Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 23:12   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityamunshi View Post
Nice install frank. Those lucies look great! I wish B&T would stock them again.

BTW, Are the crossovers and amp mounted on the enclosure ?

hi there adi..
yep, i told b&t to start stocking the Luccents again, but Hermit hai ke maanta nahi..
the amps are mounted on the enclosure, but the x'overs are placed in a stealth kind of way, inside the dashboard. no one can see them, not even me

Last edited by frankmehta : 17th February 2009 at 23:13.
Old 17th February 2009, 23:29   #287
Senior - BHPian

The breakup of costs for the components is somewhat like this:
(PS: i haven't mentioned the prices of the stuff i bought used, and i thought i'd put their MRP for convenience, since the actual cost of the entire setup would not be indicative, if I were to furnish the used prices.)

Head Unit: Alpine CDA-9887
Rs. 21000/-

Speakers:

Front: Illusion Audio Luccent IM-6.1 Component System
Rs. 15990/-

Rear: Ground Zero MK2 6”x9” coaxials
Rs. 4950/-

Subwoofer: Illusion Audio Luccent IM-12
Rs. 10,500/-

Amplifiers
:

Components and Rear Fills: Ground Zero TA120MK2 4 Channel Power Amplifier
Rs. 10,990/-

Subwoofer: Rockford Fosgate Punch 325.2 2 Channel Power Amplifier
Rs. 5300/- (USA- Crutchfield.com)

Subwoofer Enclosure: Custom Made MDF Enclosure measuring 1.65 Cu. Ft.
Rs. 3500/-

Damping:
NoiseKill in the Front Doors and Boot: 35 Sq ft @ Rs. 150/ sq ft.
Rs. 5250/-

Fiber Glassing in the Front Door Pads
Rs. 1200/-

Wiring:
Illusion Audio 16AWG Reference Series Cabling
Rs. 1050/- *2= Rs. 2100/-

Twister Amplifier Wiring Kit
Rs. 1750/-

Polycab 2GA 6 Mtrs Power Cabling(36 sq. mm)
Rs. 170/- per meter*6= Rs. 1020/-

Boss Audio Wiring
Rs. 350/- (for one RCA for the Rear Ovals)

Ichibahn Fuse and Holder
Rs. 450/-+ Rs. 350/-= Rs. 800

Installation: Rs. 7500/-

Final Cost:
Rs. 92,200/-

PS: Jesus, O Jesus, Let my Dad never see this thread :-(

Last edited by frankmehta : 17th February 2009 at 23:30.
Old 18th February 2009, 09:53   #288
BANNED

Frank,

Only 1 suggestion purely from a practical point of view. Please install a grill to cover the woofer. You don't want to damage it or tear the cone with some loose objects in the boot or whilst putting some luggage in. You can never be too careful and prevention is better than the cure.

Viper
Old 18th February 2009, 09:54   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post

Final Cost:
Rs. 92,200/-

am I dreaming!!!

Frank, the thought of doing ICE close to the cost of the car doesnt really strike many people. Hope you take rest for few days before another phase of upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Frank,

Only 1 suggestion purely from a practical point of view. Please install a grill to cover the woofer. You don't want to damage it or tear the cone with some loose objects in the boot or whilst putting some luggage in. You can never be too careful and prevention is better than the cure.

Viper
Yesterday i happened to see the pio accessories of 2009 products. I liked this and was priced at Rs 450.

Last edited by shreyasma : 18th February 2009 at 09:58.
Old 18th February 2009, 11:19   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Frank,

Viper
i was thinking on the same lines, but yesterday I realized that since the motor of the sub is on the outside, there will be no grille available in the market that is going to accommodate the sub. I will have to think of something, or else, will ask B&T to make one out of Fiber Glass.
Thanks for the concern.. I hope i dont forget this soon. there are quite a few sharp objects in my boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
am I dreaming!!!

Frank, the thought of doing ICE close to the cost of the car doesnt really strike many people. Hope you take rest for few days before another phase of upgrades.

Yesterday i happened to see the pio accessories of 2009 products. I liked this and was priced at Rs 450.
shreyas, this is a one time investment. the only amount I need to spend when i get a new car, the next time around is on damping and installation. the rest is already there

The grille looks good, but somehow i feel I can get better, where even the motor will be protected. thanks though!
Old 18th February 2009, 12:37   #291
Senior - BHPian

Frank, now you are putting the cost involved in a public forum, and you were against what i said. both are conveying the same message.
anyways you can go to the hardware shops who sell home accessories and pick up two or three long handles and screw them over the sub enclosure, will look good.

Last edited by gigy : 18th February 2009 at 12:39.
Old 18th February 2009, 12:40   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Frank, now you are putting the cost involved in a public forum, and you were against what i said. both are conveying the same message.

hey gigy! didnt get you there..
as for the rods, i was thinking on the same lines, but is there enough protection???
Old 18th February 2009, 12:54   #293
Senior - BHPian

Can't say it will be enough, but will definitely prevent large things like suitcase banging it.May not prevent an umbrella poking it though.Local like one below don't look good. you can also go the branded way if IA sub has something. the pio one posted above may not fit the IA, will have to confirm it from the gurus.
Attached Thumbnails
Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-img_4738.jpg  

Last edited by gigy : 18th February 2009 at 13:02.
Old 18th February 2009, 13:15   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Can't say it will be enough, but will definitely prevent large things like suitcase banging it.May not prevent an umbrella poking it though.Local like one below don't look good. you can also go the branded way if IA sub has something. the pio one posted above may not fit the IA, will have to confirm it from the gurus.

hey gigy, i have one of those local grilles. but that will mask the beauty of the illusion sub. might think of something on the lines of acrylic. dad sells it, so will have a word with him on that. will need to perforate it or something..
Old 18th February 2009, 13:22   #295
Senior - BHPian

@frank, about the grille, maybe you can try and see if you can get a piece of circular plexiglass cut to the diameter of the sub + 2 inches. Biggish round holes (say of 2 cms diameter) can be drilled in the plexiglass circle. It can then be screwed over the sub with small plexiglass spacers (maybe 2cm tall) at just the points where the screws go into the MDF.

If you want to be adventurous (and want to spend more money heh, heh) you can get the Illusion logo etched onto the plexiglass circle.

This will look nice & classy, will protect the sub well, and will cost a bit of money (How much money, I have no idea as I haven't done this before).

EDIT: Just saw your post. Looks like we had about the same thing in mind. Acrylic will do the job well too!

Last edited by hydrashok : 18th February 2009 at 13:24.
Old 18th February 2009, 13:26   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@frank, about the grille, maybe you can try and see if you can get a piece of circular plexiglass cut to the diameter of the sub + 2 inches. Biggish round holes (say of 2 cms diameter) can be drilled in the plexiglass circle. It can then be screwed over the sub with small plexiglass spacers (maybe 2cm tall) at just the points where the screws go into the MDF.

If you want to be adventurous (and want to spend more money heh, heh) you can get the Illusion logo etched onto the plexiglass circle.

This will look nice & classy, will protect the sub well, and will cost a bit of money (How much money, I have no idea as I haven't done this before).

EDIT: Just saw your post. Looks like we had about the same thing in mind. Acrylic will do the job well too!

anup ji, dad deals in acrylic and plexi, so costs will be inconsequential. i might just use a sample that he gets.. lol!
besides that, the etching part i shall speak to him about. just wanted you to have a look at the sub side on, in my pics, and you shall see the motor jutting out. do you think i can accommodate it in one circular piece???? fabrication is really expensive!
Old 18th February 2009, 13:32   #297
BHPian

@frank

I am very much an ICE amateur but your ICE setup looks extremely inviting and fabulous. The itch to start earning soon has just become bigger

great pics and a great write up!
Old 18th February 2009, 13:34   #298
Senior - BHPian

Dont put that metal grille, it has scratched my sub on edges(as it became loose & I couldn't detect it in time) in the last 3 years of usage. Its still on buy I keep tightening the holding screws
Old 18th February 2009, 13:45   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
... PS: Jesus, O Jesus, Let my Dad never see this thread :-(
Errr, can you post your dad's mobile number or email id? Perhaps we can help Jesus do the right thing? May be we can call your dad and tell him not to look at this thread!
Old 18th February 2009, 13:47   #300
Senior - BHPian

here's my dad's number:
1-800-DOYOUWANTMEDEAD ???

email address:

deraltepleasepleasepleasedont@canilive.com

Last edited by frankmehta : 18th February 2009 at 13:50.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks