Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 13:29   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Yes and I am running one nowdays.
That's cools man, Its better to use a changer rather using IPOD/USB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
Hey Karan:
Congrats on the IDMAX
Looking at your avatar, I think you will be getting some Danish stuff soon
Thnaks FB.
That Danish stuff is on my Hit list from the day one hope ill be a pride owner of them some day (like you are ).
Old 21st July 2009, 13:57   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
That's cools man, Its better to use a changer rather using IPOD/USB.
Anyday, Uncompressed/Originals cannot be compared to the MP3. But while In changer I have max 200-250 songs but in my Ipod I have 3500-4000. See the difference and convenience of moving with every type of software you need.

Changer is for serious listening and Ipod is for time pass. My concept of music it to enjoy it than cribbing. So for max efficiency I have high quality music as well as junta mall also.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:08   #228
naughty001

Quote:
That Danish stuff is on my Hit list from the day one hope ill be a pride owner of them some day
as a matter of interest, which Dynaudio's are you after ?

and whats the relative price of those in India for example of a system 242 and for the dynaudio esotar2 650's and 110's ?

Old 21st July 2009, 14:17   #229
Senior - BHPian

Actually i wanted to say its better to use a changer on p80 rather spending 12k on the 2 adapters as i have 2 pioneer 1280 lying in my store.

I totally agree with you lbm on this one should always enjoy music rather then thinking what to hear and what not to hear as they are MP3S you never know when you feel like listening to, Tum to thaire pardesi by Altaf raja
Old 21st July 2009, 15:08   #230
Senior - BHPian

Haha.
True. The CD Changer is a great thing to have especially when one has Original Audio CDs to his taste.

And very rightly said karan, LBM, one should not change listening taste due to the fact that one might not get the original CD for that.
I have some tracks which i listen to often but are not available in Original CDs in India or WAVs/FLACs over the internet.
Old 21st July 2009, 18:32   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post
and whats the relative price of those in India for example of a system 242 and for the dynaudio esotar2 650's and 110's ?
System 242 and if you are ready to gift me then the Esotars2and a Genny 2 channel as i have 2 with me , Approx 60k for 242, Not sure about the Esotars but should be around 1.5L+ in India for the set Tweets+mid bass.
Old 21st July 2009, 20:13   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughty001 View Post

The system 242 retails at 60100 INR ( 242 GT costs 57900) - This includes crossover cost.

The Esotar^2 650s and 110s cost 140000+
Old 21st July 2009, 23:47   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
you never know when you feel like listening to, Tum to thaire pardesi by Altaf raja
Bro I do not have such dangerous tastes. That department is of Panky12345

Major what I listen is to R&B, Rap, Not much a fan of hip-hop. Rest I listen to classics of 80`es. Having a small collection of 200+ orignal CDS which I keep changing in my changer from time to time. Ipod i generally update with Hindi film Music and the cds I have...
Old 22nd July 2009, 03:14   #234
naughty001

Quote:
System 242 and if you are ready to gift me then the Esotars2and a Genny 2 channel as i have 2 with me , Approx 60k for 242, Not sure about the Esotars but should be around 1.5L+ in India for the set Tweets+mid bass.
close to what the retail cost is here but it is slightly cheaper here. You might cry when you hear this but i actually sold my full system 242 second hand for around R3500 (roughly 22000 rupees) which actually more-or-less gifted it to the guy who purchased the set since i had only used it for two months (also i hadnt paid full retail)

and i sold it for that price because i was getting the system 362 at an unbelievable price (i know the distributors and he gave it to me at the wholesale dealer cost) but im probably going to return those for a credit on the esotars if i can sell my 6 channel amp.

wish we could get genny's here but we dont nor do we get Tru and to import those in costs a fortune

Old 22nd July 2009, 12:40   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That Danish stuff is on my Hit list from the day one hope ill be a pride owner of them some day (like you are ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Anyday, Uncompressed/Originals cannot be compared to the MP3. But while In changer I have max 200-250 songs but in my Ipod I have 3500-4000. See the difference and convenience of moving with every type of software you need.
KK/LBM,

I really love to get into discussions with you two. You guys are always pushing the envelope. Killer.

My views.

While I am a fan of the Danish school of loudspeaker design I think there is a lot that they do not do well. They focus too much on ruler flat frequency respoonse and in the process sometimes their products tend not to allows the music's 'edge/bite' to be heard/felt.

On that note Focal, PHL, Accuton, etc.. do a better job. Sometimes however these companies's products give the music too much 'edge/bite'.

The problem might well be becuase the the difference in Sound Engineering during the recording, mastering, and engineering processes. Many many years ago MIX magazine had a series of articles that covered the basics. Going by the prodcut that even todays engineers (which are in many ways better informed and tranied and even more sober that the studio technicians of old) produce I can only assume no one and made these articles part of their reading.

In short, I would like you guys to also consider products that do not come from Denmark, Norway or Sweden. There are many gems you will miss otherwise.

One option we used to have was to get Foopod on the old ipods (pre 5th gen) and use lossless but tagged songs. Newer ipods cannot be hacked so this is not an option today.

No way are we gonna even compare any compressed algorithim with the original CDA format. Lossless algorothims however can come close enough to offer good tagged (you cant tag CDA can you?) song lists (in a say .../Artist/Album/Song.xxx structure) option to carrying music. Unfortunately no HU offers control over any device that can play this music.

I have heard of cases where people have got CoWon, iRiver, Samsung, Zune and other non-ipod players loaded with lossless but they still need the ipod accessible for control. One option is to use a Griffin wireless ipod controller to perform this task and a ipod dock to access the line out instead of the headphone out that is oftne used with non-ipod devices. This is another area where you guys could push the envelope. Ipod vs Cowon+Griffin.
Old 22nd July 2009, 13:42   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
KK/LBM,
While I am a fan of the Danish school of loudspeaker design I think there is a lot that they do not do well. They focus too much on ruler flat frequency respoonse and in the process sometimes their products tend not to allows the music's 'edge/bite' to be heard/felt.

On that note Focal, PHL, Accuton, etc.. do a better job. Sometimes however these companies's products give the music too much 'edge/bite'.
Hmmm...based on my personal experience and referring specifically to 2-way front stage options, I'd say its been very hard to find a driver/component set that balances the following attributes (proviso: as per my personal taste):

1. Attack and articulation for voices and instruments along with dynamic impact, what you referred to as "edge" and "bite"
2. Tonal density/warmth - voices and instruments sound full and natural instead of either being "thin" or "clinical"

I've observed that warm, lush sounding drivers tend to give up a little on the articulation/attack front and vice-versa. I guess one has to just pick which side on the fence to sit on...

I'd say that the Dynaudio Esotec midbasses are the closest to my personal 'ideal' among the various options I have heard.
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:21   #237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
2-way front stage options,
I'd say that the Dynaudio Esotec midbasses are the closest to my personal 'ideal' among the various options I have heard.
Well put FB. Now if only we could convince all car manufacturers to first install the audio ssytem and build all the un-nesscary stuff like steering wheel, windshield, etc.. around the audio system!

Good 3 way systems reduce some of these problems. Atleast the bite due to cone break up can be more easily tackled.
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:49   #238
Senior - BHPian

Few pics of the install with almost everything in place
Attached Thumbnails
Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-1.jpg  

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-2.jpg  

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-4.jpg  

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-5.jpg  

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-6.jpg  

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-7.jpg  

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-8.jpg  

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-9.jpg  

Unfolding the sound of music !!! (my swift)-10.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2009, 18:07   #239
Senior - BHPian

The install looks pretty good.

Fuse Box and engine bay power cable pics
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:10   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Fuse Box and engine bay power cable pics
Thanks!!!

Oh i thought what ever we discussed has resolved the confusion/problem, Will post the pics tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks