Old 27th January 2009, 16:23   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
the middle pic is that of a TV tube!

oh! thats awesome then! ill add a ps3 to the car too then
Old 27th January 2009, 16:32   #123
Senior - BHPian

Yoke (horizontal scan coil) for the TV tube, to be more precise. Navin, babalog haven't seen the insides of a TV, or used a rotary telephone dial. Aisa juna dabba ka bare mein bolenga to kaisa? Like 3rd photu has a valve radio?
Old 27th January 2009, 17:04   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Like 3rd photu has a valve radio?
That is a 1934 Philco 54C .

Frank do you have that radio I could use the SE OPT! I have 2 old Delta OPTs made for EL84PP.

DA, I dont think Frank was even born in 1934.

Last edited by navin : 27th January 2009 at 17:22.
Old 27th January 2009, 18:40   #125
Senior - BHPian

1934? Even My granddad wasn't born then :-)
I don't have any of this equipment and i won't be installing any of it in my car lol.
On a more serious note, the electras are gone. Tomorrow taking them out. was a short but memorable journey. I built my entire system around them. The illusion electras changed my perception about how music is ought to be heard. Anyways they're going to someone on the forum and i hope he enjoys them the way i have.
Old 27th January 2009, 18:48   #126
Senior - BHPian

From the photo it looks like it is of a B/W Tv. Colored ones have 3 coils...If I am not wrong here.
Old 27th January 2009, 19:03   #127
Senior - BHPian

@dr.frankbhaimehtaji, but why did you take the Illusions out?

Navin, I have grown up getting shocks from the exposed shafts of the pots in these boxes - even the metal set-screw holding the knob to the shaft used to be a nightmare! Now I really feel old when such childhood memories come flooding back. Sniff!

LBM, even the colored ones have the same, I think, no? Depending on the type of tube, there is another mechanism, which bends the beam ever so slightly to hit the appropriate phosphor. The yoke keeps sweeping the beam right to left (as seen from the back) with a sawtooth wave fed to it.

Last edited by DerAlte : 27th January 2009 at 19:15.
Old 27th January 2009, 19:28   #128
Senior - BHPian

The colored one has three beams emitting so that three VC are needed.
Old 27th January 2009, 19:47   #129
Senior - BHPian

I've always been scared of taking apart TV's. the high voltage warnings always scared me ( i used to invariably shock myself every once in a while )
Old 27th January 2009, 19:52   #130
BHPian

With all the suspense, the compos better be good! Can't wait to hear what's replacing the Electras.
Old 27th January 2009, 22:46   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@dr.frankbhaimehtaji, but why did you take the Illusions out?
ive found a good deal somewhere. and im working on it. if it works out, then i shall be very happy. more on that in the coming week :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
With all the suspense, the compos better be good! Can't wait to hear what's replacing the Electras.
yea, since the electras are going, something better is definitely coming!!!! but this suspense is not to gather more replies or attention. lol.
its more because of the source ;-) i really dunno whether ill be able to get them or not.
Old 28th January 2009, 00:40   #132
Senior - BHPian

U P D A T E!

my new component set has been confirmed. and ordered.

here's whats coming.
yes they are the illusion audio luccent IM6.1s.
im really excited to get these. these are the pictures of the set that's coming in for me.
more from me on the luccents in 2 weeks!
Attached Thumbnails
Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-cimg0173-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-cimg0169.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-cimg0170.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-cimg0165.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-cimg0168.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-cimg0167.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 28th January 2009, 01:31   #133
Senior - BHPian

Congoz Doc. And how big a hole is that in the pocket.
looks great.

@ B&T , update the website sir. Cant see the details et all
Old 28th January 2009, 02:34   #134
Senior - BHPian

Thanx Abhinav. These weren't planned. But i was just having my usual 'rounds' on a couple of audio sites of the usa, when this particular deal struck me. See, its going to be a gamble, if it pays off, but just in case it doesn't, then i don't stand to lose much. Thats all. They have already shipped and i'm very excited to see the product in my hands. I've just purchased the raw driver (midbass)
The crossover and the tweet is also in progress from elsewhere. The reason why i posted the pics right now was because my thread was looking like a guess-it game:-) the seller sent me these pictures on request. According to what i think, the luccents will make quite a big difference in sq. And since they are the elder brothers of the Electra, i guess they can only better them at what they do best. Really keen to get these put in my car. Electras never left anything to be desired. But eventually this deal kept haunting me.
Its still a gamble, trust me. And god knows how the drivers will be.
The seller claims they are brand new, and he's known well for his stuff. So i put it, he's not fibbing:-) also, if it all turns out well, i should be having them up and running in another 3 weeks. Anyways, signing off.
By the way the luccents are out of the indian portfolio of Illusion Audio, hence there's nothing to update on the hermit audio site :-)
Old 28th January 2009, 03:47   #135
BANNED

Congratulations Frank!
May god bless you lot more Illusions in the world of ICE.

And without breaking your tradition, please post all detailed pics of pre/on going/post install. Our eyes will be delighted!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks