rd June 2008, 11:24   #60
BHPian

Seats = 3 weeks of time !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Amazing setup.
I am in love with your wheels.
BTW, those front seats look hot. Can we get a closeup of the seats?
And how much did you spend on those seats?
Custom? readily available?
Thank You Sir.

Yes, I shall click some pictures of the seats & post it in the other thread for Swift Mods. I cannot put it here - the mods will remove it.

The Cost of the seat is 3 weeks time.

They are custom made to my body / structure.
Leather is Napa - Italian.
The cost is not important. The biggest problem is to follow up with the 'bum' that makes it. Very Very irresponsible & has no sense of time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks