Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Chennai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2013, 16:01   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (Chennai)

I had been to the 3M outlet at Santhome (near the lighthouse), right next to the Mahindra{India Garage} showroom.

Objective : 3M CR-70 sunfilm.

I had already spoken to Sundar, and fixed up an appointment for 11:00am, but was able to reach there by 10:00am. I had to wait since the sun-film guys were working on a Jetta which had an earlier appointment. I guess there is only one team who are experts on sun-film-fixing.

While I was waiting, Sundar explained about the various services offered by 3M, and also showed pics and videos on the TV which is in the customer lounge. Then he suggested getting an underbody treatment done during the waiting time. It would take an additional hour for the Jetta to be ready. I agreed after double-checking with him that this job should be over before the Jetta sun-film work finished.

I did not regret this decision at all. I got to see the team do some professional cleaning of the car. First, high-pressure water wash of the wheels/tyres, then brushing the dirt off the wheels/tyres and using some solution to remove all the dirt followed by a round of pressure-water-wash.

In parallel, another guy was power-washing the engine bay. It was then cleaned with some solution, and blow-dried using compressed air. It was looking like new once this was completed.

Now comes the interesting part : steam washing.

The chassis underside is cleaned using steam.

The Santhome outlet is one of the few 3M outlets which has a steam-wash facility. The advantages : lesser water, but more important from my perspective : ability to clean certain parts of the car without the fear of other parts of the car getting drenched in water. Eg. the guy opened the front door armed with the power-wash hose. I immediately stepped forward to tell him that he should take care not to wet the component speakers in the door. The guy acknowledged (he was wearing a protective net around his head and face ). Sundar then explained the details, as I watched the cleaning of the door beading/edges and the boot edges, without any water dripping into the boot or seats/door-pads . It seems that an entire car can be washed thoroughly with just 5 litres of water. Excellent !

The car was then left to dry for a while, after which the guys got around to work with the masking paper/tape. Then the main job of under-chassis paint spraying was carried out. This outlet does not have a lift-ram to raise the car, instead they have a pit. I got in there to take before and after pics of the under-chassis. The Jetta was ready by this time.

I went out for a quick lunch around 1:15pm. When I came back from lunch, the guys had started prep work on my car for the sun-film. That is pretty-much standard fare. They dont remove any of the glasses...all the work is done with the glasses in place all the time.

It was 4:00pm by the time I left the 3M outlet. A Sunday well-spent, I think.

I must make a mention about Sundar, who is a very enthusiastic person. He provides lucid explanations about all the services offered by 3M. His bubbling enthusiasm when going over the technical details would enthuse any listener.

Overall experience : very good !

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 15th April 2013 at 16:04.
Blue Thunder is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 17:11   #92
BHPian

I had been to the 3M outlet at Santhome near the lighthouse last Saturday. I had planned to do an interior detailing of my 9.5 year old Honda City 1.5 EXi.

I had to fix up an appointment the previous day and when I reached there met Vijay, who is one of the partners in the store. Before the interior cleaning, he explained all of the packages available.

Classic - 1200/-
Germ clean - 1990/-
Germ clean + ~ 2500/-

In Classic package, they perform a generic cleaning of the interiors using liquid cleaning agents.

Germ clean uses antimicrobial 3M foam to clean the leather seats, plastics, ceiling, door panels, and upholstery.

Germ clean + includes the germ clean package + ac vent cleaning and 5 point lubrication.

I opted for the Germ Clean package and I paid 2236 INR. It took two hours for cleaning. At any time at least 5 – 6 people were cleaning my car. The final outcome was excellent. When I got back into my car it was as good as new. The guys were very hard working and courteous. Anytime I walk to my car they will explain what they are doing at the current stage.

They even cleaned the fabric lining in my boot, the spare tire also. After the interior cleaning, they even cleaned the outside of my car with microfiber cloth and duster.

Mr. Vijay over there was very enthusiastic about cars. He was explaining the minute details that were considered while building the service outlet. The ramp has been perfectly calculated so that even a very low slung vehicle can get on the ramp with ease. He showed me lots of pictures of many classic and exotic cars which had undergone exterior, interior, underbody treatment.

Also he was showing me the paint protection film from 3m which was originally invented to be used on helicopter blades. It can be applied on car body surface from the bumper until the window sill to protect the car from the damages regularly caused by auto and two wheelers. But the cost was around 60K for swift. But many cars from Audi R8, Audi A6, BMW 7 series, Z6 to Duster have installed these films in their car.

Left my mobile at home so couldn’t click any Pictures.

I highly recommend this place mainly due to the knowledge level and dedication of every individual working there.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd May 2013 at 22:36. Reason: Extra smiley
bullet-tooth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2013, 00:36   #93
BHPian

Gurus and friends I have a query.My Santro has a few scratches everywhere and a few dents.I had approached a local paint shop guy who offered to paint the four doors bonnets all in all for 8k after removing dents n scratches.To get an opinion visited 3M Santhome met Vijay who says dont go for repaint for scratches as it will loose the smoothness and shine and if I do the paint sealant program major scratches can be covered and I just need to remove dents and paint a door and running board which have a bad hit.Kindly help if I should go for a repaint of whole thing or paint sealant program
Old 2nd October 2013, 09:45   #94
Senior - BHPian

8 year old Innova getting pampered at 3M Santhome. Thanks to the crappy Iphone camera, the pics don't do justice at all. The outcome was excellent. It was looking as if the car just rolled out of the showroom.

Services availed:

Exterior Paint Protection (Advanced)
Interior Cleaning
Under chassis Painting

Time Taken
8 Hours

A big shout out to Mr. Vijay & team for the fantastic job!

3M Car Care (Chennai)-image2091144924.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-image4141320956.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-image4208392789.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-image3453935796.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-image3173879347.jpg

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 2nd October 2013 at 10:04.
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 18:04   #95
BHPian

Took my car for the paint sealant 2 weeks before to 3M Santhome branch. As usual, professional work by Mr.Sunder and Team.

The car was cleaned using a high pressure wash, then with steam. It took a longer than the normal time due to removal of salt deposits near the plastic cladding and other areas. Though I was not there when the work was done, they had taken the work in progress pictures.

The underbody was also inspected for the anti rust treatment that was done a year back.

Throughly loved the work and a big from my side. Now the car is gleaming and it looks as if it was delivered. Sunder also helped in adding a PPF film in my diesel tank cover since it was rubbing against the body panel.
Though the bill was huge, had taken up the yearly package. Now the vehicle is covered for the next 1 year.

Sunder informed that they have been voted as No.1 PAN India. Good job. Definitely recommended for anyone using the 3M services.

Best Rgds,
Karthik
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2677.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2678.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2714.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2762.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2777.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2784.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2791.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2793.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2805.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2951.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2953.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2954.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2955.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2957.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2958.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2959.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-img_2960.jpg  

Jack Sparrow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 13:06   #96
BHPian

Done the 3M Exterior wax treatment during the weekend at 3M Virugambakam. Kudos to the guys for the wonderful workmanship. My car is 1.6 yrs old and 23k on ODO.
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care (Chennai)-20131019_164810.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-20131019_164830.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-20131019_165109.jpg  

3M Car Care (Chennai)-20131019_165140.jpg  

DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 08:38   #97
BHPian

Hi guys, Am getting my flash red GT TSI delivered this week. Would like to know about the 3M outlets in chennai for getting the paint sealent done. Is it worth it for a new car? Also what about the underbody protection as i heard polo has underbodt treatment done from factory. Anna nagar outlet seems to be near me. Is it good ? or which is the best 3M outlet in chennai.

thank you
Old 5th November 2013, 08:48   #98
Senior - BHPian

Please look no further beyond 3M Chennai. They are the best in business. You will definitely need the paint protection treatment to keep the red beauty shiny all day.

Yup, under body protection is not usually needed for all VAG cars. Since they come with a Anti corrosion warranty. However going in for the rubberized treatment at 3M should increase the road noise and heat insulation. Please consult w.r.t warranty issue before opting for it.

I frequent the Santhome outlet, the experience has so far been really good. The best part is the out let is quite spacious when compared to Kodambakkam. I have no idea about Annanagar.
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2013, 10:41   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Hi guys, Am getting my flash red GT TSI delivered this week. Would like to know about the 3M outlets in chennai for getting the paint sealent done. Is it worth it for a new car? Also what about the underbody protection as i heard polo has underbodt treatment done from factory. Anna nagar outlet seems to be near me. Is it good ? or which is the best 3M outlet in chennai.

thank you
Of all 3M stores I have visited, 3M Nungambakkam was the most professional and quality of the work is the best. They really keep up the 3M standards unlike most other outlets.

I have got Paint Sealant treatment for both my cars over there and also sun-film plus numerous foam washes.

I have been to 3M Santhome too for Germi Kleen treatment for the interiors of my 90HP and I was not as happy as I was with 3M Nungambakkam.

As some other member has pointed, 3M Nungambakkam is very low on space, and I have given the same feedback to 3M themselves directly. The Santhome one is very spacious, and the customer lounge has a better coffee machine too.

You cannot go wrong with either IMO, but my personal preference would be 3M Nungambakkam.
DRIV3R is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 01:08   #100
BHPian

Have got the GT home. Got an appointment for the paint sealent on sunday morning in 3M anna nagar as its the nearest to me. Will get back about the center on sunday with my experience as there seems no one from here has experience with the anna nagar outlet. Also contemplating the PPF (scotchgard). Has anyone got any experience with those transparent films ?
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 01:47   #101
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Will get back about the center on sunday with my experience as there seems no one from here has experience with the anna nagar outlet.
Actually I do, doc!

I had taken my uncle's i20 there to get the underbody coating (3-year) done. My experience was very positive. The centre is well managed, the staff seem to be trained professionals and the shop layout is good. The customer lounge is also a nice place to be, from where one can closely watch the work being done on the car.

I was very happy with the work done. I'm planning to take my car there for the underbody coating too.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 22:33   #102
BHPian

Can anyone let me know the price for the paint sealant & the under-body treatment for a 5-month old i20?
Old 10th January 2014, 10:12   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody know if there is a 3M Care Center in coimbatore?
Old 10th January 2014, 20:46   #104
Senior - BHPian

3M has opened up a new outlet at Nandanam, very close to Carz SPA. Looks very spacious from the outside. Has a decent parking space, unlike the Nungambakkam outlet.
Old 7th February 2014, 13:55   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
3M has opened up a new outlet at Nandanam, very close to Carz SPA. Looks very spacious from the outside. Has a decent parking space, unlike the Nungambakkam outlet.
I did visit this new outlet couple of weeks back. It is also managed by Mr. Dushy who was at the Nungambakkam outlet.

Some pictures of the new facility and their crew working on my car.

3M Car Care (Chennai)-wp_20140104_005.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-wp_20140104_007.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-wp_20140104_008.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-collage201.jpg

3M Car Care (Chennai)-wp_20140104_065.jpg
rameshnanda is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks