Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2005, 22:37   #1426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
1. Get a good amp. u can get the sony 504 for 4K or the JBL 50.4 etc.Sam will fill in the prices and stuff. I am useless.
2. where are those tweeters. on the front A pillars? Yikes dont tell us you damaged the A pillars to gt teh tweeter in there. if not maybe a nicer location would be the left and right external mirror pods.
3. I would seriously consider replacing the front speakers when you think you can part with them.
Navin,
thanks for ur prompt response and advice. the tweeters are close to the A pillars and fixed to the sunvisors by clamps- are these positions appropriate? Iam planning to add an amp as suggested and what speakers wud u suggest for the front doors? -want something reasonably priced!
Wil a JBL tube sound good with the above configuration.Thanx
Old 10th September 2005, 23:50   #1427
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
its sat eve... guess the experts and the rest of teh gang went partying

dont know about the experts,but a few members of bangalore tbhp were having fun at the meet held at bhagini today..
Old 10th September 2005, 23:51   #1428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
dont know about the experts,but a few members of bangalore tbhp were having fun at the meet held at bhagini today..
AND UR HERE???
Old 10th September 2005, 23:57   #1429
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
AND UR HERE???
mad or what??meet there and me here nnnaaa munna nnnnaaa .ok thats enough of trying to make a fool of myself ..just returned home from the meet dude..and guess what back online...
Old 11th September 2005, 00:05   #1430
Senior - BHPian

hey maclaren why dont you post a report of the meet with some pics if any
Boy am i in trouble long long story so ill post it within an hour as im busy now.need some serious help.

Rev
Old 11th September 2005, 00:08   #1431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
hey guys, i'm planning for a new setup in my NHC

heres what i came up with:
Alpine 9831 HU
Kicker sub (15") and kicker amp
now i'm a lil confused with the speakers...thinkin abt Alpine or JBL or Kicker(??)
also would u guys recommend compos?

and should i get a 2nd amp(4ch) for the rear speakers or will they work fine with the HU
did u go for it?

would like 2 c ur config if so
Old 11th September 2005, 00:16   #1432
BHPian

[quote=navin]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac
But no!! What would i do of the lovely Pakistani Ghazals I have on the casette deck in original voices of farida khanum, begum akhtar, Abida Parveen, Mehdi Hassan Jagjit and all....and other commentaries that i listen to?.[/QUOTE

very simple. rip them to MP3. not at all diffucult. cumbersome but not diffcult.

Using Lame 3.96.1 (now 3.97 is stable) APX (Alt Preset Extreme) one can get very decent MP3s. If you prefer a lossless format I would suggest WavPack (4.2).
Navin I need some serious advice from you.........I have th e following setup:

1. Alpine 9833
2. Alpine R-series comps in the front
3. 2 Kenwoods high end 6"by 9" with a Pio. 12"sub at the back
4. Alpine 4 channel 70 watt rms per channel amp.

I got the components fitted yesterday but have some issues.
The components are excellent, would suggest them to anyone........But after putting the components, the Pio. woofer has lost its thump.........I mean it was providing excelent bass earlier but after the comps were fitted the Woof. has just lost it.

I have dedicated one channel each to the comp. pair and one channel to the Woofer and one channel to the kenwoods. I changed the time corr. to provide max. bass from rear but still the woof is not delivering now. I am very depresed that after investing so much money I am still not getting the sound quality I should be. Please suggest if I shall put another amp. and co-ax's or the woofer I had mentined the 12"Auto Bahn(Between I could not get the impedence curve for that woofer, but i will try getting it tomm.) Sam, Navin Please advice...........All this setup is in a Scorpio.......Will really appreciate it.......Thanks
Old 11th September 2005, 00:18   #1433
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
.... Both have very shrilly tweeters, and peaky midrange. The midbass on the R types is better though. Sound quality wise, you could do better than these.....
1. the shrilly tweeter can be tamed and the peaky mid is becuase the woofer tend to shout sings that it is XOed too high. I tried to lower the XO point but that left a hole. due to time constraints I have not done more.

2. at the price I think Alpine is good VFM
Old 11th September 2005, 00:19   #1434
BHPian

Quality Music

Apologize for the mess up by asking my question in someones thread: however, Navin some serious Advice needed from you:

1. Alpine 9833

The components are excellent, would suggest them to anyone........But after putting the components, the Pio. woofer has lost its thump.........I mean it was providing excelent bass earlier but after the comps were fitted the Woof. has just lost it.

I have dedicated one channel each to the comp. pair and one channel to the Woofer and one channel to the kenwoods. I changed the time corr. to provide max. bass from rear but still the woof is not delivering now. I am very depresed that after investing so much money I am still not getting the sound quality I should be. Please suggest if I shall put another amp. and co-ax's or the woofer I had mentined the 12"Auto Bahn(Between I could not get the impedence curve for that woofer, but i will try getting it tomm.) Sam, Navin Please advice...........All this setup is in a Scorpio.......Will really appreciate it.......Thanks
Old 11th September 2005, 00:21   #1435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin, I know what you mean. I have similar taste and very few drivers cut it....Image Dynamics speakers, subs and Tru Tech amps are all completely built in California, USA. There is no korean, chinese, taiwanese manufacturing involved and these are legendary products that enjoy a cult status everywhere in the world.
I got Champange taste and beer budget.
Old 11th September 2005, 00:24   #1436
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey greenhorn... If you really wanna hear good sound, why dont you IM me, we can meet and I'll give you a demo in my car...
gunbir, no one is a greenhorn here. BTW we would love to see some pics. You got a website?
Old 11th September 2005, 00:35   #1437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings
Apologize for the mess up by asking my question in someones thread: however, Navin some serious Advice needed from you:

1. Alpine 9833

just 70rms 2 a sub??? think thats ur prob. anyway experts would get back 2 u

but still 70 watts 2 a sub, me got it wrong or u got it wrong?
Old 11th September 2005, 00:38   #1438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The components are excellent, would suggest them to anyone........But after putting the components, the Pio. woofer has lost its thump.........I have dedicated one channel each to the comp. pair and one channel to the Woofer and one channel to the kenwoods. ...I had mentined the 12"Auto Bahn(Between I could not get the impedence curve for that woofer, but i will try getting it tomm.) Sam, Navin Please advice...........
huh? you got 2 kenwoods being run by one channel? i would just get a small 502 for 2.5K and run either the kenwoods or subs with that. then bridge the other 2 channels and use them for the sub.
my guess is your amp is seeing some really low loads and is gasping leaving your sub without any push. also check the phase of each speaker.
Old 11th September 2005, 00:39   #1439
BHPian

I think I will get a 2 channel amp and dedicate it to the Sub...what say guys the experts are still not replying.......
Old 11th September 2005, 00:44   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I will get a 2 channel amp and dedicate it to the Sub...what say guys the experts are still not replying.......

navin wont he need 2 check his sub rms rating b4 going in for 502z

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks