Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 15:31   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ipod with Punto Emotion Stereo?

Wanted to check with the experts on this - I read on another forum that Fiat has disabled the functionality which allows buyers to add a 3.5 mm aux-in in their recently manufactured cars. Hence people are able to add the wire but are not able to go to a AUX section from the HU. Is this true ? If so, is there a work around ?
Old 9th March 2011, 18:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Strange! Why would Fiat do that and risk consumer dissatisfaction?
Old 10th March 2011, 15:00   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

I too find it very strange. Someone checked with Pandit Auto, Pune about this and they said "FIAT has disabled this functionality in new Emotion models as people are doing it on their own violating warranty etc."

If this is true, then owners will either have to shell out money for a new HU or keep the same thing and resign themselves to living with CDs ..... Fiat Fiat Fiat !
Old 11th March 2011, 20:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Unh-hunh, I find that statement hard to believe. This has nothing to do with violating warranty. Nor is there anything to disable. Quite likely it is a different HU altogether, where they forgot / chose not to put in the Aux-in functionality.
Old 1st April 2011, 00:06   #35
BHPian

Hi Gurus,

I am in a plan to sell my safari and buy a new punto 90 hp emotion that comes with blue and me.
My questions:

1. Will I be able to connect a JBL 4 channel amp to power all the four channels. I have been using Hertz component and would probably have the same or JL audio installed on punto.
2. Speaker dimesion for punto ( front and rear) i know that safari only takes a 5.25" in the stock location.
3. is there a sub preout in the stock stereo.

Thanks !!

Last edited by vijay_n81 : 1st April 2011 at 00:19. Reason: typo
Old 1st April 2011, 11:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hello Experts,

I have a Punto EP which i got 2 months ago. I wanted to understand how does the AUX connectivity work in the OEM panel provided. The USB works fine. But the limitation to control music only through the steering mounted controls is quite annoying. SO having AUX would be a boon.

Awaiting feedback.
Old 2nd May 2011, 13:00   #37
BHPian

has anybody been able to add USB / AUX /3.5 mm audio jack to punto emotion pls . i am stuck with burning CD's due to this .
Old 7th June 2011, 16:33   #38
BHPian

I have been looking for this information on the internet and other Punto Owners sites..

To my knowledge over internet, it is possible to get the AUX cable done for Punto's earlier to 2010 models which had a Blaupunkt system. The systme supports but the cable was not provided by fiat..from the write ups it looks very easy.

But later 2011 the Blaupunkt system has been replaced by a Delphi one, in which this option is not possible. I have also been looking for such an option which can be enabled with New Punto (Emotion).

Here is post a link to Team fiat discussion thread. This should be very useful for some of you owning a Punto.

<http://www.****************/forum/showthread.php?69-Adding-Bluetooth-USB-AUX-functionality-to-Punto-Emotion>
Old 7th June 2011, 16:34   #39
BHPian

Dear Moderator, how do i post a link ? I see the the link has been modified.
Old 7th June 2011, 18:14   #40
BHPian

Sorry for the link in the above page. refer www.****************
Old 7th June 2011, 18:15   #41
BHPian

Please replace stars by "****************"
Old 8th June 2011, 11:00   #42
Team-BHP Support

Sad, which forum/website are you linking to?
Old 8th June 2011, 13:30   #43
Senior - BHPian

Teamfiat at co dot India and search for adding bluetooth/Aux functionality --- Never seen a automotive forum like that which hides it's own link to be shared by other automotive enthusiasts.

@DerAlte- New Delphi units have the required pin out in the rear for the AUX but the AUX is software disabled in the new HU.

@Vijay- There are no RCA outs on the HU but you can get a RCA converter which will be attached to the existing 4x speaker wires.

@Harsh- I dont think even if you attach a AUX cable to the HU will get you desired results. Probably AUX would have been disabled in your HU too just like the rest of HU's in GPE. If the HU on your GPEP is Delphi then probably you can not do it.

@Sushil- If your HU is non Blaupunkt then you can not get an AUX working as of now.

Few issues, thoughts and possibilities we all GPE owners share together about HU

Most of us want an AUX

1. No one(exception are there-outside India) till now has succeeded in getting it working on non B HU's.

2. If you go for a new HU then there is no signal wire(yellow wire) from ignition to switch off the HU when Key is out(it will stay on 24/7 until you switch it off manually every time), so have to wire it with the cigarette lighter. Main supply is there but no supply for signalling HU's to turn off when ignition is off.

3. Non friendly Antenna socket wont match to rest of the HU's.

4. If you go in for Parrot bluetooth then it does not mutes the HU and cd does not pause but it bypasses the audio out from the HU so you don't hear any music while you are taking a call. Unable to make the HU mute automatically with incoming call.

5. Left with only option of FM transmitter which does not complements the not so good radio sound anyways.

6. Is the OEM HU worth keeping? If you are a audiophile then probably you will smack the HU with a sledge hammer and worse then the HU are the speakers. In this day and age, HU provides 30w X 4. The last I saw HU's pushing out 30W was more then a decade ago. Otherwise the sound is just ok and one can easily live with but at times you get one track which you just love and the speakers will give up on you at that right moment.

7. Can add an amp and upgrade the speakers but again we don't get Ipod/Iphone Bt streaming or AUX.

8. There is one way of actually activating the AUX through HU but works only in Europe and probably with Grundig HU's as we do not get ** on our FM. Will try again just to confirm it.

9. May be if we could swap a BT HU from a older model GPE of a person who is not much bothered about AUX. Most likely a pensioner who might trade in for some extra cash wont hurt me. What I am not sure is if the HU and code of another car will work into another.

10. Other way is to activate through service software(yes it can be done) but I am not sure of the Examiner tool reader at the T.A.S.S is capable of or has that particular function to do that.

Anyways I will be trying all the three possibilities and if by any chance I get lucky then certainly I will share it with you all.

Last edited by Randhawa : 8th June 2011 at 13:35.
Old 9th June 2011, 20:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
... New Delphi units have the required pin out in the rear for the AUX but the AUX is software disabled in the new HU. ...
I don't disbelieve what you say, but I find it unbelievable that a product company will provide the hardware for a function and disable it in software!!!

For whatever reason that was done, if it was done that way, would be putting the cart before the horse - incur the cost and not allow customers to benefit! I don't see any issue to do with liability or warranty - just doesn't make any sense. Hope it was not Fiat's decision to save the cost of 0.5m of shielded wire and 2 connectors - that would be 'penny-wise and pound-foolish', no?

I still feel that there must be a way that one can use the AUX in that HU, just that the instructions are not mentioned, and no one at Delphi or Fiat cared to correct that. Hope someone from Delphi or Fiat is reading this.
Old 9th June 2011, 22:20   #45
Senior - BHPian

Dont know what's going on with Fiat but found out today the seat belt warning light on display is just a timed light and seat belt catch is just a normal one without any switch. Thats really stingy of them to do that. Even the VIsta has a warning buzzer for seat belt warning.

Yes what you say about the Aux is possible, just need to find the way to do it. May be Fiat will let us on there little secret and makes us happy .

Most Viewed