Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2005, 22:45   #1321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
Even I listened to Blaupunkt's Bermuda. Its is the entry level MP3 in Blaupunkt costing 7.5K with Bill and Warranty in Chandigarh. However being an entry level Unit It doesn't hv much tweaking option as you would find in Sony 5510 etc for Rs 5400 without B&W. decide Yourself, Even I am getting one 2moro, will let you know what I will go in for.

what exactly do you mean by tweaking options ??

Rev
Old 8th September 2005, 22:53   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
what exactly do you mean by tweaking options ??

Rev
I mean there are just simple settings like setting the Bass, Treble etc and not much options like Loudness, HPF, LPF, setting the Mids, Lows and the Highs, Dimmer, Contrast etc like we get in Sonys and Pioneers.
Old 8th September 2005, 22:56   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac
:( No replies? just two quries. and one of them I think has been asked before, in this thread/other,I'm not sure but was not answered. So, at least now give the answer guys. Probably Sam would be able to answer this.

"Where to good authorised JBL Dealers in Hyderabad.?"
SOUNDMANIAC I would say go in for JBL 636 in the rear with 60W RMS, I am sure they can output enough Bass to balance with your comps in the front and they are a bit less costly too.

Last edited by zzzehar : 8th September 2005 at 22:57.
Old 8th September 2005, 22:56   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I mean there are just simple settings like setting the Bass, Treble etc and not much options like Loudness, HPF, LPF, setting the Mids, Lows and the Highs, Dimmer, Contrast etc like we get in Sonys and Pioneers.

so does the sony one which costs 5400 have this ??
i bought one of the entry level jvc head units and it doesnt so i was shocked when you said the entry level sony has this ??could you please specify model no and price.i may be interested in swapping my jvc for the sony as it is almost brand new just a few days old.

by the way what is hpf lpf etc ??

Rev

Last edited by revtech : 8th September 2005 at 22:57.
Old 8th September 2005, 23:00   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
so does the sony one which costs 5400 have this ??
i bought one of the entry level jvc head units and it doesnt so i was shocked when you said the entry level sony has this ??could you please specify model no and price.i may be interested in swapping my jvc for the sony as it is almost brand new just a few days old.

by the way what is hpf lpf etc ??

Rev
Sony 5510 is not the entry level unit, There are more like 3300 etc selling for even less in grey. Yes Sony 5510 does hv enough tweaking options as compared to others in the same segment. Read the reviews here, http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/...etailReview.do

People hv given very Good feedback and I think I am going for this unit. And yes I trust Circuit City as we ourselves do a lot of business through them. As far as my limited knowledge goes, HPF is High Pass Filter and Low Pass Filter and HPF is meant to tweak Highs like Tweeters and LPF for subwoofer. Gurus, Please authenticate my answer.

Last edited by zzzehar : 8th September 2005 at 23:05.
Old 8th September 2005, 23:05   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SOUNDMANIAC I would say go in for JBL 636 in the rear with 60W RMS, I am sure they can output enough Bass to balance with your comps in the front and they are a bit less costly too.
Zzehar, although I recommend 636 as opposed to 936 due to the fact you dont need a tray for them. However it wont be correct to say that the 636 will have enough Bass. They would actually be overshadowed by the components.
Old 8th September 2005, 23:09   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even I listened to Blaupunkt's Bermuda. Its is the entry level MP3 in Blaupunkt costing 7.5K with Bill and Warranty in Chandigarh. However being an entry level Unit It doesn't hv much tweaking option as you would find in Sony 5510 etc for Rs 5400 without B&W. decide Yourself, Even I am getting one 2moro, will let you know what I will go in for.

on the link you provided the cost is 179 dollars and 149 with the rebate so that comes upto 7000 odd and you quoted 5400so is there such a big difference just for the bill or was that a mistake ??

Rev
Old 8th September 2005, 23:17   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
on the link you provided the cost is 179 dollars and 149 with the rebate so that comes upto 7000 odd and you quoted 5400so is there such a big difference just for the bill or was that a mistake ??

Rev
You are right REVTECH, The same set with Bill and Warranty is for around 8K in India. And in the grey Its is for Rs 5400. I will probably go in for without warranty, as anyways I will probably not have to spend Rs 3000-3500 to get It repaired. In Worst case scenario (Except for Lens - that will die with Age), you can get these things fixed for less than 500 bucks.
Old 8th September 2005, 23:48   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
I have the following setup in my Swift:

1) Sony HU 8800 --- 13k
2) Front Components JBL 606: 6k
3) Rear Coaxials JBL 636: 3k

In the agenda for coming month:

1) Sony 504 Z 4 channel amp: 4k
2) JBL CS 1200 T bass tube: 5k

Hope this helps!
hey aseem if you done with upgradation just tell me how its going..actually i also want similar upgradation for my swift. you tell me why u choose tube woofer, i mean you can choose box also. & where you are going to keep your amplifier & tube.
Old 8th September 2005, 23:54   #1330
BHPian

Hi Sam,Navin,Azeem,Vivek and all!
thanx a million for the great stuff u post in this thread.I have read almost every thing on this thread, and this has enriched my knowledge abt ICE and stimulated the audiophile in me!
But alas , all this after i fixed the musicsystem 3 months back in my new Baleno. i bought in the grey market.I was unawareof what i was doing and just following what the sales man suggested! ihave the following
Pioneer HU 5750
Pioneer 6" 140w speakers in the front doors
Rockford Fosgate Tweeters 10-40W on the A pillars
6x9 4way Jbl speakers in the rear on MDF parcel tray.
I wud like to know as to how to improve the above setup.As far as possible,
i wouldnt like to trash any of the speakers as they are jus 3 months
old. i have abt 8 to 10k for an upgrade! and I'am a 37yr old physician ! pls give ur advice Sam,Navin...
Old 8th September 2005, 23:55   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo107
hey aseem if you done with upgradation just tell me how its going..actually i also want similar upgradation for my swift. you tell me why u choose tube woofer, i mean you can choose box also. & where you are going to keep your amplifier & tube.

I have zeroed down on the tube as the tube has 140 W RMS. The JBL 1000T has 250 W RMS. I will be going for Sony 504Z amp, which gives 120 W bridged RMS. Since the tube is less power hungry than the box sub, thus I will be able to drive the tube better than the box. Also Sam recommends the sound of the tube as he has that in his Lancer. The tube is going to be fixed in the trunk, strapped on to the rear seat. For amplifier, I am contemplating mounting it in the trunk. I guess it will become clear of what I have in mind when I am done with it, and can post some pics.
I might end up getting the amplifier from US, and if that happens my setup might change. I plan to do this by next SALARY

Last edited by aseem : 9th September 2005 at 00:00.
Old 9th September 2005, 00:16   #1332
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard
i wouldnt like to trash any of the speakers as they are jus 3 months
old. i have abt 8 to 10k for an upgrade! and I'am a 37yr old physician ! pls give ur advice Sam,Navin...
well if thats the case u can go in for an entry level amp from sony & sub from JBL/sony depending on ur budget..
Old 9th September 2005, 00:23   #1333
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
You are right REVTECH, The same set with Bill and Warranty is for around 8K in India. And in the grey Its is for Rs 5400. I will probably go in for without warranty, as anyways I will probably not have to spend Rs 3000-3500 to get It repaired. In Worst case scenario (Except for Lens - that will die with Age), you can get these things fixed for less than 500 bucks.
makes sense zehar and maybe after 2 or 3 years when and if at all any lens problem surfaces u can change the HU to the latest in the market..so no point in paying another 2.5k extra for the B&W..and once u install this HU trust me ul enjoy it,am saying this from my own experience..and ya the features are pretty good(low,high,med,sub etc) and easy to operate too..btw im still to use sonicstage software,havent downloaded yet so got to see how the atrac works..make sure u get the right settings for the highs,med and lows..and there u go..do keep us updated with ur previews..
Old 9th September 2005, 00:27   #1334
BHPian

All,

I visited few shops for the audio configuration for my swift with respect to my requirements. I am listing the shops (shortlisted) who gave their quote for my likings. I need your feedback and recommendations on my findings.

1. Car N Style (J.C.Road)
Alpine 9830 - 12k (without B & W)
Boston FS60 - 5.5k
Boston F6 - 3k

2. Sound Factor (Lavelle Road)
Alpine 9830 - 14.5k (With bill, not sure abt W)
JBL 606e - 5.5k
JBL 636e - 3.5k

3. Sachin's Autoshop (Kormangala)
Alpine 9830 - 13.5k (without B & W)
Or
Blaupunkt Senilla - 14.7k (with B & W)
----------
Boston FS60 - 5.4k
Boston F6 - 2.9k
Or
JBL 606e - 5.7k
JBL 636e - 2.9k

Now tell me, is it better if I go for Blaupunkt with B & W rather than going for Alpine without B & W. I found Blaupunkt Senilla (it is advanced too) decent enough. He says it is on par with Alpine 9830 which I am not sure of!!

Which is better choice between Boston and JBL? With price there is not much difference, so, need your help to decide on one thing.

Waiting for you input, eagerly!

Selective.
Old 9th September 2005, 00:29   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
makes sense zehar and maybe after 2 or 3 years when and if at all any lens problem surfaces u can change the HU to the latest in the market..so no point in paying another 2.5k extra for the B&W..and once u install this HU trust me ul enjoy it,am saying this from my own experience..and ya the features are pretty good(low,high,med,sub etc) and easy to operate too..btw im still to use sonicstage software,havent downloaded yet so got to see how the atrac works..make sure u get the right settings for the highs,med and lows..and there u go..do keep us updated with ur previews..
Thank you for your reply McLaren. Also like some people have mentioned that Sony has now started making HU's woth better Lens and 5510 being a successor of 5500 logically should have a better Lens that 5500. Still Lemme hear it 2moro and will let you guys know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks