Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2006, 11:21   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
...Here in T-BHP,i believe Gurus like especially Navinji don't consider Pioneer HU's is coz his tastes are more laid back sort of music where he considers the Pioneers a bit forward or bright which is not exactly his cup of tea. ....
Yes I find some of the Pioneers a bit more forward than Alpine. But the first reason I did prefered Alipines over Pioneers was the respective company's attitude to India. Pioneer was selling HUs in India for a long time via grey market channels. Pioneer knew that the HUs bought in Dubai and Singapore were headed for India but figured that they can dump stuff in India and not be obliged to offer sales support (although they did have service) and hence if any HU had a problem the service center could charge the owner despite it being less than 1 year old (since almost everything sold in India was grey).

Alpine had a great run of HUs in the 983x series. The 985x series have reported problems though I have not come across one in India. That said it was often easier to recommend Alpine as almost all their HUs sounded good. With Pioneer it was a debate from model to model with only their premium products sounding acceptable. Similarly I an hearing/reading reports that Alpine's new range of amps is not as smooth sounding as their older models.

I do prefer a more laid back sound than most. I hope this is clear as I repeat this as often as possible. That is why it always advisable to listen (I mean really listen) to the HU in your car with your speakers and amps etc...
Old 17th June 2006, 03:24   #107
BHPian

Heei all,

Can anyone provide me with hte price for below HU's in bangalore....
1) Pioneer DEH-P6800MP
2) Pioneer DEH-P7800MP

3) Alpine CDA-9855
4) Alpine CDA-9856
5) Alpine CDA-9857

Which sony model is to compete with these above?? .. tell me the model number and price.......

If any other good ones which i have missed in the list ... please gimme the model number and price .. Actually 'm planning for one from US...
Old 23rd June 2006, 16:00   #108
Senior - BHPian

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/sho...UNERS/PIONEER/

a very interesting HU frm Pio...Car Audio MP3 CD Tuner with Bluetooth & 10 Colour Illumination & Display, Bluetooth Handsfree Integrated, Experience new levels of driving freedom
Old 24th June 2006, 03:10   #109
Senior - BHPian

It is a uk model might not be avaliable here in india. But one can connect the HU using the bluetooth adapter soon coming.........
Old 24th June 2006, 13:13   #110
BANNED

What's the big benefit of having blutooth enabled HU?? Other than the phone thingy??

Pl shed some light on this.

Last edited by speedzak : 24th June 2006 at 13:14.
Old 24th June 2006, 13:21   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
What's the big benefit of having blutooth enabled HU?? Other than the phone thingy??
Theoretically, you should be able to stream mp3 music from your cellphone to your HU. Implementation is another thing though. I dont think BT is meant for high bandwidth streaming... but maybe its fine for compressed stuff like MP3... lets see how this shapes up..
Old 24th June 2006, 21:47   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak

Pl shed some light on this.
and use the stereo as handsfree!
Old 24th June 2006, 21:50   #113
BHPian

yep.. i dont think it will work for wav files.. or stuff from the computer in uncompressed format..
thats because the transfer rates with bluetooth never excede 200 odd k a sec .. and this between 2 apple laptops with buletooth ver 2 ( To play in True Hi fidelity like .wav files we need transfer rates of around 1.2 Mb a second )...and that too kept NO more than 7 inches apart.. and its not possible to play WAv files over BT cause the bandwidth is not enough..tried that already... bro gunbir you are DEAD right...but 200 K a second is more than enough to play even the best quality Mp3..so it will definately work with mp3.. hope this helped..
Boom

Last edited by Tool : 24th June 2006 at 21:56.
Old 25th June 2006, 17:50   #114
Senior - BHPian

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront...ogId=74&Page=1

the site even has links for HU/Speakers etc for India!
Old 25th June 2006, 18:23   #115
BHPian

Guys,

Check out the New Pioneer ICE power FD Class Amplifiers small footprint, efficient high power amplifiers.

PRS-D400 : 4 channel, 75WX4 / 300W X 2

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/product_de...onomy_id=25-29

PRS-D200 : 2 channel, 150WX2 / 600W X 1

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/product_de...onomy_id=25-29

Shortly PRS-D1000M mono is also rolling out

Looks promising with low distortion and good S/N ratio of 100dB, small footprint of 12"X2.2"X8", very light at around 3Kgs, one side cabling management.

ICE power was developed by Dr. Karsten Nielsen in collaboration with Bang & Olufsen (B&O).

My first introduction to ICE power technology was by Jeff Rowland Amplifiers 2 years back. The sound quality is quite close to Class AB, amps are lighter and smaller than Class AB ones as you don't need large heatsinks because of lesser heat generation.

But I still prefer Class A and AB over the other designs

In car audio Eclipse was the first one to use this technology. They used it in their DA7122 & DA7232 mono subwoofer amplifiers, Now their entire new XA range is also based on ICE power.

Last edited by Autophile : 25th June 2006 at 18:27.
Old 26th June 2006, 17:51   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Theoretically, you should be able to stream mp3 music from your cellphone to your HU. Implementation is another thing though. I dont think BT is meant for high bandwidth streaming... but maybe its fine for compressed stuff like MP3... lets see how this shapes up..
so theoretically you can use the hu as a handsfree unit for you cell... but what abt the microphone ?
Old 26th June 2006, 17:54   #117
Senior - BHPian

Of the phone will works...... It will send only voice to the HU.......
Old 26th June 2006, 17:54   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
so theoretically you can use the hu as a handsfree unit for you cell... but what abt the microphone ?
maybe taht would be the mobile's mic and you do get mic for some Pio HU for setting the sound balancing or so.

Think it will display caller name/no too. In most cases, the phone will be on a holder. Teh music is muted when a call comes. maybe there are options for making a call too (voice activated).

do check teh link. Its very interesting http://www.pioneer.co.uk/files/eur/DEHP70BT/index.html

Last edited by jkdas : 26th June 2006 at 18:12.
Old 26th June 2006, 17:56   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
maybe taht would be the mobile's mic and you do get mic for some Pio HU for setting the sound balancing or so.

hmm interesting but if we have to use the handset's mic then it is completely useless as the phone will still be in yr hand ... so ... hmm
Old 26th June 2006, 18:16   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas

Think it will display caller name/no too. In most cases, the phone will be on a holder. Teh music is muted when a call comes. maybe there are options for making a call too (voice activated).

do check teh link. Its very interesting http://www.pioneer.co.uk/files/eur/DEHP70BT/index.html
http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_...onomy_id=25-38

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks