Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2010, 13:54   #91
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Please be civil in your tone. Personal attacks, which include ridiculing others, will not be tolerated
Old 17th July 2010, 10:56   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Give them a piece of your mind in the tone THEY DESERVE and they sit down and get back to work properly.
If you find a post offensive please use the report button. There is no need to "GO Vigilante" on TBHP. It is NOT appreciated or considered accpetable behaviour.

I do not know if you have read the Rules in the Accouncements section but if you haven't suggest start by reading the 3 linked below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...etiquette.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...t-quality.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...on-system.html
Old 18th July 2010, 15:49   #93
BHPian

WOW!
That was not what I had expected. A battle in my thread!

Okay, so, I met LBMji a few days ago and had a demo of a ported Ground Zero 12XD-AL in his car.

The bass was very good, punchy and tight. The best part was, when we played some bass-heavy songs from my CD, the subwoofer totally transformed into one I would love to have in my car, tight and punchy and a little boomy only when there was a need.

Apart from this, recenty, I was offered a very nice deal for a BLAUPUNKT THA 475 PnP. Any comments guys?

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 18th July 2010 at 15:50.
Old 21st July 2010, 17:00   #94
BHPian

Guys, would there be a problem if I go for Blaupunkt VA 475?
It's from the higher Velocity series from Blaupunkt, I am getting a good deal for this amplifier. Please suggest.
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:55   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Apart from this, recenty, I was offered a very nice deal for a BLAUPUNKT THA 475 PnP. Any comments guys?
Quote:
Guys, would there be a problem if I go for Blaupunkt VA 475?
I have not heard either of these Blau amps. The old velocity amps were very good but I believe balu's new Velocity series is not built to the same standards however they offer more VFM.
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:06   #96
BHPian

I am almost on the verge of buying the Blaupunkt Velocity VPA 4130 amplifier but, there is something holding me back. My current components are rated as 60watts RMS while this amplifier gives 130watts RMS per channel in the same 4 ohm impedance. Do I risk anything here? The gains would be set carefully.
LBMji says it wouldn't affect my components even 1%. Help me out, please.
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:34   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am almost on the verge of buying the Blaupunkt Velocity VPA 4130 amplifier but, there is something holding me back. My current components are rated as 60watts RMS while this amplifier gives 130watts RMS per channel in the same 4 ohm impedance. Do I risk anything here? The gains would be set carefully.
LBMji says it wouldn't affect my components even 1%. Help me out, please.
LBM is right. The importance of wattage ratings is overrated!
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:02   #98
Senior - BHPian

hello friends,

I have a Fiesta 1.6 SXI with Stock ICE, i just want to add a Amplifier to my ICE without adding or modifying the existing front & rear speakers,

i have shortlisted Sony XM-GTX6042, could anyone of you please suggest the benefits of amplifier, how will it be fitted and installing only a amplifier will serve a purpose
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:05   #99
BHPian

Thanks. So, this is probably the amplifier I shall buy. The subwoofer I am thinking alongside it is the Ground Zero GZRW 12 XD-AL.
The subwoofer is rated at 500Watts RMS and I shall give it 400 Watts RMS of this amplifier. Would it work nicely or would it be underpowered. This question arises mainly because 100 Watts RMS sounds a lot!
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:28   #100
Senior - BHPian

As per your listening tastes you will not be using not more than 200 watts !!!
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:35   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
As per your listening tastes you will not be using not more than 200 watts !!!
You know what Sirji, this is surely gonna get exciting!
There comes a time when you like to go all-out and test some SPL. I think this setup shall let me do just that.
What do you say?
Old 7th August 2010, 17:25   #102
BHPian

Okay, the amplifier is going to be the Blaupunkt Velocity VPA4130 Pro. I had a query regarding line out converters.
In my case, I would be using the stock head unit as of now. I will use the front channels of the amplifier for the front components and rear channels for the subwoofer in bridged mode. Now, would I be needing a line out converter? If yes, please tell me how many? Where would they be connected?
My installer is asking for 1250 rupees for one Rockford Fosgate line out converter. Any other brand I should look for?
Old 10th August 2010, 00:48   #103
Senior - BHPian

abhi, a small word of advice. Whatever you do, replace the HU first. It is an utter piece of crap and will not let your other components play to even 10% of their true potential. I just ICE-ed my car and just like you I had plans of retaining the OE HU. The difference between the OE HU and a good aftermarket HU is like chalk and cheese. Junk the OE HU first and get an HU with proper pre-outs.
Old 10th August 2010, 09:02   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
abhi, a small word of advice. Whatever you do, replace the HU first. It is an utter piece of crap and will not let your other components play to even 10% of their true potential. I just ICE-ed my car and just like you I had plans of retaining the OE HU. The difference between the OE HU and a good aftermarket HU is like chalk and cheese. Junk the OE HU first and get an HU with proper pre-outs.
Very true. Till you change you HU, whatever speakers and Amps you put, it wont play to its potential.

An alternative would be to opt for Signal processors (if you want to preserve the Stock look of your Dash)
Old 10th August 2010, 12:59   #105
BHPian

Thanks for your advices. But, as of now, it IS going to be the stock headunit. Please clear my relevant doubts regarding Line-out converters. Please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks