Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 11:36   #46

Re: Ipod with Punto Emotion Stereo?

All,
It is true that the system has the Aux feature disabled,rather the HU have been changed from the older Blaupunkt make to a Bosch make.This has been done post Sept 2010 models for GP Emotion variants. I have gone through this thread and would like to make some clarification (out of personal experience )

Clarification 1 - The older (pre Sept 2010) variants were provided with a blaupunkt HU and the post Sept 2010 are now fitted with Bosch HUs. The difference between the two was that in the older system when you hit the CD button twice you would see the the mode switch to Aux, this took care of the software portion, all that was required after was an external 3.5mm Aux cable and you were ready to go.
The newer Bosch systems now don't swap the mode on pressing the CD button twice, I have seen posts (and in my own GP Emotion) where I swap to a "No Source Available" mode and/or in some the screen goes blank.
BTW I was told when I first went to Pandit that they have installed an E+ HU in my car by mistake and it will be replaced, this version went on for 3months and they kept saying they are yet to receive the appropriate HU, then suddenly their version, approach, attitude everything changed.

Clarification 2 - There maybe a way to crack the system provided there is an option available to enable the aux feature in the system. Even if you connect the cable it won't work (tried and tested).

Clarification 3 - If you check the brochure (if I can recollect to when I bought my car) there are 6 features in the E+ that are not available on the E variant - one of them being usb, blue & me. It's just that we had some helpful geniuses who managed to crack workaround and share it with everyone. While those individuals had no negative intentions, I believe the company made note and switched the systems.

Clarification 4 - Something I do wish to try (if I get my hands on the older Blau systems) is to swap, it is possible (not tried by me) all it requires is the security code (4 digit number provided with the car). If I do manage to try and get a result, I will keep the thread updated.

All of the above are lessons learnt with my 6 month combat with T.A.S.S & Fiat.

My Thread for reference on this issue is
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ded-punto.html

Hope it helps...
Old 8th July 2011, 00:28   #47
Senior - BHPian

Some good news

Out of three options I listed previously, I tried one and it works as it should.

While shopping around for a amp/sub, I came across a BT HU of older version Punto at a audio store. As the owner had this stereo in exchange for over a year lying around with no use. I asked him if I could try it and to my surprise he agreed.

He had the code for the stereo and after fitting the BT HU, pressed in the code. "Voila" it turned on and that very moment I pressed in CD twice to be delighted by the AUX on the display. Although my happiness was short lived as this geezer wanted 5k for it. As he wasn't aware of the AUX function in BT HU so probably due to the reason he could not sell it and now got greedy after my experiment. I offered him to pay 500 bucks in exchange of my stereo but he refused. So I left him dreaming to sell his HU at fancy price.

In short if you can source a BT HU with the code then go for it with eyes closed as this is the only option till now to get AUX without changing the HU.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:01   #48

[quote = He had the code for the stereo and after fitting the BT HU, pressed in the code. "Voila" it turned on and that very moment I pressed in CD twice to be delighted by the AUX on the display. In short if you can source a BT HU with the code then go for it with eyes closed as this is the only option till now to get AUX without changing the HU.[/quote]

Hi Randhawa,
I have managed to source an older variant of HU, Do you recollect if the system prompted for a code ? Or you just enter the code the moment the system is connected ?

I plan to visit the Blau authorized dealer in Pune to get it switched.

Let me know

Cheers,
Hrish21
Old 29th July 2011, 12:10   #49

Hi Randhawa,
Do you recollect if it prompted for the code ? or Do you have to just input the code once connected ?

Additionally, Do you also recollect if there was any other configuration required ?

I have sourced an older HU for my punto and will be visiting the authorized Blau dealer in Pune this evening.

Appreciate your response.
Old 29th July 2011, 13:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrish21 View Post
Hi Randhawa,
Do you recollect if it prompted for the code ? or Do you have to just input the code once connected ?

Additionally, Do you also recollect if there was any other configuration required ?

I have sourced an older HU for my punto and will be visiting the authorized Blau dealer in Pune this evening.

Appreciate your response.
I hope you have the code for the HU you sourced and its a BT HU written on the front panel.

Why bother going to a dealer when you can install it yourself hey! If you don't have the HU removal thingy then just use a aluminium hanger and cut it in half to insert it into the holes on booth the sides in front of the HU. Push the inserts a bit sidewards and just pull. Once the HU comes out a inch then just pull it out with your hands.

It's dead straight forward job. You pull the HU out, disconnect the HU and replace it with the BT HU then connect the wiring.

Once you switch it on then it will ask you for 4 digit code, press the code(code for the BT one and not your older HU code) in and thats all to it. It will not ask you for anything else except the obvious things you would need to set, fader/balance/base and stuff.

Last edited by Randhawa : 29th July 2011 at 13:21.
Old 29th July 2011, 14:43   #51

Thanks Randhawa.

Your response and your confidence keeps me positive, in addition if the above switch works, I will have to go to the dealer anyway to get the Aux Cable fitted. Hence, might as well go there to get it done.

Will keep you and this thread updated !

Cheers,
Old 29th July 2011, 22:40   #52
Senior - BHPian

HHmm no update yet, I guess you are enjoying the AUX..
Old 1st August 2011, 08:58   #53
BHPian

Here is how I play my IPOD on my Linea Emotion (not Emotion-PK). My car is May-2010. Got it done at Ecko Electronic (Blaupunkt auth service center ) on Law College Road, Pune. The job was pretty neatly done.
Attached Thumbnails
Ipod with Punto Emotion Stereo?-img2011072900059.jpg  

Ipod with Punto Emotion Stereo?-img2011072900060.jpg  

Ipod with Punto Emotion Stereo?-img2011072900062.jpg  

Ipod with Punto Emotion Stereo?-img2011072900063.jpg  

Old 1st August 2011, 19:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Small Update

Seems like not all the BT HU's have AUX working. As I am looking for a BT HU from a older model. Went to the workshop today to make sure all the BT HU's have working AUX but seems like it is not the case. Tried two BT HU's and only one had working AUX. Checked their VIN no and the one which had working AUX was manufactured in October 2010 and another BT HU with no AUX was December 2010 manufactured.

If anyone does get a BT HU then do check it has AUX working before you go for a swap.

@Hrish -Update??
Old 2nd August 2011, 23:35   #55
Senior - BHPian

EDIT-

The dates mentioned above are (working BT HU with AUX )September 2009 and (BT HU with no AUX) December 2009.

Seems like the later Blaupaunkt HU some time after September 2009 had AUX disabled too.

If someone has a working AUX on BT HU after september 2009 then please us know. It will help people like me who are trying to source a BT HU from a car manufactured prior to the last known date of AUX working on a BT HU.
Old 3rd August 2011, 10:14   #56

Apologies Randhawa and all - I was travelling and didn't get a chance to complete the swap + add the aux cable. Hence could not update the thread.

Good News ! (err..some bad and some sad news as well)

The bad news is that all those of you who have the non-blaupunkt HU, will need to either change the HU in order to enable the AUX functionality OR track an older HU (pre Sept 2010) and switch it with the existing one.

The sad news is that Fiat made a decission to install the Delphi / Bosch HU in place of the older Blau HU. The older Blau HU not only has the AUX option, but is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better system in itself when compared to the newer ones. You realise the difference the moment the you switch the systems.

Finally, the Good News is that if you can manage to trace the older Blau HU, get a hold of it and swap it - IT WORKS !!

The swap is as easy as taking a plug out from a wall socket and putting it back again ( I have pictures as well, but forgot to get them downloaded and hence will upload them in a days time). I got the Aux cable installed and made the swap at the Blau Dealer (Ecko Electronics) in Pune (Owner - Mr Suhas Pathak), he and his team did the job in 10minutes flat. One VERY important requirement is the security code, without which the SYSTEM WILL NOT WORK, the moment to connect the cables at the back the first thing you see is "Code", until you enter the right code, the system won't switch on.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Now to find the right components and co-axial for the door speakers

Cheers,
Hrish21

Hi Randhawa - Apologies for the delay, I have just replied and I guess the post is awaiting mods approval. Quickly - the swap worked and Aux worked too ! Await the more detailed update.

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd August 2011 at 12:11. Reason: Back to back post, please use EDIT once the posts are approved. Thank
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Swap is just plug and play hence I told you it was as easy as it can get.
Old 3rd August 2011, 17:42   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrish21 View Post

One VERY important requirement is the security code, without which the SYSTEM WILL NOT WORK, the moment to connect the cables at the back the first thing you see is "Code", until you enter the right code, the system won't switch on.
Pardon my limited knowledge, from where did you get this security code?
Old 3rd August 2011, 19:27   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Pardon my limited knowledge, from where did you get this security code?
Every new owner of Fiat product who gets a factory fitted stereo is supplied with a security code written on a card. This code is valid for that stereo only and you can swap that stereo onto any linea or punto, press in the code to make it work. Code is stored in the stereo and it's unique to every stereo. Just like a ATM card with it's own password. Although if you have a fiat stereo without a code then you can still get it online. People provide services online to decode the code from the serial no on the stereo.
Old 6th August 2011, 01:54   #60
Senior - BHPian

I pressed my CD button twice and I saw AUX. And I have an Ipod Nano.
So what next?
Anyone has put a pictorial step by step guide for this DIY??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks