Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 00:35   #166
Senior - BHPian

Alpine will say no no i know 9887 is a good HU but i personally don't like alpine but you never know, Eclipse and pioneer yes both are pretty good, Hmmmm HX-D2 that's one hell HU or maybe P90, loved the looks (and is better then the older P90 with more feature's) of the new HU from pioneer P99 but it cost a bomb approx 2000 us $
Old 19th July 2009, 02:25   #167
Senior - BHPian

My Vote goes to the P90, Recently heard the HU and it sounds like something very very different from the usual league of Head Units, obviously the HX-D2 is'nt bad either, But if you are ready to pay the 30k+ difference between the HX-D2 and P90, Best would be to go for the P90. Its looks Classy and Simple and does the job what a HU should, Play the source Perfect

P99, The availability would be an issue, the HU is just annouced by Pioneer, I dont think it has HIT the shelves yet, Look at it this way with the P99 launched, the prices of P90 would fall . Prices of P90 are coming down starting next month.
Old 19th July 2009, 09:31   #168
Senior - BHPian

Prices of P90 are coming down. Hmmm.
The P99 though expensive will be one of the best headunits available right now.
KK. Time to wake up.
Old 19th July 2009, 11:00   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
My Vote goes to the P90, Recently heard the HU and it sounds like something very very different from the usual league of Head Units, obviously the HX-D2 is'nt bad either, But if you are ready to pay the 30k+ difference......
Yeah man my vote also goes to P90 and P99 but what about the finances who will gone gift me this HU, But i am sure spending that kind of money will make a huge difference i know somebody who is planning to get one, Manan i think you also know him. Do share your experience how you felt when you heard the RAINBOW REFERENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Prices of P90 are coming down. Hmmm.
The P99 though expensive will be one of the best headunits available right now. KK. Time to wake up.
Will sure come down let them come near 20k or so will buy it, The best part about P99 is it does all the jobs like USB/ipod direct with a simple cable no external adapter required which many high end can't do i know some one will say why you need a usb/ipod at that level but its me. No NO just don't think i am gonna buy it.
Old 19th July 2009, 11:43   #170
naughty001

wish i could afford the P99RS, Pioneer always made good headunits and i think that this one will really be topnotch, but if you think its expensive in India, then imagine how expensive it will be where i live.

i think that the price is estimated to be around R15000 in South Africa which makes it around 90000 rupees in a direct exchange rate conversion, im wondering whether that would be worth spending, but the features sure seem very tasty

Old 19th July 2009, 13:11   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
wish i could afford the P99RS.
+1 to the ^^^ statement wish i could.
Naughty if it will cost 90k in SA then i am sure if Pioneer India launches this in India will cost more the 1.25 lac with B&W but they will not (We don't even get the P80RSII in India through official channel) and through grey channel will cost almost the same what it will cost you there.
Old 19th July 2009, 16:11   #172
Senior - BHPian

Looks nice to me..

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-dexp99rs_main_large.jpg

My wait for new HU has finished.
Old 19th July 2009, 17:54   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Will sure come down let them come near 20k or so will buy it, The best part about P99 is it does all the jobs like USB/ipod direct with a simple cable no external adapter required which many high end can't do i know some one will say why you need a usb/ipod at that level but its me. No NO just don't think i am gonna buy it.
I second you. Even i don't use the USB now. Ipod i did not use even with my Alpine. I hate fiddling with ipod during driving and syncing it again and again. Its just me.

I hope you get some good HU as you already know that it is the crux of a good install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
wish i could afford the P99RS, Pioneer always made good headunits and i think that this one will really be topnotch, but if you think its expensive in India, then imagine how expensive it will be where i live.

i think that the price is estimated to be around R15000 in South Africa which makes it around 90000 rupees in a direct exchange rate conversion, im wondering whether that would be worth spending, but the features sure seem very tasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
+1 to the ^^^ statement wish i could.
Naughty if it will cost 90k in SA then i am sure if Pioneer India launches this in India will cost more the 1.25 lac with B&W but they will not (We don't even get the P80RSII in India through official channel) and through grey channel will cost almost the same what it will cost you there.
When we have sources, why buy it from India. At 2000$ it would be near 1 lakh. So carrying it down from the US would mean a lot of saving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Looks nice to me..

Attachment 160837

My wait for new HU has finished.
Nice. Hope to hear it soon.
Old 19th July 2009, 20:05   #174
naughty001

what else is fantastic is the DEH P01. thats a version of the P99 thats a dead head but its being made for the japanese market only (JDM), and it comes with an external 6 channel amplifier for a full three way front stage active but not powering the subwoofer, and its got exactly all the same features as a P99RS

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-dehp01_big.jpg

heres a diagram of how it works as three way

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-img02_02.jpg

and heres how it works in 4 way ie three way front stage only plus subwoofer

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-img02_01.jpg

its got the same 4 x 24 bit DAC's as well as 32 band Equalisers and each channel has independent time alignment plus its got other features like a copper chassis and its also got automatic processing ie T/A and EQ correction done with the aid of a mic that you just attach to the unit itself, no need for external processors like the imprint that alpine uses

i only hope that they have solved the "pico fuse" problems and those pesky weak internal earths that cause alternator whine on most pioneer units, if they have then these units are amongst the best that the high end can offer

definitely something worth looking at buying if you can afford it , not trying to pressurize you cos i know its expensive but i think when the P99RS is freely available i will look into the possibility of getting one

BTW i dont think it will $2000 in the states for the P99RS because a member over at Talk Audio (UK) was finding out about it and was quoted $1150 for one of those from Japan including shipping, the price in South Africa is taking into account import duties and VAT (value added tax) plus shipping and handling as well as forwarding charges, maybe the DEH P01 will be around $2000 there

Old 19th July 2009, 22:55   #175
Senior - BHPian

I think it will retail in the 1000-1200 dollar range.
Old 19th July 2009, 23:09   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think it will retail in the 1000-1200 dollar range.
Quote:
The list price for the DEH-P01 in Japan is Y105,000 which is ~$1,150 US. I was quoted Y94,030 which is ~$1,000 US.
The DEX/DEQ-P01II from what I have read is around $2K US. It supposedly has better parts than the new all in one unit, plus the Carrozzeria combo comes with a higher quality glass fiber optic cable that was aroun $300 back when the Japanese version of the P9 was available.
Got this info from diyma i think 1150/1200 $ is a good price for this HU by the way any news on availability
Old 20th July 2009, 02:49   #177
naughty001

Quote:
The list price for the DEH-P01 in Japan is Y105,000 which is ~$1,150 US. I was quoted Y94,030 which is ~$1,000 US.
remember the DEH P01 has the external 6 channel amp at that price of ~$1150 - this is going to be more expensive than the P99RS which wont have the external amp but will feature an internal amp

Quote:
The DEX/DEQ-P01II from what I have read is around $2K US
at $2000 that would be the DEX-P011 and the DEQ-PO11 processor - which means you will get two units at that price, and i think thats also only japanese cos the american version of those two units are the DEX-P9 and DEQ-P9 and those are definitely pioneers flagships but its two units

the P99RS is going to be only one unit, it wont have any external processing or amplification - so as a single unit 1din all-in-one headunit it is their rangetopper, and i think it will be around more or less what LBM states in price which makes it more feasible for the estimated price of R15000 here in South Africa cos $2000 after exchenge rate conversion plus VAT and duties and handling charges will all add up to around R25000, so id expect that for the units with the external processing cos it adds the processing unit into the mix as well

but lets see what info becomes available as these units become more freely available, im also keeping an eye open on my end of the world too

BTW have you read this thread over at DIYMA - it contains most of the info about the different models and pricing, but one guy estimates $2037 but that is incorrect cos its a direct conversion of retail pricing in the UK and the UK is always far more expensive so when the headunit really officially hits the states i expect it to be far less - anyways heres the link

There's still hope for SQ HU's (but not in America, LOL) - DIY Mobile Audio

Old 20th July 2009, 10:43   #178
Senior - BHPian

Karan.
More pics of the sub dude.
Old 20th July 2009, 10:51   #179
Senior - BHPian

Pioneer P99RS is launched in Singapore and it retails at 2100 S$ which would be about 1300USD, not that bad as even the Calrion HXD2 retails for around about the same price.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:25   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Pioneer P99RS is launched in Singapore and it retails at 2100 S$ which would be about 1300USD, not that bad as even the Calrion HXD2 retails for around about the same price.
But The HU alone cant run a Active setup for that You need the processor also. Is the Processor for the P99 same as the P99??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks