Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2009, 11:34   #121

It's good you want to try this stuff out, and it's your money, but IMO you would not get the end results (SQ) you are trying to achieve...

1. ARC & RTA are only good on paper (theoretically), real life results are much dismal. This is surely one of the most debated topic amongst audiophiles. While the proponents swear by it, the rest don;t give it a candle!
SQ wise you would anytime get better results with good quality speakers. Equalizers and DSPs can only help within limits of the speakers, which IS usually the weakest link in any decent audio setup.

2. With due respect to Tata, a diesel Safari is the last vehicle you should think about installing a SQ system, unless your primary objective is to listen to it with your SUV turned off. Else there is too much noise and rattling issue.
Again MAY BE active noise cancelling can THEORETICALLY help, but practically even if it is possible it would be too complex and prohitively expensive, I would just write it off.

Anyway I would be watching this thread and it would be nice to be proven wrong
Old 29th May 2009, 14:24   #122
BHPian

Quote:
ARC & RTA are only good on paper (theoretically), real life results are much dismal. This is surely one of the most debated topic amongst audiophiles.
Leave about ARC. Do you know whats RTA and what it does? have you ever tried Alphine 605 - Do you know where from they get their algorithm?

Quote:
Equalizers and DSPs can only help within limits of the speakers
I agree with you and I am not using with any EQ or DSP for SQL.

Quote:
SQ wise you would anytime get better results with good quality speakers.
Its True. But can you show me a Car speaker which reproduce the frequencies perfectly in a car environment?

Quote:
Tata, a diesel Safari is the last vehicle you should think about installing a SQ system, unless your primary objective is to listen to it with your SUV turned off. Else there is too much noise and rattling issue.
Man, Do you have a Safari? See, I have a TCIC Safari and the money I have spent on my car is more than a Brand new DICOR. Don't discourage people unless you have listened or driven my car. I am not a fool to invest 3 lacks for a CarPC on a noisy or roaring mammal. I haven't hear any engine noise in my car and I don't let my car with a TATA design to cry with a low-pickup. I know What i am doing as I am living in a Film Studio and a car workshop.

Noise and rattling issue are trademarks of TATA and you need some brain and time to solve it yourself. if you don't have any of that, I advise you stay away from a Safari. And yes, my car used to stay in the workshop than with me and I am still fighting on my TCIC against this TATA trademarks for the last 4 years(!). Man, I am happy with my car and my setup. If you want to discourage me or make me stupid, you should first listen my car atleast.

Or if you tried to help me, Dont simply say ARC is wrong RTA is wrong. Provide me some proof atleast. The people who selling it for $$$$$ are not fool and I am not a fool to invest without trying the trial versions. And for your reference: ARC wont work well with the supplied Mic. You need to invest more than the cost of ARC to buy a professional Studio quality Omni dir True Condenser Microphone. I bought an AKG.

And in my world, a software is not a true RTA, if it wont support 1/24th octave resolution FR and 1/24th octave Phase Response with Magnitude & Coherenc and inbuilt professional mic and sound card calibration. Dont say RTA is bad by trying some $100 software.

And thanks for your advice, just take my reply fun.

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 29th May 2009 at 14:41.
Old 29th May 2009, 14:44   #123
BHPian

Quote:
@ibm_jennifer: Im also using 5.1 setup in my scorputer but the volume control in centrafuse is not working properly, i.e, when i reduce the volume in centrafuse, only the front channels reduce, rear speakers volume remain unchanged. Is there some configuration in centrafuse for colume control for 5.1?
Man, you are lucky then, I wont even get the volume control to work for my front channels. I hope its based on the sound card and someone in Team-bhp already got the 5.1 control working in centrafuse.
Old 29th May 2009, 15:35   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not a fool to invest 3 lacks for a CarPC on a noisy or roaring mammal.
Quote:
I know What i am doing as I am living in a Film Studio and a car workshop.
Quote:
you need some brain and time to solve it yourself if you don't have any of that, I advise you stay away from a Safari

Quote:
If you want to discourage me or make me stupid, you should first listen my car atleast.

Quote:
Or if you tried to help me, Dont simply say ARC is wrong RTA is wrong. Provide me some proof atleast.
typical ibm (in a good way!)

i appreciate your love for music and the enthusiasm of doing the best possible for your car. cheers man..

PS: a review on the new electras, if possible????
Old 29th May 2009, 16:37   #125
BHPian

absolutely brilliant!

i wonder about ne thing though: why did u mount one LCD in the dash? Couldnt you somehow integrate it into the dashboard or centre console?
Old 29th May 2009, 16:45   #126
BHPian

Quote:
why did u mount one LCD in the dash? Couldnt you somehow integrate it into the dashboard or centre console?
Yes, its one of a wrong things I did here, but the reason is I have to tranfer my Car PC when I will buy a new Safari. And its not bad now as in the picture as I have managed to bring it down with low profile VGA and Right Angle USB Adapter.
Old 29th May 2009, 19:15   #127

ibm, I do not own a Safari, but my cousin does, and that's why my opinion.

I definitely do not want to discourage you, as I said, I would be happy to be proven wrong. Keep going
Old 29th May 2009, 19:38   #128
BHPian

IMO the Safari is one of the best cars to ICE, the vast interior space gives you so much room to play with to get imaging right.
I also appreciate the work and research gone into your carputer project. I mean 2.5L is an enormous amount for ICE.

That being said, I do feel that the audio equipment is a big let down, and does not do justice to your high-end set up.

An analogy would be buying a high end Genesis, Steg, TRU or DLS amp and running entry level speakers. It just doesn't add up. I think a major upgrade in this department is the only thing which will redeem value to the amount of money spent...

Last edited by DocG : 29th May 2009 at 19:40.
Old 29th May 2009, 19:52   #129
BHPian

Quote:
An analogy would be buying a high end Genesis, Steg, TRU or DLS amp and running entry level speakers. It just doesn't add up. I think a major upgrade in this department is the only thing which will redeem value to the amount of money spent...
Again I am not agree with you here. The High End stuff you are mentioning here will produce perfect sound with MP3 Music. There is no big difference bw this High End and my poor JBL 607 if I am playing Lossless 24 bit 192KHz samples.

The secret is where the Distortion happens, it happens at your source, for me its at the destination.

But as per your point, If there is no distortion, then we will get a perfect SQL setup.

But its impossible now because there is no High End Speakers available to reproduce the input with a Flat FR Curve.

There is no Cross-over available here without introducing Group Delay,

There is no Amplification/EQ available here with out Phase delay.

But I agree that it will be better if I had those High End speakers. But its not my Aim and the reason is "How much Delay, Noise, Reflections and Distortions are AUDIBLE - by my ear, because its not a competition setup!".

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 29th May 2009 at 20:03.
Old 1st June 2009, 21:34   #130
BHPian

And here is the update:

Just ordered an External Slim Blu-Ray Player and a PS2 Eyetoy for side-view(?). Will update you with photos once received it in hand.

Don't ask me with an uncontrollable laugher as 'Will your Car PC Blu-Ray Ready?' - Yes as per: CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Support

Also don't ask me Why a Blu-Ray in a Car if you don't know what is DTS-MA and TrueHD.

Also don't buy a Blu-Ray for your car if you dont know to bypass HDCP/AACS/BD+/region code.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:08   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
... Also don't ask me Why a Blu-Ray in a Car if you don't know what is DTS-MA and TrueHD.
OK, we promise we will not ask.
But, how about explaining us anyhow?

Quote:
... Also don't buy a Blu-Ray for your car if you dont know to bypass HDCP/AACS/BD+/region code.
OK, we are not planning to buy.

Now that you have got us curious, how about telling us how to do that?

God bless you!
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:13   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

OK, we are not planning to buy.

Now that you have got us curious, how about telling us how to do that?

God bless you!

ROFL!!
Yes, ibm. You will be one of the first few people in the world to have a blu ray player in your car, but you are not willing to explain? Naughty boy
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:21   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also don't ask me Why a Blu-Ray in a Car if you don't know what is DTS-MA and TrueHD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Do you know what is DTS-MA & True HD ?
If not, you cannot ask, remember ?

ibm, please be merciful to us baba.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:22   #134
BHPian

NO Friends, I know if I started to tell something from my stupid brain, you people will tease/rag me with a .

But as for as I know its possible to run Blue-Ray and break the stupid DRMs in the car as long you stay in Analog world with Sound and Video. But you cant enjoy 1080p (And we cant), but we can down sample upto 720p (1280*720 rescaled to 1024*720). Regarding Sound, yes its possible upto 192Khz TrueHD/DTS-MA as long as we deliver the sound in Analog format from PC.

I have already invested for the Blu-Ray and first let me prove myself whether its possible to brake DRM. But not a problem, If I failed, It will be in another Blu-Ray in my home.

Quote:
Do you know what is DTS-MA & True HD ? If not, you cannot ask,
I am sorry, actually I tried or have to post: If you didn't hear True-HD or DTS-MA, don't ask me 'Why Blu-Ray in Car'?

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 2nd June 2009 at 14:30.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:24   #135
Senior - BHPian

on a more serious note? Why not a playstation 3? it has true hd and dts ma and all the other jargon (which you didnt allow us to ask about)..
why not a ps3?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks