Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 10:47   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Please guys lets not ruin a nice day.

What's that they say i Hindi "Taali dho haath say bajti hain". (appologies for my poor hindi but I hope you guys get the jist).
Navinji, I've already said what I wanted to.. this chapter is closed from my side.

Abhi: I run a pair of GZ subs off a JBL 1201.1 in my car, let me know if you were interested in audtioning it. This would give you a fair idea how JBL and GZ combo would sound.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:11   #77
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
It should the other way around 10% google, 90% listening.

Please guys lets not ruin a nice day.

What's that they say i Hindi "Taali dho haath say bajti hain". (appologies for my poor hindi but I hope you guys get the jist).
But sir the taali here's been coming from both the hands of Mr. Panky himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Abhi: I run a pair of GZ subs off a JBL 1201.1 in my car, let me know if you were interested in audtioning it. This would give you a fair idea how JBL and GZ combo would sound.
And yeah, since I've listened to this combination of JBL amp + GZ sub. Believe me, it's NOWHERE in the league of the bulls, the rainbows or the ids. PERIOD!

P.S. I AM PASSING A JUDGEMENT HERE!
Old 14th July 2010, 12:34   #78
BHPian

Quote:
It should the other way around 10% google, 90% listening.
Totally agree. But at abhi's rate, 90% would the pretty much encapsulate every brand out there.

@abhipuru16
I agree with LBM when he says that ported boxes can have almost the same SQ as sealed but one needs to be very sure of the specs and experiment a lot. In other words, scope of error is very less when compared to sealed ones. Sealed boxes on the other hand are more of the forgiving nature but yes, with the same amount of power they won't be as loud as ported. Take out some time to audition setups with LBM bhaaji. If you get a chance to drive to Delhi, then you can ask the guys at Gyro and Driven to help you audition a few setups as well. Cheers!
Old 14th July 2010, 12:41   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelord View Post
panky, bro I just don't get what triggers the Sherlock Holmes in you to start investigating the "marketing" keeda in the ICE section. I mean give the guy a break, he is just 17 and it amazes me how extensively he's searching for the right equipment. Even if he spends 10% of this in auditioning, I'd say job well done.

I'd request you to edit your post as it IS offensive!
Is it me you're talking about?
Well, the problem is that my car is not delivered as of now, maybe, end of this month. So, I thought, why not spend this time getting to know more about the various brands in ICE. That's the sole purpose right now. Once I get my car, it's auditioning all the way!

This is mainly because I don't know a thing about this "WORLD".
Old 14th July 2010, 12:45   #80
BHPian

abhi, my post was a reply to what panky posted but thankfully, that has now been removed by the mods.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:50   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... this chapter is closed from my side. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
But sir the taali here's been coming from ...
Please make sure the next time the 'chapter' is not opened in the first place. It is taking away the decorum we are expected to maintain here.

Quote:
P.S. I AM PASSING A JUDGEMENT HERE!
That is OK. Paraphrased, it means "I like what I like", which everyone does / expresses. What is not acceptable is a "tu tu main main" that accompanies it - please take others' opinions with equanimity instead of making it a personal vendetta.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:54   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Please make sure the next time the 'chapter' is not opened in the first place. It is taking away the decorum we are expected to maintain here.

That is OK. Paraphrased, it means "I like what I like", which everyone does / expresses. What is not acceptable is a "tu tu main main" that accompanies it - please take others' opinions with equanimity instead of making it a personal vendetta.
And that's what I've always maintained from my side too. But the other gentleman seems to be pretty judgmental regarding others suggestions, hence it's only fair to make the point in the same tone.
Old 14th July 2010, 16:21   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Navinji, I've already said what I wanted to.. this chapter is closed from my side.

Thanks for the invite Pankyji. I have a query regarding your combo.
When a singer, male or female, sings and there come some lyrics with an ''S'' sound, at this time, what do you hear? Is it a realistic pronunciation of ''S'' or do you hear some whistling/lisping? The reason I ask you this is because I hate to listen to a ''chhunn'' in place of a precise and accurate ''S''.
Does this phenomenon depend on the Amplifier or the Speakers?

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 14th July 2010 at 16:23.
Old 14th July 2010, 17:27   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Thanks for the invite Pankyji. I have a query regarding your combo.
When a singer, male or female, sings and there come some lyrics with an ''S'' sound, at this time, what do you hear? Is it a realistic pronunciation of ''S'' or do you hear some whistling/lisping? The reason I ask you this is because I hate to listen to a ''chhunn'' in place of a precise and accurate ''S''.
Does this phenomenon depend on the Amplifier or the Speakers?
No offense Abhipuru answering your question is quite a challenge !!!!

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 14th July 2010 at 17:29.
Old 14th July 2010, 17:47   #85
BHPian

All my questions or this particular question?
Why so?
See, if you find some time, audition my Zen. As of today, it just misses a subwoofer. Although, my Headunit is a Pioneer which power both the Front MTX Components and the rear 6X9s, the tuning by me is such that there is no such whistling or lisping from the Front Tweeters.
Its so much so that once I am in that car with music playing, I feel there is no confusion about what kind of music I would want in my new car.
Once you take an audition in my Zen, even you would be clear about my listening tastes, that way it would be easier for you to help me with my query.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 14th July 2010 at 17:59.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:04   #86
Senior - BHPian

Sure I would be glad to hear your car. Give me a call in the evening I will be at your installers place.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:48   #87
BHPian

Surely, why not?! I'll dial 911 and reach you. LOL! PM me your number. Hehe!
Old 14th July 2010, 23:16   #88
BHPian

What was the exact model number of the Ground Zero subwoofer you suggested LBMji?
Old 15th July 2010, 10:03   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
hence it's only fair to make the point in the same tone.
!!!!!!!!!NO it is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

All we are asking is for a little civility. Is that too much to ask?
Old 15th July 2010, 13:15   #90
BANNED

Quote:
!!!!!!!!!NO it is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

All we are asking is for a little civility. Is that too much to ask?
No it is not. BUT here's the thing.

I happen to employee quite a few people and have over a period time developed quite a tolerance for whatever BS they try to give me regarding whatsoevers the reasons be, but that's got a limit. After which, unless you stand on there head and make them realize there mistake, they won't work, no matter. Give them a piece of your mind in the tone THEY DESERVE and they sit down and get back to work properly.

No one is an enemy of anyone here. We are here for a healthy discussion of our experiences and views and I like that. But when people try to FORCE there likes and dislikes on others and simply DO NOT understand the fricking fact that there limits are better not crossed, they've to be responded to IN THE SAME FORCE!
bharti22shresth is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks