Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 14:02   #16
BANNED

Punto Emotion OEM stereo - auxiliary input configuration

Attached images shows the connection points for left, right, & ground pins for Aux-in. You can get it done in any shop. It was very unfortunate that Fiat Service Center was not able to do this. The effect from the aux-in is much better than what you hear from the CD.

However, I still need to understand this: In one of the menu options, we get "External volume" and if the volume increase/ decrease stays only for few seconds (as long as the menu exists). Once disappeared, volume will be reset to the earlier level. Not sure if I can set separate volume to the external device (Aux-in)
Attached Thumbnails
Ipod with Punto Emotion Stereo?-001.jpg  

Ipod with Punto Emotion Stereo?-002.jpg  

Old 7th May 2010, 10:28   #17
BHPian

that 'external volume' is for the blue and me. You can adjust it while playing something and you will hear the sound volume change.

When you exit the menu, it will remember the set volume for external sources and will revert to original volume for internal sources (radio/cd)
jalsa777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2010, 18:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSK123 View Post
Attached images shows the connection points for left, right, & ground pins for Aux-in. You can get it done in any shop. It was very unfortunate that Fiat Service Center was not able to do this. The effect from the aux-in is much better than what you hear from the CD.

Request you to please send me images of the cable that you have used.
I am not able to understand how the cable will connect to the three points that you have mentioned.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:27   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
Request you to please send me images of the cable that you have used.
I am not able to understand how the cable will connect to the three points that you have mentioned.
When you take a 3.5mm stereo jack, you will have 3 cables. (1) for right speaker (2) Left speaker (3) Ground. Just go to any shop and ask for 3.5 mm stereo jack. rest you will know.

When you connect that to your phone like Nokia E51 (2.5 mm jack), E72 (3.5 mm jack), you can still use the phone's microphone while sound will come from the car stereo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
that 'external volume' is for the blue and me. You can adjust it while playing something and you will hear the sound volume change.

When you exit the menu, it will remember the set volume for external sources and will revert to original volume for internal sources (radio/cd)
It means that this stereo is capable of Blue & Me. Only thing is to get that accessory and fit it. That would be amazing. But since the stereo doesn't have the buttons to take the call, do we need to change the steering?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th October 2010 at 07:03.
Old 17th May 2010, 21:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoops View Post
ive got another problem with the i20. its got a USB port that is (supposed to be, atleast) ipod ready. now for the strange bit. once you hook the ipod the stereo plays random tracks from the ipod, the track name display is also strange. you cant access playlists, artists etc. and iam not too sure it plays the mp4 tracks only the mp3s that are loaded on the ipod!! so i use the AUX output to play my ipod.
any body know how to deal with this??
Im also facing the same issue connecting my ipod classic to my HU (kenwood kdc U 346)

Quote:
Originally Posted by king_julian View Post
BTW, about the iPod folders, I guess this is what I wanted to say - if you connect the iPod to the HU as a hard drive and still want to access your music in a meaningful form, e.g. by album, then you will need to copy all the songs to the iPod again - this time arranging them in appropriate folders. Then you can navigate the folders and play the songs in them one after another. True?
Im not able to get this idea of connecting the ipod as a hard drive, how do i do that, bcoz the moment i connect the ipod it starts playing the song .
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Just go to itunes, and disable disk use. Pls update on how this works out, as i will be going in for an i20 soon, and ipod function is essential for me.
Did this work for any us .

Please let me know, if there is any jugaad for this ipod issue .
I would love to have access to the complete collection of song rather then a few of them in a pen drive .

Cheers
Old 17th May 2010, 22:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Also when i try to play the next track, it starts the same song once over again.
I have checked the random playing setting, but still no go.
Old 5th June 2010, 23:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Also when i try to play the next track, it starts the same song once over again.
I have checked the random playing setting, but still no go.
Did you try to connect your IPod to the HU thru Aux input instead of USB? Give it a try if not already done. Do update the result here.
Old 30th September 2010, 17:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Not sure if *all*, but *most* Blau HUs - OE as well as after-market - have Aux-in available on the main connector at the same pin position. That's standardization for you. The Punto and Linea OE HUs are unlikely to be exceptions. Check with a Blau dealer if they have the 500 bucks Aux-in cable (has a blue connector at one end and a 3.5mm jack at the other). They can access the rear of your HU and check if the cable works in the standard position in the HU.
In this case, will there be a cable which would support addition of a USB cable to the stereo of EMOTION as the HU's are the same for EMOTION and EMOTION PACK versions?

Can we get the pin diagram or description of the pins behind the OE stereo?

PS: I say this as the Blue and Me module is a separate entity and can be found near the glovebox. This unit is removed to remove the Pollen filter.
Old 1st October 2010, 00:22   #24
BHPian

Pinout Diagram for Blaupunkt Stereos

I came across this pinout diagram for Balupunkt stereo in Punto.

Can we pull the Pre-Outs from the pins mentioned here, C 1-5, and power the Amp from +12 V
Ipod with Punto Emotion Stereo?-pinout-diag.png

My question is since there is only 1 GND, how do I get 4 RCA outs?

Last edited by eagle_bush : 1st October 2010 at 00:27.
Old 1st October 2010, 14:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the pins for Pre-out are C1-5 (Aux-in is on C18/19/20 and D1/2, if you want to take it out). You should be able to get the specific cable bringing the Pre-out to RCA sockets from a Blau distributor (not dealer). If they don't have it, you can get it on the 'net. The ground is taken care of in this cable.

The amp you have to power with a cable straight from the battery. To make sure the amp switches off when you switch the car (or HU) off, you need to connect pin C10 (I think) to the amp's remote control input.

Last edited by DerAlte : 1st October 2010 at 14:29.
Old 1st October 2010, 14:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well, one thing i can say for sure is that an iPod definitely works with the Emotion Pk stereo.......it plays all the songs in shuffle mode by default..........

But you can access all the songs,artists,playlists, albums etc............though strangely only through the steering controls........and the display is shown only on the MFD....rather than on the stereo display

And yes, I have not used stored music manually on the ipod as on a hard disk......and hard disk use is enabled on the iPod
Old 4th October 2010, 13:47   #27
BHPian

Blaupunkt PnP Amp

I want to replace all 4 speakers to components and power them using a 4 channel amp. Following are my options.

1. I have got a quote of 11100/- for Blaupunkt THA 475 PnP amp without wiring harnesses. two sets of components JBL and the likes.
2. LOC from Scoche + Auditor RIP 4280 4 channel (around 7500 for both)

I love the bass to be tight and treble crisp. Will powered components at the rear suffice my need of a tighter bass and occasional 'show-off'?

I have another option in mind, a 4 channel amp powering the front components and a sub in bridged mode, rear co-axials driven by the HU.

Need assistance in choosing the setup. Budget would hover around 17-20k.
Old 10th October 2010, 01:44   #28
BHPian

Problem with USB In punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
I want to replace all 4 speakers to components and power them using a 4 channel amp. Following are my options.

1. I have got a quote of 11100/- for Blaupunkt THA 475 PnP amp without wiring harnesses. two sets of components JBL and the likes.
2. LOC from Scoche + Auditor RIP 4280 4 channel (around 7500 for both)

I love the bass to be tight and treble crisp. Will powered components at the rear suffice my need of a tighter bass and occasional 'show-off'?

I have another option in mind, a 4 channel amp powering the front components and a sub in bridged mode, rear co-axials driven by the HU.

Need assistance in choosing the setup. Budget would hover around 17-20k.
I feel just buying a good front components like infinity or focal for front with a decent amp as you mentioned will suffice all your needs, run your rear comps off HU, you dont really need coaxials, driving those from HU will be a waste.

I am facing a unique problem with my Punto. I am not able to play some tracks off USB, dont know why. They are one of my 320KBPS tracks that i play.. Any idea anyone?
Old 15th February 2011, 15:11   #29

Re: Ipod with Punto Emotion Stereo?

@Der Alte (or any GURU) - Do you know how the usb is routed in the emotion pack ? What pins are used as input (with O/P for Usb) ?
Old 15th February 2011, 21:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ipod with Punto Emotion Stereo?

It is not, not in the Blau unit in the Indian Punto.

You would either need a Blue&Me unit, or hunt around on the net for an external unit that works off the CD Changer interface.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks