Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2005, 11:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi Aseem.... Are you doubly sure that the Alpine 9830 costs just 15k in B'lore? Is this with Bill and Warranty? Should this be true, its too good to believe and ing to note the price difference...

A lil help. Could you also find out the price of the 9831 and 9827 in B'lore please? I don't know how u have b'lore prices since I see you live in Delhi, but since you have the 9830 price, i'm hoping it wouldn't be hard for you to find the price of the 9831...

Thanks much pal!

AK
Old 20th August 2005, 12:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
So in short, unlike coaxial speakers that send the same frequency to the woofer and the tweeter (which is mounted on the woofer itself)... the components use crossovers to filter the frequencies going into the tweeter and the woofer.
Not correct Aseem. Coaxials will have a capacitor stuck somewhere to the magnet or the basket. If you constantly feed low frequencies to tweeters, they will burn up. Check any coaxial speaker you want.

Revtech, please do yourself a favour and don't buy Sony speakers. That is if you have not bought them already. Take it from me, they are bad.
Old 20th August 2005, 14:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
And for heaven's sake don't buy the Sony speakers.
*nodding very strongly* I agree with Vivek, dont buy the Sony speakers. They're really sad sounding
Old 20th August 2005, 14:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

but a friend of mine said they sound descent..... why do you say they arent good

Rev
Old 20th August 2005, 23:51   #20
BHPian

They might sound okay but not good. Listen keenly with Sony and some other brand like JBL/Blau/Alpine. The latter brands will sound better because they use better materials and there is better construction. The emphasis is sound here. Please please believe me.
Old 21st August 2005, 12:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

I am currently in Bangalore and on Sam's advise checked out the JBL showroom here in Bangi. My primary purpose of the visit was to check out the Chevy music system whose pics Sam had earlier posted. The car sounded awesome and I could feel the bass travel through the seats. My only complaint was it was a tad too bright, but that is true for all JBL components (Navin mentioned Alpine is lil better). However I still strongly recommend JBL components as not all ppl agree with my observation and on the contrary love the loudness of the JBL's. The car had an Alpine HU, and thats what made me ask the guy the rate. He told me he can give me 9833 for 18k (if I remember correctly)... on this I stated what about 9830, and the answer was 15k. I was shocked as much as you are as being from Delhi I also got qoutes of 20k. Whether its with bill or without, I didnt ask and dont care either as the Sony I bought for 14k is also without bill, so I could have bought 9830 instead.... :(
I have learnt a lot about music the hard way through this forum and personal experiences... but this is the learning cost that I am paying. I would invite you all to listen to the music of my car once the project is complete... going by the lack of funds off late from the investors (my dad, and my brother, i am broke myself) the project has delayed. I have a meeting next month with the VC's (venture capatalists) when I come back to Delhi to discuss the future budget. The problem in India is that everything becomes a five year plan
Old 21st August 2005, 13:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

aseem. I wish you da best for your 5 year plan.... and Aseem, can you give me the address or details of this JBL showroom in Bang? If hes giving the Alpine 9833 for 18k, i damn well might get that instead of the 9827.... or even the 9830 or 9831.... wow

Even if hes going to charge 2k-4k xtra for the bill, i'm absolutely ok with it. Do let me know if you have any details that I can make use of...

Thanks dude

AK
Old 22nd August 2005, 19:42   #23
Team-BHP Support

I'd like to clear up one misconception: JBL is not better than Alpine; just brighter - and the reverese is also true. Any system is a sum of parts. The part with the MOST influence is the ENVIROMENT the importance of the other 3 parts (HU, AMP, SPEAKER) depends on whom you are talking to.
Old 23rd August 2005, 18:00   #24
BHPian

@evry1- so guys, how much would a decent set of speakers,amp,sub(all jbl) come upto.....? my budget is around 20-25k...... pls be free to advise me on other combinations as well...
Old 23rd August 2005, 18:58   #25
Team-BHP Support

SAM! This one is ALL YOURS! :-)
Old 24th August 2005, 00:03   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
I am currently in Bangalore and on Sam's advise checked out the JBL showroom here in Bangi. My primary purpose of the visit was to check out the Chevy music system whose pics Sam had earlier posted. The car sounded awesome and I could feel the bass travel through the seats. My only complaint was it was a tad too bright, but that is true for all JBL components (Navin mentioned Alpine is lil better). However I still strongly recommend JBL components as not all ppl agree with my observation and on the contrary love the loudness of the JBL's. The car had an Alpine HU, and thats what made me ask the guy the rate. He told me he can give me 9833 for 18k (if I remember correctly)... on this I stated what about 9830, and the answer was 15k. I was shocked as much as you are as being from Delhi I also got qoutes of 20k. Whether its with bill or without, I didnt ask and dont care either as the Sony I bought for 14k is also without bill, so I could have bought 9830 instead.... :(
I have learnt a lot about music the hard way through this forum and personal experiences... but this is the learning cost that I am paying. I would invite you all to listen to the music of my car once the project is complete... going by the lack of funds off late from the investors (my dad, and my brother, i am broke myself) the project has delayed. I have a meeting next month with the VC's (venture capatalists) when I come back to Delhi to discuss the future budget. The problem in India is that everything becomes a five year plan
Hey Aseeeeeeem..... dude, thanks a lot for your timely referal. I called the JBL showroom manager at B'lore and he provided the Alpine HU prices and they are SSOOOOO much cheaper in B'lore, than in Chennai, and this is way tooooo ing....

Well, for everyone's benefit, here are 2 higher end Alpine HU prices:

Alpine cda 9830 - 15k [with bill & warranty]
Alpine cda 9833 - 19k [with bill & warranty]

Chennai prices:

Alpine cda 9830 - 23,980/- [with bill & warranty]
Alpine cda 9833 - 28,900/- [with bill & warranty]

Now i'm sure everyone reading this bit would be shocked

I can't stop smiling enough for the b'lore prices, thanks to you Aseeem. I might have a friend of mine get it for me this week, else, better, I might juz come down for a couple of hours and get it myself this weekend.... maybe...

Cheers
AK
Old 24th August 2005, 14:43   #27
Team-BHP Support

that is a huge difference. I think I paid rs. 20K for my 9833 that too from Bharat in Worli and they are supposed to be expensive so it is the Chennai prices that seem to out of line.
Old 24th August 2005, 14:50   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage
@evry1- so guys, how much would a decent set of speakers,amp,sub(all jbl) come upto.....? my budget is around 20-25k...... pls be free to advise me on other combinations as well...
OK so here's a combo- all JBL for 25k

CS50.4 amp - Rs 9500
GTO963e - Rs 4750 Rear
GTO426e - Rs 2500 front
CS1200T - Rs6500 sub tube
Dinner with Wine and girlfriend - Rs 1750 (I recommend Satori at this budget)

Total25k
Old 24th August 2005, 14:58   #29
Team-BHP Support

What about Infinity Sam? wont that make "nicer" sounds at this price?
Old 24th August 2005, 15:11   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, yes. But Navin, it depends. If your idea of nice sound is Metallica or Eminem, then NO.

I only recommend Infinity to people that like Dave Matthews.

Also, at 25k, he woont be able to buy 4 infinity speakers and a sub and an amp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks