Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 19:46   #16
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran View Post
Mee too worried about the issues (if any) after the door panels are opened for sunfilming. The Toyota dealer already warned, they will not be responsible if the door panels are opened for any reasons. Now in dilemma to go with 3M or with the dealer for doing the sunfilming. However the dealer charges 75% more for the same film and same labour.
For my installation, they just removed one rubber beading. No screws were removed and no tools used anywhere on the door. It was a neat and clean installation, I was there next to them for the entire duration keeping a watch.

About the dealer's statement, if I am not wrong, more than 60% go for sun-films from outside, I don't think they can deny warranty for any issues not related to a bad install during the sun-film installation.

Only problems I can foresee are some rattles, door-speaker problems & power window problems.

My i10 install was done by HMP and in a slipshod way, almost near the open road with dust flying everywhere, and rattles came free with the package. I saw where and how the Mahindra dealer was doing the sun-film install during delivery of XUV. It was shocking, that is when I decided, anywhere but here.

Last edited by anandtheleo : 19th December 2011 at 19:49.
Old 19th December 2011, 19:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

I am waiting for this to come to Chennai. I will definitely need a treatment to my Silver streak after jan 2012. Is Linea comes under Medium or Large category.
Old 22nd December 2011, 16:23   #18
BHPian

Paint Sealant Protection done at 3M - Nungambakkam

Address:
New No 76, Kodambakkam High Road Near Valluvarkottam / Hotel Palmgrove,
Nungambakkam, Chennai - 600034

Services offered:
Car washing (incl. foam wash)
Power Shine (Car was + waxing using rotatory buff)
Paint Sealant protection (for car < 6 months & > 6 months)
Interior restore (basic & advanced)
Exterior restore (basic & advanced depending on the condition of the exterior)

Sun Film (3M)
CR Series, CS & RE series - RE series starting at 2k for RE50 goes all the way to 10k for the CS series.
Nano technology films (expensive at 15k for a range of films)

Service availed - Paint sealant protection for car less than 6 months.

Cost of Paint Sealant protection: 2995 rs + 10.3% tax (VAT) - 3303 rs - for medium sized car like SWIFT = 1 year protection.

Product bought - Quick detailer

Step 1. Water washing performed

3M Car Care (Chennai)-1-wash-bay.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-2-under-chases-washing.jpg

Step 2: Foam wash

3M Car Care (Chennai)-3-foam-wash.jpg

Step 3: Power wash

3M Car Care (Chennai)-4-power-wash.jpg

Step 4: Drying and Claying the surface to remove dirt

3M Car Care (Chennai)-5-claying.jpg

Step 5: Applying paint sealant and running the rotatory buff.

3M Car Care (Chennai)-6-applying-sealent.jpg

Step 6: Inspection & Ready to go - 2 levels of inspection with a standard check-list + Customer inspection

3M Car Care (Chennai)-7-inspection.jpg

Rating:

Dedication: 9/10
Work done: 9/10
Attention to Detail: 8/10 (I had to point out a few spots where they had to clean up & rub stuff once again)
Customer Service: 9/10
Products on Display: All meguire products were on display. I got myself quick detailer. Didnt get the microfiber cloth as I already had one.
Recommended - Yes. Do stick around to see the detailing - surely worth it.

**Rating based on my IMHO - probably my expectation & attention to detail was way above the store's expectation -- partly because i have many detailing freaks around me **

Random Pictures:

3M Car Care (Chennai)-8-products.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (Chennai)-4-foam-wash.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-9-quick-detailer.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-10-shampoo.jpg  

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd December 2011 at 22:44. Reason: Updated Contact Info as requested, thanks
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2011, 00:47   #19
BHPian

Just got paint sealent service and Sun filming from this store. Good professional attitude always brings satisfaction to the customers and so as to me. Thanks to Mr.Dushy and Prasanna for their constant checks on the process.
Paint sealent consists of exterior washing, foam wash, tar marks removal, buffing with sealent and final wax application costs around rs 2995.

Got CS35 film for sides and rear that costs about 4865. For the front got CR70 costs 7750. They have accepted to do the filming without removing side doors panels on my request. They did the job nice as well. I got two referral coupons which gives me two free foam washes if I refer any other persons with this coupons.
I was the first person to enter with my car and soon they started getting lot other cars. However, they have never shown any kind of urgency to finish my car and attend the other cars. Total time taken for both services are around 4hrs. I did not want them to do any service without my presence, hence they have accepted to give a break for my lunch time.
Finally I have returned with a satisfied face. The quality of work may be meeting expectations but the service and attitude exceeded expectations.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (Chennai)-foamwash.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-rubbing.jpg  

Old 7th January 2012, 11:20   #20
BHPian

I got this quote for the Skoda Rapid from 3M Car Care, Chennai.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
CR70 ONLY is only RECOMMENDED FOR FRONT WINDSHIELD: Rs. 7750/ (5YEARS WARRANTY)

For Side and back:
CRYSTALLINE SERIES CR 50: Rs. 16200/
(or)
CS..COLOR STABLE SERIES : Rs. 5250/
(or)
RE..REFLECTIVE : Rs. 5675/ (RE 50/ RE70)

For the 1 YEAR PAINT PROTECTION COATING It will cost Rs. 2995/(+10.3%TAX) for a SKODA RAPID. (PREVENTS CAR FROM EXTERIOR FADING AND EASY TO CLEAN WITHOUT WATER MARKS AFTER RAIN)

We also have combo offers. When you get a Sun Control Film you get 10% off on the Paint Sealant program(1 YEAR PAINT PROTECTION COATING ).
ALL THE SUNFILM PRICES ARE INCLUSIVE OF VAT.
----------------------------------------------------

3M CAR CARE NUNGAMBAKKAM CHENNAI
+91 9940574321
Old 7th January 2012, 13:26   #21
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitmoses View Post
I got this quote for the Skoda Rapid from 3M Car Care, Chennai.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
CR70 ONLY is only RECOMMENDED FOR FRONT WINDSHIELD: Rs. 7750/ (5YEARS WARRANTY)

For Side and back:
CRYSTALLINE SERIES CR 50: Rs. 16200/
(or)
CS..COLOR STABLE SERIES : Rs. 5250/
(or)
RE..REFLECTIVE : Rs. 5675/ (RE 50/ RE70)

For the 1 YEAR PAINT PROTECTION COATING It will cost Rs. 2995/(+10.3%TAX) for a SKODA RAPID. (PREVENTS CAR FROM EXTERIOR FADING AND EASY TO CLEAN WITHOUT WATER MARKS AFTER RAIN)

We also have combo offers. When you get a Sun Control Film you get 10% off on the Paint Sealant program(1 YEAR PAINT PROTECTION COATING ).
ALL THE SUNFILM PRICES ARE INCLUSIVE OF VAT.
----------------------------------------------------

3M CAR CARE NUNGAMBAKKAM CHENNAI
+91 9940574321
Got the same quote for the Ford Fiesta. Will be taking the car tomorrow at 10.30 am. Any BHPians expected tomorrow?
Old 9th January 2012, 20:34   #22
BHPian

@MutantX and @Kiran (and all others who did the paint sealant at @3M.
Did you think about the 3 step treatment at Privelage Carz Spa?

If yes, any reason why you picked 3M paints sealant program as the process seems same. Am looking for such a treatment on my friends Swift
Old 9th January 2012, 20:47   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
@MutantX and @Kiran (and all others who did the paint sealant at @3M.
Did you think about the 3 step treatment at Privelage Carz Spa?

If yes, any reason why you picked 3M paints sealant program as the process seems same. Am looking for such a treatment on my friends Swift
Sridhar, how old is your car?

Rubbing and polishing is not recommended for a new car and hence opted for paint sealant protection. The paint sealant protection is a good step towards protecting your painted surface. Water beading is perfect and wiping off bird poo is a breeze. Since mine was a new car, the paint sealant that I did was more of a precaution and to protect the paint surface.

MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 21:32   #24
BHPian

Thanks MutantX
My friend's swift is 4 days old. Had spoken to Pavan of Carz spa earlier for and he was suggesting a 3 step coating (Cleaning + claying + wax sealant) for new cars. This is not very dissimilar to what is done by 3M for new cars as well and offers the same features that provides good water beading and easy cleaning.

There was another thread that was comparing 3M vs Waxoyl vs Wurth vs diamond brite protection for new cars and that 3M's treatment involves a rubbing compound which is going to cut through the clear coat by a few microns and it not being a paint protection in the real sense but actually a coat.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ond-brite.html

I have seen cars treated with 3M and found them to be good with water beading properties. Had similar experience with my friends accord which had undergone a 3 step treatment (which was a year old though) and hence the question
Old 10th January 2012, 12:13   #25
BHPian

Sridhar, Mine is around 4 months old car. Infact the 3M people does have two types of treatments for new cars and old cars. They have suggested to go for the old car treatment as my car showed some deep swirl marks those cant be removed by new car treatment. But they said old car treatment will also involve some sand polishing. I was not sure what the sand polishing, as I understand that after that polish the new glow of the car will vanish forever. Hence I just asked them to do only new car treatment.
About Privilege car spa: I did not consider as I knew very less about them and 3M has been the place where people were trained and most sought place in B'lore as well.
kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 10:04   #26
BHPian

folks,I got this quote.

CR70 Sunfilm - Rs 7750 (front wind screen alone,5 Yrs warranty)
Underbody coating - Rs 3195 (5 Yrs warranty)

Does the cost sounds reasonable?
Old 21st January 2012, 16:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
folks,I got this quote.

CR70 Sunfilm - Rs 7750 (front wind screen alone,5 Yrs warranty)
Underbody coating - Rs 3195 (5 Yrs warranty)

Does the cost sounds reasonable?
CR70 they charged me the same price. But I got underbody coating from Toyota showroom for 2500 for my Liva.
kiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 18:39   #28
BHPian

^^. 3M also offers a coating with 2 year warranty for Rs. 1600 odd as seen in the rate card on the first page of this thread. Have seen a lot of showrooms offer underchasis painting (mostly from Wurths) whose warranty I am not sure of.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 09:54   #29
BHPian

I got the underbody Rust Treatment done for my figo on Friday. The experience was just terrific.The guys at 3M chennai are really good and you feel that the car is in safe hands.I was charged 3500 rs for the treatment with 5 years warranty and 10 Free Inspections. Privelge Moto Mall uses Wurth which also comes with a 5 year warranty which comes to 4000 rs . I decided to go with the 3M guys mainly since they are more customer friendly.
Old 5th February 2012, 14:41   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

New Polo hopefuly coming my way at the end of next week or soon after

I intend to take it to 3M for paint protection (against UV, and hopefuly it's another barrier to pollution). Far from trying to sell it to me, the VW guys say that any further undersealing is really not required. Even so, I am going for it.

I do not know whether to use 3M sunfilm, an alternative, or simply go without. I would want the minimum density (max visible light) anyway and I think the VW glass is already UV resistant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks