Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2009, 04:49   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Also if you are limited by hardware throughput nothing on codec part can overcome if decoded data exceeds the limit.
Man, My question is How your Audio Terminology "DECODING LIMIT" refers to analog audio? I know about digital and I never asked anybody to go with digital output in car.

How its possible that the decoded data exceeds the limit? Whats the limit here?

And for your information MLP is necessary for DVD-Audio because of the throughput limit of DVDs. A 24/96 at 5.1 Audio needs 13.8Mbps in LPCM but DVDs throughput limit is 9.8Mbps. So MLP is accepted as a standard to overcome the limitation of DVDs. And there is no decoding limitation because any of the available 24/192 DAC can handle upto 25Mbps easily. But as you said it may affect the digitla out. But WHO THE HELL ASKED YOU TO USE DIGITAL OUT in a car? And where you will buy a DIGITAL Reciever/Amplifier in car which has a 24/192 DAC?

PLEASE DON'T JUMP OUT OF THE TOPIC AND AVOID DISCUSSING about HOME DTS RECEIVERS or EMBEDDED SYSTEMS. I ALREADY AGREED THAT ALL YOUR STATEMENTS ARE TRUE and Those who follow my statements are stupids as I AM AN IDIOT.

Quote:
Becuase sound card manufacturer is scaling down as per thier own spec
Fantastic, Can you prove this? Can you prove me that A 24/192 Khz capable sound card DOWNSAMPLE the TRUEHD/DTS-MA audio in its analog output? Please this is WHAT I AM ASKING YOU FOR YEARS!!!

Quote:
Who told you BMC is an algorithm ?
I am sorry, but I studied to encode a binary data you need an algorithm: Biphase mark code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
And the 2 192Khz Channel on SPDIF is possible with any manufacturer not just Asus.
But we need 24/96 at 5.1 man and can you prove me your statement is TRUE in any other sound card other than HDAV?

Quote:
The third option is via the S/PDIF (or TOSLINK) digital interface. However, because of concerns over unauthorized copying, DVD-A players are required to handle this digital interface in one of the following ways:
  • Turn such an interface off completely. This option is preferred by the music publishers.
  • Downconvert the audio to a 2-channel 16-bit/48 kHz PCM signal. The music publishers are not enthusiastic about this because it permits the production of a CD-quality copy, something they still expect to sell, besides DVD-A.
  • Downconvert the audio to 2 channels, but keeping the original sample size and bit rate if the producer sets a flag on the DVD-A disc telling the player to do so.
But why dont you stop posting in this thread or please answer this question first:

WHERE FROM YOU LEARNED "DTS-MA or TRUEHD scaled down (means downsample) in ANALOG OUTPUT"?

If you cant answer: POTHITTU PO!

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 7th June 2009 at 05:05.
ibm_jennifer is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th June 2009, 11:07   #227
Team-BHP Support

Thread closed to everyone has cooled of. You can google many things but there is a lot google cannot dig up - atleast I cant find it.
Old 8th June 2009, 11:03   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
I would have loved if you would have done little search before coming up with this idiotic blabber.

Dear poser and fake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
You don't know whats decoding and someone thought you that DIGITAL output is better than Analog output and youa re just catching the point. Do you believe, its TRUE?

Man, Again please dont push around. Who the hell asked you about VIDEO. If you dont know to answer me please keep quite.

What's Navin/Sam/Dealtre comments now?
This thread was closed not because the discussion got too technical but becuse members started bringing their egos to the table.

The text in bold in the above quoted posts are examples of poor attitude. TBHP does not tolerate such behaviour. Both of you (IBM and Amit) are welcome to post as long as the posts are not abusive and maintain TBHP's standards of decorum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
What's Navin/Sam/Dealtre comments now?
Like Sam said below, neither of us wanted to get involved in a debate where ill-manners and egos are involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
This highly technical debate would have been mildly enjoyable if there weren't any egos and ill-manners involved.

By the way I thought Urmila was lovely in Rangeela.
BTW Sam who/what is Rangeela and Unrimla?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks