Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 02:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

I just got the Morel Tempo 6 fitted in my Fiesta and man they sound good. I mean after listening to Hertz for fre years, the Morel's are like HEAVEN. They are so sweet and jel so well with the ID sub.
Old 13th July 2010, 03:08   #62
BHPian

I don't need to buy components. Which ID sub is that and what does it cost? Available in grey?
Old 13th July 2010, 11:26   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I design my ported enclosure to go very low, I use approx 2.5cuft+ for a 12 inch driver and nearly 4cuft+ for a 15 inch one which also increases the efficiency also.
Those are not large. Most 12" I've used need 2.5-3 cu. ft. Modern subs manage with less but at the cost of efficiency. My old JBL 18" subs each had a 10 cu. ft. box (JBL 2245/B460).

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I got a ported enclosure designed for my W12GTi and I LOOOOOVE the way it sings!.
The W12Gti is a woofer that prefers a ported box. No wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I got it made by a company called Sanen Acoustics.
yes they make decent boxes. My mom had one for her car before we built her a custom FG box.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Those are not large. Most 12" I've used need 2.5-3 cu. ft. Modern subs manage with less but at the cost of efficiency. My old JBL 18" subs each had a 10 cu. ft. box (JBL 2245/B460).
Hmm, I totally agree. But the normal trend here on the forum is that make a sealed box which is recommended by the manufacturer and stick the sub and says that they have achieved heaven. Why don't people experiment ? They can buy 20k subs but cannot spend 2k extra on the enclosure as it is the most important part for the bass section.

With a good enclosure designed and average sub will sound better than a good sub woofer with a badly designed box, it may either be sealed or ported.
Old 13th July 2010, 17:05   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
How about this combo?

1. DLS CA31 – 3-channel amplifier. Two channels for speakers, and one mono channel for subwoofer – Comes around 9 to 10k

2. DLS W312D – 12” subwoofer & it plays very clean bass in a ported box might come around Rs. 5 to 6k
Why don't you try this? It was once suggested by B&T to me.
Old 13th July 2010, 18:48   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Why don't people experiment ?
Humans are lazy. Google has made them lazier. 10 minutes of experimenting will teach you more than 10 hours of Google can (ok I got pretty poor Google skils but still...).
Old 13th July 2010, 20:08   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzkid_ram View Post
Why don't you try this? It was once suggested by B&T to me.
Well, the specs are surely enticing. But, I am on a tight budget now. Plus, even if I go ahead with it, there is a problem. I shall soon change to a mono after sometime, and at that time, this 3 channel Amplifier would go waste as 1 of it's channel would be rendered useless.

Is there a website where I can check the latest MRPs in India of products by various ICE brands?

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 13th July 2010 at 20:16.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Sirji, no offense, but for the kind of money the 8401 retails for, it is BY FAR THE best amp you get..
...except a certain person i know who prefers Ms. poooja songs to everything else.
That is one THIRD grade amp I've EVER auditioned. Trust me, on 4 different occasions, on 4 (ok 3.. to be precise.. different equipments (one of which was your dear, Rainbow)).. this was the WORST amp I could ever audition.

It creates only a "mid" oriented sound, which I dont like.

Now call it Miss Pooja effect or Chamkila.. I dont care. (No offense)

Quote:
You could even look at 8401 + Bull audio sub of which I've only heard praises about but haven't auditioned yet.
Please refrain on passing a judgement unless you've actually heard the products/drivers in question. (as per NavinJi.. to which i fully agree)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
The last I heard, even Genesis class A amps gave up playing her songs!
Quite a lot to handle, for sure

No worries, most "hi-end" amps often give up here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Hey Bharti!
Did you read about my listening tastes? If yes, what combo do you suggest for me?
Quote:
most of the Gurus here are well versed with which brands ''may'' suit my taste. .... Then, you may suggest me something.
Quote:

If you want it to be more technical then consider this.
1. I want the lows to be somewhat tight and of the type that doesn't overpower the vocals. I want the subwoofer to go real low and hit hard but that too, quite musically. I hate it if there is a lot of "BOOM" in the subwoofer. I want to feel the bass and it should be punchy enough to creep into my bones.

2. The mids, as far as I know is a spectrum of sound where most of the details reside. I want the mids to be extremely musical and not "EAGER", if you can picture this. The mids should be strong and they should not be "FAKE".

3. The highs. Now, this is where it all sums up for me. i JUST HATE BRIGHT AND HARSH VOCALS. I want minimal lisping and whistling. The highs should be realistic and soothing even when female vocals are played. The desi-chhun chhun just puts me off! But at the same time the highs should be accurate and clear. Nothing like what it sounds like when I tone down the highs to -3 in my Pioneer headunit and suddenly a lot of detail is lost.
Quote:
Does their sound signature match my liking?

If there are any other brands of amps and subs that you would like to suggest, please do, keeping in mind my listening tastes and the budget.
Quote:
Pankyji, what amp and sub combo do you suggest suiting my listening preferences
I'd recommend the following for you (in your budget):

Sub: RF.. entry level (sorry forgetting the model #) or GZ.. radioactive (sorry again, forgot the model #)

Amp (given that you'll upgrade to mono soon): Blau MK2.. one of our fellow Bhpians (phamilyman) has this in his car and is very much satisfied.

Rest, feel free to PM me in case you need help with auditions.
My best wishes..

Last edited by navin : 14th July 2010 at 10:14.
Old 14th July 2010, 00:17   #69
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
That is one THIRD grade amp I've EVER auditioned. Trust me, on 4 different occasions, on 4 (ok 3.. to be precise.. different equipments (one of which was your dear, Rainbow)).. this was the WORST amp I could ever audition.

It creates only a "mid" oriented sound, which I dont like.

Now call it Miss Pooja effect or Chamkila.. I dont care. (No offense)

None taken. Considering, that I don't have to hear whatever rubbish songs she/he or whatever sort of aliens sing, Sir. After all, they aren't my ears. Might as well just plant a bomb in them.

And "My dear rainbow", oh well, true. They make superb audio equipment. Bang for every buck they charge you for. Can't say the same about the JBL's I got for my car 2 years back which seem to have gotten from bad to worse over time both in the way they sound and in the way they look now.

Quote:
Please refrain on passing a judgement unless you've actually heard the products/drivers in question. (as per NavinJi.. to which i fully agree)
Judgement?! Re-read Sir. I was merely suggesting since the gentleman(mr. abhipuru16) had asked what would be my suggestions giving his budget and listening tastes.

P.S. What exactly did Mr. Navin say that you are agreeing to?
Old 14th July 2010, 00:26   #70
BHPian

panky, bro I just don't get what triggers the Sherlock Holmes in you to start investigating the "marketing" keeda in the ICE section. I mean give the guy a break, he is just 17 and it amazes me how extensively he's searching for the right equipment. Even if he spends 10% of this in auditioning, I'd say job well done.

I'd request you to edit your post as it IS offensive!
Old 14th July 2010, 00:48   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
panky, bro I just don't get what triggers the Sherlock Holmes in you to start investigating the "marketing" keeda in the ICE section. I mean give the guy a break, he is just 17 and it amazes me how extensively he's searching for the right equipment. Even if he spends 10% of this in auditioning, I'd say job well done.

I'd request you to edit your post as it IS offensive!
The thing with panky is he thinks anyone who likes a brand which he doesn't prefer, is commercially involved with that brand.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1927891-post24.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1252084-post9.html

As they say old habits die hard
Old 14th July 2010, 01:06   #72
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
The thing with panky is he thinks anyone who likes a brand which he doesn't prefer, is commercially involved with that brand.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1927891-post24.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1252084-post9.html

As they say old habits die hard
Ah! Yes, I myself have been the pinpoint of this question once. Or maybe twice, I don't remember precisely.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:13   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
If I were to go with my "old habits", I'd been questioning same to everyone who suggested something or the other.

Point me a single post where I've asked this to anyone except to hellspawn/noidaboy (who are commercially involved) and your good self. Ever wondered why?

Quote:
Ah! Yes, I myself have been the pinpoint of this question once. Or maybe twice, I don't remember precisely.
Must've been a reason.. Please post/PM the link.

Last edited by panky12345 : 14th July 2010 at 09:16.
Old 14th July 2010, 10:10   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even if he spends 10% of this in auditioning, I'd say job well done.
It should the other way around 10% google, 90% listening.

Quote:
If I were to go with my "old habits", I'd been questioning same to everyone who suggested something or the other.
Quote:
Please guys lets not ruin a nice day.

What's that they say i Hindi "Taali dho haath say bajti hain". (appologies for my poor hindi but I hope you guys get the jist).
Old 14th July 2010, 10:17   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
P.S. What exactly did Mr. Navin say that you are agreeing to?
I have always recomended that people listen to the equipment they purchase before they purchase it.

I have realised that I prefer a sound that is more laid back than most other's liking. So something i recommend is often considered dull or un-exciting by others. This might be becuase I have done more than half my listening on valve/tube equipment and have spent many hours (in some case days) listening to music and any component that is not laid back can become very irritating to one's ears over such long periods.

hence the advice - please try before you buy just you would with shoes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks