Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2005, 15:20   #1276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Sam ji... Just got off the phone with Sridhar's sales exec [Sajith].. Hes telling me that the 50.4 is to stop now and a 60.4 amp is going to be entering the JBL 2005 line-up from Monday... Wuuuuddd this be correct info??

Now i'd have to wait till monday :( Sridhar does not have stock of 50.4 nemore.... Baaahhh.. talk about killing someones excitement...
Ajay, that is complete misinformation. I just called the bangalore office, they will be contacting Sridhar to check on his stocks of 50.4. There is no 60.4 there is a 50.4 and a 75.4 and nothing in between.
Old 8th September 2005, 15:20   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Ajay: heres a nice head unit for you

http://www.caraudiodiscount.com/acat...ecker_mp3.html
Geee, Sam.. are you gifting me one.... can I choose
Old 8th September 2005, 15:21   #1278
Team-BHP Support

jk, 4" in the front and 6x9 in the back. the poor 4" wont be heard.

better go for 4" all around - i think the santro rear speaker pod can accomodate 4" and a sub. get a 4 channel amp with high pass crossover and set that to 120-150hz and get a 2/1 channel amp with a low pas crossover. use the 2 channel amp for the sub.

since you got Hu and 4 channel amp you need 4 4" speakers (coax, components depends on your budget), a 2 channel amp that has a low pass filter and can be birdged and a sub.

i dont like cutting cars up to accomodate larger speakers as most such jobs are badly done.
Old 8th September 2005, 15:28   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay, that is complete misinformation. I just called the bangalore office, they will be contacting Sridhar to check on his stocks of 50.4. There is no 60.4 there is a 50.4 and a 75.4 and nothing in between.
Maybe he was joking... Sridhar said he'd call me back and lemme know... ... and your too quick sam... LOL
Old 8th September 2005, 15:30   #1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
For 5k you can go with a Sony mono block 502Z for 2.5k and a Sony sub model 122 for 2.5k.
Thanks Aseem, I will check for the Sony components you mentioned, do I need any special fittings done for these.
Old 8th September 2005, 16:27   #1281
BHPian

Issue with Sony 5510 HU

Guys,

Past few days, I've been getting a problem with my Sony 5510 HU. Whenever I flip down the face plate and push the Eject button, nothing happens. I'm expecting the CD to come out, but it just sits there beeping at me. Then, when I have depressed the button about 7-8 times, the CD pops out.

Has anyone seen this issue? Is it documented? Should I call the National Guard since apparently they are not too busy attending to Katrina?
Old 8th September 2005, 16:46   #1282
Distinguished - BHPian

lol. It's a problem that's been encountered before. It's either a worn out gear, or moisture's attacked the silicon grease on the mechanism. Is it under warranty?
Old 8th September 2005, 16:52   #1283
BHPian

Blaupunkt Bermuda

Hey Guys

Had decided for the foll setup for my OHC, courtesy Sam, Navin n co. My budget was around 15k, slightly stretchable though.

Sony 5510 HU.
JBL 936 - Rear
JBL Compos - Front.

Did not get time to install it all this while, but that was good thing I guess . Off late I have heard/read quite some issues with the Sony HU (esp 5500), but not sure whether the same is prevalent in 5510.

Spoke to the JBL chap (shabir - FYI Sam) and he suggested the Blaupunkt Bermuda anytime over the Sony.

Its available in the range of 8-9k, hence pushing my budget.

What do you guys suggest about the HU?

Is it worth that extra moolah? Hows the performance? I mainly listen to Classic and Hard Rock.

Pioneer is another choice in that range, but I would refrain from it due to the lack of B&W, esp the W part

Experts... please pour in.

Thanks.
Old 8th September 2005, 16:57   #1284
Distinguished - BHPian

Funny but on another thread we were just discussing Blaupunkt a few minutes ago. Blaupunkt is good, doesnt sell as much as Sony does, but MICO has a good after sales service. The sony makes a lot of VFM but the previous posts are showing a problem. Maybe the Blaupunkt is a better choice, I couldnt say for sure.
If you've already touched 9k, how about a little more and put in an Alpine? Or is this as far as you can go?
Old 8th September 2005, 17:11   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Funny but on another thread we were just discussing Blaupunkt a few minutes ago. Blaupunkt is good, doesnt sell as much as Sony does, but MICO has a good after sales service. The sony makes a lot of VFM but the previous posts are showing a problem. Maybe the Blaupunkt is a better choice, I couldnt say for sure.
If you've already touched 9k, how about a little more and put in an Alpine? Or is this as far as you can go?

I seriously doubt I can cross that. N the lowest alpine - the 9825 - is at 11.5... not too sure of that kinda budget yaar.

Thats why me finding the Blaupunkt more or less ideal. Need some kind of assurance from u gurus.
Old 8th September 2005, 17:15   #1286
Distinguished - BHPian

I have no problem with Blaupunkt. Maybe someone else can come up with a better option for 8-9k with B&W, I think it's ok, go ahead.
Old 8th September 2005, 17:34   #1287
BHPian

woof! Finished reading all posts for the last 15 pages and think have read almost all posted in this thread atleast!! And now, I feel like i've know sam, navin,mclaren and all for ages though i doubt any one of them remember me

Couldn't post or read anything for the last two days, so had to catch up. Petrol Prices were to go up, and i had to keep my stocks full at my Petrol bunks I know the prices will really pinch all - pinching me also - but yes Petrol pump is my business and couldn't let the opportunity go by.

But now back to the forum and music system for my swift.

I had a set of diff queries but I'll bring them on later. For now, carrying ahead the last post about probs with sony.

I've heard that the lens in sony systems is giving a problem. My home theatre DAVS 500 also did. So, was just wondering if Sony MP3 CD changer would be the right choice....

FYI I'll be adding the CD Changer to a Cassette Deck as I'd said in a few of my earlier posts. was Thinking of Sony 5100 Cassette Deck.

What would you guys say? For Rs. 12,000/- is the Sony 5100 Cassette deck + Sony MP3 CD Changer a good choice or could you suggest any alternatives. (I will go in for a cassette Deck and CD changer - Decision is made!!) especially keeping in mind, that Sony CD lens seems to be giving problems....

PS Have read and read about music - would like to listen to it now in my new Swift. Will at any cost get it installed on Saturday. So, will be posting more queries, and guys please help me resolve them before Saturday morning!!
Thank you.
Old 8th September 2005, 17:45   #1288
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey SM!

I havent heard anybody complaining about the Somy MP3 changer, and at that price for tape+ cd changer with B&W, it sounds like a rocking deal.
Old 8th September 2005, 17:48   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
lol. It's a problem that's been encountered before. It's either a worn out gear, or moisture's attacked the silicon grease on the mechanism. Is it under warranty?
But I just bought it! 3 months back!
Anyway, its under warranty.
So need to roust the Sony folks ...
I'm about 87.67% sure that the blasted thing will
refuse to show any problems when I show them
Old 8th September 2005, 17:59   #1290
Distinguished - BHPian

That's right boy! Make your own little Katrina at the Sony Service Station lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks