Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2010, 18:31   #121
Senior - BHPian

Why not the JL Cleansweep DSP Processor?

CL441DSP - JL Audio CleanSweep Car OEM Interface / Processor

Its got two 8V preout. Even if you split the signals i dont think it will be bad.

Also got DSP and nice equilizers to fiddle around
Old 16th August 2010, 18:33   #122
BHPian

The reason is- looks!
I mean, honestly, I haven't come across any Headunit till now that would gel well with the dashboard.
Other than that, dad doesn't want to lose the ''original'' look.
Plus, I am completely sold on the 3sixty.2. It's got so many tuning options to keep me happy.
We can very well reuse it for years to come (read cars to come).
You can do one thing. Upload some nice looking Headunits by Alpine, kenwood, pioneer (in order of preference) that are fit in double din slots, irrespective of whether they are single din or double din.
Maybe this would help change my dad's perception.

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 16th August 2010 at 18:36.
Old 17th August 2010, 20:54   #123
BHPian

Okay, another question, do the signal processors help boosting the Bass frequencies?
I am talking about the likes of Cleansweep, 3Sixty.1, 3Sixty.2, Alpine PXE H650
Old 17th August 2010, 22:29   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Okay, another question, do the signal processors help boosting the Bass frequencies?
I am talking about the likes of Cleansweep, 3Sixty.1, 3Sixty.2, Alpine PXE H650
Generally its called as lower frequencies.
AFIK, Signal processors don't boost any frequency, rather they only process the frequency as you want, which can be anything from choosing the Xovers ( low Pass, high pass, bandpass)to adjusting slopes, changing Phase, tweaking equalizers, converting line output to preouts etc...

Boosting of any frequency is nothing but amplifying the signal - This is done by an External Amplifier or Internal Amplifier (inside HU)

So all your above mentioned processors dont boost anything and you will need an amp in most probability
Old 18th August 2010, 11:21   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
... adjusting slopes, changing Phase, tweaking equalizers, converting line output to preouts etc...
What @abhipuru16 wants is done exactly with that - tweaking the equalizer to increase the signal (boost) in the band that one wants.

Amplifiers just equally amplify whatever signal is given to it - they don't selectively amplify. Well, almost - linear response in amplification is difficult to achieve, and to most people not desirable; this was the differentiator by a company call Quad a long time back - "amplifier that behaves like a straight copper wire, only increased level". The slight non-linearity in response is what defines the basic character - the sound signature specific to an amp.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:18   #126
BHPian

Quite suprisingly, I am unable to find final discounted prices for the following Sound Processors-
1. 3sixty.2
2. Alpine PXE H650
Nobody seems interested.
My preferred installer is more inclined towards selling me the Infinity IMS or the MS-8.
Whom to contact? What to do?
Old 18th August 2010, 19:50   #127
Senior - BHPian

What you need to do is get up from your armchair, go out and 'smell the coffee'. You need to go to different installers and politely ask them at what price can they get you the 3sixty.2! The nearest one is in Freedabad itself (you know who), and there are some more within 50Km in Delhi.
Old 18th August 2010, 22:15   #128
BHPian

I know what you're trying to say.
And yes, the one nearest to my place finally told me the price.
The others in Delhi are out of the league if they can't declare the price upfront.
I mean I have my studies going on as well so it is impossible for me to spend hours into enquiring.

Frankly Der Alteji, what according to you would be a good price for the 3sixty.2 which has an MRP of 40K?
I am quite new to this ''world''.
Old 19th August 2010, 10:40   #129
Senior - BHPian

Arey bhaya, one gets more time to run around and scan when studying than when one is working. And you have to make out the time instead of expecting discounts to come your way without putting in effort. You have to understand commercial / market priorities and tactics.

If the MRP is 40K, what price someone will give you at will depend on how many pieces a dealer expects to sell. More the sales, more stable the price will be based on a margin that is comfortable for the dealer. If the sales is not much, the dealer may even cut his loss (money held up) and give it to you at a lower price. Or, if he senses so by looking at you, quote a nominal discount and make some money. All that depends on a face to face interaction, and how you approach it with them.

Most of the time trust works better than perpetual attempts at minimizing the purchase price. Works especially well when you intend to have a long relationship with a trustworthy dealer. Dealer will be happy with the margin that he is able to make, and you will be happy with a lot of tangibles / intangibles that you will get from the relationship.
Old 13th October 2010, 23:19   #130
BHPian

I am sorry for I went off-radar all this while, well, couldn't help it, had semester exams.
Good news. The show is up and running, the car shall be ICEd tomorrow.
The amplifier is chosen to be
Velocity VPA4130 Pro.
What is confusing is the selection of a subwoofer.
I am torn between Rockford, Ground Zero 30T and Infinity 1240SE.
Any +es and -es about the above would help.
I need something that can handle 400 Watts RMS.
Old 14th October 2010, 00:27   #131
BHPian

Plus, I need to know about which brand of Speaker Wires and RCAs to go for.
What gauge of power wiring provided the amplifier is rated at 130W X 4 RMS?
Old 14th October 2010, 08:18   #132
BHPian

abhipuru16, please tel us what is your budget for the Sub-woofer??
Old 14th October 2010, 10:11   #133
BHPian

@abhipuru16
For <5k, Blaupunkt GTw 1200 is a fantastic choice.
For 5k - 10k, go for the iD CTX.
For ~11k, get the Infinity Kappa 120.9

Use any decent quality 16-gauge speaker wire. You can use 12-gauge for the sub. Kicker is a popular choice but costs around 100 bucks a meter. RCA's, you can get genuine 4-channel Scosche kit for around 1k.
Old 14th October 2010, 13:20   #134
BHPian

Scosche 4 channel kit for 1000 bucks, bus?
What all would this kit have?

My installer, as of now has only Rockford Fosgate wiring and damping material. He says the distributors for other brands changed recently so it will take a week for other brands to arrive.
Should I go ahead with Rockford Fosgate wiring (for speakers and RCAs) and damping?
By the way, the install got cancelled today due to ''shortage of labour''. DAMN!
Regarding the subwoofer, I am keeping Rockford aside because they seem to be overpriced. Infinity and Ground Zero is what is in my mind.
In Infinity, I have heard only good things about 1240SE and Kappa 120.9.
Image Dynamics is, I think, not available with my installer. In Ground Zero, 30T is what I shall pick, but is it reliable because even on the forum there were reports about blown voice coils etc. in Ground Zero?
My budget for the subwoofer is something like 12 to 13000.
Old 16th October 2010, 22:47   #135
BHPian

What should be the amperage of the fuse that must be used with my Amplifier - Velocity VPA 4130
which is rated as
130Watts RMS X 4?

Plus, the question in the post above remains.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks