Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2005, 09:44   #1456
BHPian

Navin, Sam, you guys know I have JBL 426 and 936 coaxials. Is there any way I can accomodate a pair of components too because I have been wanting a pair of components too for obvious reasons. I plan to go in for a Sony 504 amp sometime soon.
Old 11th September 2005, 09:47   #1457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswings
Guys this might be a stupid question...but hw much breathing space does a normal 6.5"comp. woof need if i fit it on the front door panel of my scorpio.....by the way which i have already done.....do i need to dig a hole for a breather for the woofer.
mate, i am gonna put teh 606 at the rear of my santro, wher the rear pod is so that it uses the trunk as the box...

and connect a jbl cs1200b 2 a 502z amp, as the experts recommended in this thread. they said that jbl cs 1200b's nominal is 150watt so the 502z would work fine (120 on bridged mode)

ur pio sub's nominal is 400watt rms and hence i
think u need more powerful amp.

see my older posts and recommendation for me frm navin,mclaren, sam etc
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7454

guys wake up. its almost 10am
Old 11th September 2005, 09:54   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Navin, Sam, you guys know I have JBL 426 and 936 coaxials. Is there any way I can accomodate a pair of components too because I have been wanting a pair of components too for obvious reasons. I plan to go in for a Sony 504 amp sometime soon.

on which car?....and u wanna add components 2 what u have now?
Old 11th September 2005, 09:57   #1459
BHPian

Alto And I was just thinking how it would be. Just a crazy idea that struck me. But I have only installed the 936 6x9s at the rear. I still have to do the wiring for the 426 fronts.
Old 11th September 2005, 09:59   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia
Is it an issue with all brands

If m not mistaken... these are designed on the US stds wherein the FM freqs are only odd numbered.

Anybody with Sony/JVC etc or other Blau/Alpine models facing this issue?

when i bought the philips 6cd changer couple of yrs back. ther was a setting to be done so that that set can change frm the default odd frequency tuning to even frequency tuning and vice-versa. maybe the same goes with car audios.

indian fm station uses odd type ( i think) and us etc the even ones ( or maybe the other way round)
Old 11th September 2005, 10:01   #1461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Alto And I was just thinking how it would be. Just a crazy idea that struck me. But I have only installed the 936 6x9s at the rear. I still have to do the wiring for the 426 fronts.

experts r gonna say ur nuts

they say 936 gives more bass but components would give more clear sound.

u have a sub?

maybe u can wait till the seniors wake up for better comments
Old 11th September 2005, 10:07   #1462
BHPian

No sub as of now. Components give better soundstage and imaging. The 426 will have to face up in the space provided for the 4 inch speakers in the dash. When the tweeter faces upward you lose a lot of the imaging since high frequencies are highly directional. If only there was another way of mounting the 4 inchers. I even thought of small boxes mounted on the dash and the speaker facing the passengers.

Theoritically, I could drive six speakers. How? Get a 4 channel amp. Two channels each for the rear ovals and front components. The HU's internal amp can then drive the 4 inch speakers. Maybe the 4 inch speakers could also be mounted on the rear doors. But i would not want to die of ear fatigue with too much mids and highs if I do pull off this stunt

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 11th September 2005 at 10:16.
Old 11th September 2005, 11:40   #1463
BHPian

Order please

Mods , and Car audio experts..

An earnest request. Please create a thread which will contain vechicle wise recommended audio hardwares say in three setups
( with details of front /rear speakers , HU etc etc.
setup for
a. normal audio needs
b. The high end needs
c . and some thing in between

Allow only mods or audio experts to post the specs to avoid discussion clutter ( the discussions can continue in other threads)

This will help the not so experts to get a clear reference point rather than going through various threads and getting confused.
Old 11th September 2005, 12:57   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
1. the shrilly tweeter can be tamed and the peaky mid is becuase the woofer tend to shout sings that it is XOed too high. I tried to lower the XO point but that left a hole. due to time constraints I have not done more.

2. at the price I think Alpine is good VFM
Though I agree that they are good VFM, I have heard better at the same price point. A high XO point does not cause peaking, just exposes it.
Old 11th September 2005, 13:11   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Navin in the current setup what do you recommend...or are u saying tht i should put another amp for sure.....please recommend...I want to fix this issue asap...as there is no Bassssss
Hi. try removing your kenwood speakers and powering the sub with the 2 channels bridged. As navin said, check phase on speakers and sub. If bass improves, you will know you need another amp. Then go and get one as Navin suggested.

If the bass doesnt improve, let us know how you've wired the sub (is it DVC or SVC)
Old 11th September 2005, 15:39   #1466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Mods , and Car audio experts..

An earnest request. Please create a thread which will contain vechicle wise recommended audio hardwares say in three setups
( with details of front /rear speakers , HU etc etc.
setup for
a. normal audio needs
b. The high end needs
c . and some thing in between

Allow only mods or audio experts to post the specs to avoid discussion clutter ( the discussions can continue in other threads)

This will help the not so experts to get a clear reference point rather than going through various threads and getting confused.
i think ther r some threads . i haev seen one for scorpio and baleno and i started one for Santro
Old 11th September 2005, 22:49   #1467
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin in the current setup what do you recommend...or are u saying tht i should put another amp for sure.....please recommend...I want to fix this issue asap...as there is no Bassssss
If there is no bass then i would check the phase of all the speakers.
Old 11th September 2005, 22:52   #1468
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia
If m not mistaken... these are designed on the US stds wherein the FM freqs are only odd numbered.
the alpine can be setup as US or Euro. If US it will skip even stations if not it will tune to all freq incl some line 93.45.
Old 11th September 2005, 22:59   #1469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Jk The following are the specs of my woofer:
Sensitivity (1W/1m) 89 dB
Qts 0.42
Recommended sealed enclosure (Litres) 24 - 49.6
Lowest resonance frequency (FS) 32.6
Vas 55.6 l
in a 40 liter sealed enclosure you will good bass. the sens of the speaker is a bit low so a bit more power is desireable. I was hoping your sub was 91db+.

with a qts of 0.42 i would not recommend a bass reflex box. Fs is also quite high and Vas low for a 12"; by this I am going to assume the compliance is stiff and hence the woofer might even be usable facing up/down.

I would love to know the Sd, Mms, etc.. but i guess they rather fill the specs with gibbeish. I have listed above the specs that made sone sense by eliminating the nonsense.
Old 11th September 2005, 23:00   #1470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Guys this might be a stupid question...but hw much breathing space does a normal 6.5"comp. woof need if i fit it on the front door panel of my scorpio......
most doors are quite lossy. so i would not sweat this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks