Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:28   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Just how is $ 105 double the amount ?

@santosh... did not get the part about Amazon lowering the price to 170. It was 129, 139 right ?
Dude, just go through the posts in order and you'll get it.

I think Tanmay meant that he got it at DOUBLE of $105, 1+ year ago.

And when I mentioned the latest Amazon price of $170, it was with reference to the fact that Amazon had recently hiked the price to $217.
Old 23rd April 2009, 14:49   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I was just replying to the PM sent by FeelTheBass on the same issue. Please post answer if someone is able to decipher the working of the LIST feature.
Yes!! will someone??
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:01   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Did you try the trick that I had posted, to switch between US and European tuning modes?
Is this the trick you are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Would you mind checking whether European FM tuning mode works on this HU or not? Just press and hold RANDOM button and then press PRESET #1 to toggle between American and European tuning modes. Use even stations like Fever-104MHz, for testing.

I tried asking a couple of Clarion owners, but still waiting for response!
Has this worked for you?
Old 23rd April 2009, 18:55   #274
Senior - BHPian

@razor, yes that is what I meant.
Mine is yet to be installed, so no idea!
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:23   #275
BHPian

Quote:

Explore buddy explore. There are ways and means to get it from US right now as well. Just that you would need to pay slightly higher than the converted price. The solution has already been posted in this thread
I went through the Sonic website and it gives the following notes before the order is processed

Brokerage fees, duties and any other applicable taxes or import charges are the sole responsibility of the customer and are based on rates provided by your country and the shipping courier. We cannot control or quote you on these taxes, fees or charges. Please contact your local government for more details.

So even if i order what would be the shipping charge which will include customs and imports etc?

Had ordered 25 microsoft pulleys $3.25 each(however it was discounted since we ordered 25) which cost 330INR each in hand after all duties(2years back). We were not sure what Shipping(import duty) charges would it cost. But once the courier guy came he asked us to pay 1500INR as import duty.

Last edited by tush : 23rd April 2009 at 21:26.
Old 24th April 2009, 13:56   #276
BHPian

Got this quote from katmandude on TechEnclave :

Clarion DXZ785USB In-Dash CD Receivers with MP3 / WMA Playback In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

$139.99 + $17.66 (US Shipping to NY) + $0 (NY Tax) = $ 157.65
Shipping weight = 6lbs
Price = Rs. 11,800/-

Local shipping @ actuals

--------

Looks reasonable to me and am planning to go for it. What do you guys think? He is charging appox 4k as shipping + duties + his commission. Resonable?
Old 24th April 2009, 14:53   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Is this the trick you are talking about?

Has this worked for you?
There is no dedicated Random button on the HU. Its embedded in the menu options and AFAIK, will be revealed only when the source is selected as USB/AUX/CD. Is there a logic of having a Random function on FM? I think not!

And which Preset mode are you talking about? Please elaborate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
I went through the Sonic website and it gives the following notes before the order is processed

Brokerage fees, duties and any other applicable taxes or import charges are the sole responsibility of the customer and are based on rates provided by your country and the shipping courier. We cannot control or quote you on these taxes, fees or charges. Please contact your local government for more details.

So even if i order what would be the shipping charge which will include customs and imports etc?

Had ordered 25 microsoft pulleys $3.25 each(however it was discounted since we ordered 25) which cost 330INR each in hand after all duties(2years back). We were not sure what Shipping(import duty) charges would it cost. But once the courier guy came he asked us to pay 1500INR as import duty.
See the post below
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinurao View Post

Clarion DXZ785USB In-Dash CD Receivers with MP3 / WMA Playback In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

Shipping weight = 6lbs
Price = Rs. 11,800/-

Local shipping @ actuals

--------

Looks reasonable to me and am planning to go for it. What do you guys think? He is charging appox 4k as shipping + duties + his commission. Resonable?
Old 24th April 2009, 21:09   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no dedicated Random button on the HU. Its embedded in the menu options and AFAIK, will be revealed only when the source is selected as USB/AUX/CD. Is there a logic of having a Random function on FM? I think not!

And which Preset mode are you talking about? Please elaborate.
Hummm... we are not trying to use random function while listening to FM as such. It is a way to change tuning mode (permanently) such that it enables HU to tune into both odd and even channels, rather than only odd channels with default US setting. What I mentioned is an official trick from Clarion, see this link:
Clarion U.S.A. | Audio

But, it does not seem to be applicable to our HU because it has neither a random button nor preset buttons. I suppose by "preset #1" they meant Radio/Track preset buttons, usually found as a row of numbered buttons 1,2,3.... The remote does have random button, but not presets.

Well, I tried searching their site for other similar methods that may work for another set of models, and found this one:
For US tuning: press-n-hold BND (band) + RDM (random)
For Non-US tuning: press-n-hold BND (band) + RPT (repeat)
Both these buttons are there on the remote, if not on HU itself. Though I don't think it will work with remote, there should not be any harm in trying that out.

Another option could be to manually tune into desired even frequency, if possible(?)

Yet another option would be to ask their technical support, does anybody have their email-ID? (I couldn't find any)

If nothing works, then the last option is obviously to live with it, luckily most of the Indian FM stations have recently moved to odd frequencies. So you should not loose many! BTW, compatibility with US might have been the motive behind that move, does anybody know?
Old 25th April 2009, 13:25   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinurao View Post

Shipping weight = 6lbs
Price = Rs. 11,800/-

Local shipping @ actuals

--------
@ashwinurao did you order it?

Thanks nishantgandhi for showing the above post. Excitement to get one has weakend my eyesight
Old 25th April 2009, 13:48   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tush View Post
@ashwinurao did you order it?
Not yet, another Team-BHP member PMed me that he was quoted 10300 and 11800 in the span of two days by this guy. So, waiting to get confirmation on the exact price. Maybe he misquoted. And btw, we can Mass-Order and probably get a better deal. Anyone else here wan't to order now?
Old 26th April 2009, 15:53   #281
sidharthm

need some help..

Well friends.. here is a dxz885 unit in dire need..!!
It so happened that the Professional.. experienced guys in Blr screwed up the configuration.. ok id start from start..
I got the HU from US and JBL's GTO947(rear) , Components 608C(fronts) installed.
I was not exactly sure if the guys here ( they are one of the best in blr ) would do a justice to the install.. anyways they got the job done.. and prematurely, being a Novice myself i passed over kudos when i herd the crystal clear music.. coming from all across. Until today.. when I found some time to play with the receiver..hmm yep it was setup for a normal config..
I changed to 2 -way config with help from the manual..and alas and behold..AWESOME was the sound of music.. thts reinvented my expectation level.. ;-) Isnt it a Awesome HU.
welll i played a little more to find tht when i put the fader to all the way Rear 12 the music disappears.. and it regains when i get ot back to 0 or Front 12 .. not im a novice not a duffer .. so I can very well tell that the Cox-Comps wires are all connected to front 2 channels..and I lost the Installation CHART.. what a bugger...
Im dying to config the HU correct.. and taste the sound of Music.. can you please let me know how to configure it.. with the wires at the backend. Kindly advise.. please.

Old 26th April 2009, 18:15   #282
Senior - BHPian

You mean you didn't check basic controls like fader and balance after the install? Cheer up, this happens, don't fret! Quite likely someone forgot to connect the rear speaker wires. Highly unlikely that something is wrong with the HU.

Simplest would be to go back to the installer and point out the mistake to them. Don't worry, most of them do value customers and wouldn't ask you for money to correct the mistake.

If they don't entertain you for some reason, trace the green and purple (RL and RR speaker +) and their striped counterparts all the way to the speakers.
Old 26th April 2009, 19:23   #283
Senior - BHPian

Are you using any Amps?
If yes, reverse the RCAs from there.
Else the opening of the HU and correcting the RCAs from there will be required.
Not a big problem.
Old 26th April 2009, 22:07   #284
Senior - BHPian

Sidharth,
This HU has 3 pairs of pre-outs (Gray,Black,Purple), which are configured like this:

Normal mode- Gray => Front, Black => Rear, Purple => Sub
3-way mode- Gray => Front-HIGH, Black => Front-MID, Purple => Sub
2-way mode- Gray => Front-HIGH, Black => Front-MID, Purple => Rear

Since they had configured with normal mode, it seems Gray should be connected to fronts and Black to rear speakers and Purple should be unused (since you did not mention presence of a sub). When you switch to 2-way mode, and fader control set to extreme rear, you are passing all the signal to unused Purple RCAs, hence no sound!
I would suggest not to try 2-way and 3-way modes unless all cut-off frequencies are set properly. Especially lower cut-offs which can damage your speakers. It is better to switch back to normal unless you know what you are doing.
Old 27th April 2009, 11:34   #285
BHPian

Got mine!

Got my 785 yesterday and plonked it in! Huge difference in sound quality. The same songs now have new instruments playing

Did not have any problems with FM channels in my city. Could tune into all of them.

Still missing my sub and a proper tuning. Plan to do it some time this week. Here is the plan for the sub:

1. Buy a 12" bass tube for now and put that in. Later get a sealed box built and use the 12" from the tube in the box (not sure about this option)

2. Buy a JBL GT5-12 (difficult to source for me right now) and find someone to fabricate an enclosure.

3. Live without a sub until I make a trip to Mumbai!

Am going to refer some guides for amp gain tuning and do it myself (need to source a multimeter).

Tried the TA and even without a sub, it does make a difference. Fine tuning pending. Going to try and attach my 80GB USB hard disk on this today evening.

This HU is totally worth its salt!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks