Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:33   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
hydra thanks for the suggestion if idq they will be 2,bcoz i think 1 idq will not go with my front stage as they get loud as they are getting around 275 wrms per side so the bass from 1 idq @500wrms will not blend with it
(i think) (don't want to run1 idq with 1114 wrms)...
Yep, I can imagine how the front stage must be In my case, the ID XS in front getting 65wRMS from the TRU (and the IDQ12 getting 200w RMS from the TRU) -- The front-stage does take a substantial piss on the sub-stage heh heh. And this is with much less power to play around with in my case. Though I don't have issues with the sub-stage blending with the front-stage, the sub does sound subdued (in comparison with the fronts) in many cases.

The CXS getting 275wRMS per side will definitely need some substantial balancing out from the sub-stage. With the amount of power you have on tap, I think a single IDMax would be the best option: it will get the power it deserves, it has all the good qualities of the IDQ and it is louder and it if matters, a single IDMax will be cheaper than two IDQ12 v3s.

Last edited by hydrashok : 23rd February 2009 at 14:36.
Old 23rd February 2009, 14:59   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Yep, I can imagine how the front stage must be In my case, the ID XS in front getting 65wRMS from the TRU (and the IDQ12 getting 200w RMS from the TRU) -- The front-stage does take a substantial piss on the sub-stage heh heh. And this is with much less power to play around with in my case. Though I don't have issues with the sub-stage blending with the front-stage, the sub does sound subdued (in comparison with the fronts) in many cases.

The CXS getting 275wRMS per side will definitely need some substantial balancing out from the sub-stage. With the amount of power you have on tap, I think a single IDMax would be the best option: it will get the power it deserves, it has all the good qualities of the IDQ and it is louder and it if matters, a single IDMax will be cheaper than two IDQ12 v3s.
i know hydra how good is tru s44/s500 but somehow did'nt worked for me but remember as you said the best amp under 50k mark at that point of time when dollar was 40 and pound was 85 hehehehe,i actually can tell you this tiny amp was one helluva piece get s500 and you'll come to know what these 2 amps are capable of.

the new idqv3 can perform both sq and spl and as always 2 over 1 is always good(in most cases),have heard max on my setup but will first listen to idq and then decide,money is not an issue there wont be much difference between the price of 2 idq and 1 max,but it should sound good worth the every penny spent on it.

Last edited by karankapoor : 23rd February 2009 at 15:08.
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:12   #93
BHPian

Quote:
lbm that Q was for abhinav so please let him ...

guys please don't strart this again,let me decide .

this is an open forum and jhe was ust posting his review of the product which he bought and used it ,if you can't handle the truth so keep eyes closed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
There!

LBM confirms that, in this page too!

LBM linked with ID?

he was never linked with ID at all ,he was just a buyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Anways what i feel one sub or two sub it depends on the listener what he wants.ID and GZ have their own charactistic's when it comes to sound
Abhinav might like more quantity of bass,Where as sam may like the quality of bass.So it depends on what you like.

NOOB QUESTION: may i get some light on the reply what is quantity and what is quality bass?

Quote:
lbm did i asked you how loud does the max go so please stop discusing about this if you want to compare products start a new thread.

bro nothing offence but a product should be a full featured one as per my liking it should go low , go high, gives punch ,kick etcc,if you are on a forum so be ready to get some pros and cons of a product,never expect a shiny bright light behind your product or is it someone forcing you to buy the product.

as per the set up great install and nice products you choosed ,i think it will suits your ears.

Last edited by smokin : 23rd February 2009 at 16:15.
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:14   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lol. oh boy oh boy!Hot controversial topic of this forum ID ID vs GZ GZ!

Anways what i feel one sub or two sub it depends on the listener what he wants.ID and GZ have their own charactistic's when it comes to sound
Abhinav might like more quantity of bass,Where as sam may like the quality of bass.So it depends on what you like.

So karan bhai just audition and decide (if you are interested)
You are well versed with the spec's and everything,Well connected on the forum as well.I dont it would be a tough decision for you to make.

@abhinav.2max's? in lbm's car? wasnt that ages ago? its been more than a year he has switch to the other brand.
Not in LBM's car. some other car. but cant disclose who.(personal reasons from owner)

And i guess you haven't still understood my listening needs. Its my mood which decides how much my gz boom. sQ, SpL, SQl, sPQl.
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:25   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IDQ for SQ. Love it.

Havent heard ID Max, thought you to be a SQ man. or SQL?

Sold.
Quote:
There!

LBM confirms that, in this page too!

LBM linked with ID?
Actually i was talking about LBM's new subs. GZ Hydrogen. Are they 12" or 15"

IDMax was 12" i know as IDMax never came in 15"
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:01   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Actually i was talking about LBM's new subs. GZ Hydrogen. Are they 12" or 15"

IDMax was 12" i know as IDMax never came in 15"
but will soon coming in 15"
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:51   #97
Senior - BHPian

Guys Stop, Karan is no NOOB in the ICE section, He knows what he is buying and what suits him best, He is Upgrading from TRU to Genesis AMPS, which is some very serious equipment, Most of you must have not seen or heard, but i have had auditions of different setups running on Genesis AMPS, and it is pure Musical heaven. Speakers/Subwoofers sound very differently when put on Genesis AMPS.

According to SAM his IDMAX was performing even better when put on the DMX Genesis AMP in karan's car as compared to his IDQ 1200.1 Monoblock in his GETZ.
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:02   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Guys Stop, Karan is no NOOB in the ICE section, He knows what he is buying and what suits him best, He is Upgrading from TRU to Genesis AMPS, which is some very serious equipment, Most of you must have not seen or heard, but i have had auditions of different setups running on Genesis AMPS, and it is pure Musical heaven. Speakers/Subwoofers sound very differently when put on Genesis AMPS.

According to SAM his IDMAX was performing even better when put on the DMX Genesis AMP in karan's car as compared to his IDQ 1200.1 Monoblock in his GETZ.
The thing is we are not forcing him to buy the Ground Zero. But the way he is talking (if not to me) is not a good gesture. If he is posting on a public forum , he should expect unwanted and unliked replies too. But the two following posts does not show respect or anything of any sort.

Quote:
lbm that Q was for abhinav so please let him ...

guys please don't strart this again,let me decide .
Quote:
lbm did i asked you how loud does the max go so please stop discusing about this if you want to compare products start a new thread.
I agree that the question was put forward to me, but is LBM not allowed to post his view point. If not, then I don't know where this thread is headed to.
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
this is an open forum and jhe was ust posting his review of the product which he bought and used it ,if you can't handle the truth so keep eyes closed .
The best answer till now.. no fuss! nothing!
Old 24th February 2009, 00:20   #100
BHPian

Quote:
He is just trying to help you.

Quote:
i second you on this its all listener wish what he wants.

sanyam does this mean using 2 sub is only for spl ?
No no,Sirji more number of subs need not be always loud or just for SPL.
Old 24th February 2009, 01:21   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very true. Thanks
Quote:

I agree. I have seen installs with 3 12 inch subs in IB, 6 sub in a iso-barik install both of them are pure SQ installs.

It all depends how you tune them and finally you play them.
Old 24th February 2009, 04:41   #102
BANNED

Ha ha ha! It's really funny how it goes when some specific brands come into discussion. And some posts here are living proof as to how low a person can drop to prove a false point.
Guys! Raise up and don't let this thread also go down the ego, marketing, brand war drain!

Karan, If you've set your mind on ID, then look nowhere else. No matter what has been thrown around, they're one of the best musical subs in the world of ICE right now. You'll not go wrong after choosing ID especially IDQ. And keeping in mind the quality levels of your current equipment, I cannot think of any other sub doing justice. Yes, I'm an ardent ID fan from the time I heard it first in my life.
I've always felt that IDQs perform better when put in a pair. 2 of them sounded and blended well with the music better than in a single sub setup. Ofcourse, even a single IDQ is capable of giving goosebumps to any music lover. 2 just takes him to a higher level of musical ecstasy.
Tuning, watts, car, amps, surroundings etc.. would've mattered and effected my ears, I'm sure. But my experience after hearing atleast 15 or more ID installs and about 6 IDQ installs makes me partial towards the twin sub setup.

Listen. Let your ears sink in. Linger deep into the music.
Your two ears and the thingy in between them are the best judges!

Enjoy!
Old 24th February 2009, 10:12   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
If he is posting on a public forum , he should expect unwanted and unliked replies too.
This is the internet. We do not often have the luxury of personal interactions. Becuase of this limitation we need to be more thoughtful in the words we choose. One can talk about the negative aspects of a product (almost any product will be a combination of a set of compromises) but we should do so in a constructive way.

Karan has chosen ID. It was his choice even if the products were marketed to him. We are all victims of marketing aren't we? If we were not Coke would not sell millions of cans of soda every year - after all it is just a caustic, caramel coloured, carbonated, concoction (aliteration intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Copy cat! :-)
Old 24th February 2009, 10:21   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
It was his choice even if the products were marketed to him. We are all victims of marketing aren't we? If we were not Coke would not sell millions of cans of soda every year - after all it is just a caustic, caramel coloured, carbonated, concoction (aliteration intended).
Very true Navin Ji. I fully agree. And for the real thing it comes only after experience if you have a open mind and ears to think which you have and that to lots of it.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 24th February 2009 at 10:23.
Old 24th February 2009, 10:48   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

ya i know that .

ya i know that but just wanted to clear myy doubt with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Ha ha ha! It's really funny how it goes when some specific brands come into discussion. And some posts here are living proof as to how low a person can drop to prove a false point.
Guys! Raise up and don't let this thread also go down the ego, marketing, brand war drain!

Karan, If you've set your mind on ID, then look nowhere else. No matter what has been thrown around, they're one of the best musical subs in the world of ICE right now. You'll not go wrong after choosing ID especially IDQ. And keeping in mind the quality levels of your current equipment, I cannot think of any other sub doing justice. Yes, I'm an ardent ID fan from the time I heard it first in my life.
I've always felt that IDQs perform better when put in a pair. 2 of them sounded and blended well with the music better than in a single sub setup. Ofcourse, even a single IDQ is capable of giving goosebumps to any music lover. 2 just takes him to a higher level of musical ecstasy.
Tuning, watts, car, amps, surroundings etc.. would've mattered and effected my ears, I'm sure. But my experience after hearing atleast 15 or more ID installs and about 6 IDQ installs makes me partial towards the twin sub setup.

Listen. Let your ears sink in. Linger deep into the music.

Enjoy!
thanks zak for the help i am seriously in luv with ID products,when ever ill buy a sub it has to be from ID and non other,and that to i had cleared in some of my preveious post

Most Viewed