Team-BHP - Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/122932-tata-xenon-crew-cab-launched-downgraded-variant-xenon-xt-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutoshb (Post 4343000)
And I guess, it was the Grande's spacious but unattractive rear end, which didn't impress many.

I think it was more than just the rear end. The front looks come, ahem .. first :).

Overall, the looks of the Grande lacked that sharpness. It was way too bland. My uncle has one, and the extended family regularly make trips with full capacity, and they have not complained. It's taken enough rough roads and made many a long journey.

Regarding the power, the Grande being lighter than the Storme, the lower power would be sufficient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4343010)
I think it was more than just the rear end. The front looks come, ahem .. first :).

Overall, the looks of the Grande lacked that sharpness. It was way too bland.

Yup, it could have been sharper. If only the design team had been given an instruction to make it look sporty, but it was the opposite.

Regarding the drivability, whoever drove my Grande, preferred it over the Safari Dicor, including my wife, my drivers and my brothers. And that list included me too. The engine tuning was more city friendly.

For those who haven't seen it, here is a pic of my beloved ex.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashutoshb (Post 4343044)
Yup, it could have been sharper. If only the design team had been given an instruction to make it look sporty, but it was the opposite.

With boxy design there wasn't much room to add sporty looks on the rear side. Sumo was loosely based on the G-Wagen, while the Gurkha aped the full design, the technical aspects of G-Wagen were kept in mind while designing the Sumo as a go anywhere people mover. If you look at Gurkha and G-Wagen the rear is not as impressive as the front.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul4321 (Post 4343008)
I am unable to find either the Xenon XT 2.2 4x4 or the Xenon 3.0 4x4 on Tata’s website. All I can find is a 4x2 Tata Xenon Yodha.

Can anyone link me to a Tata website selling the Xenon 4x4?

Neither the Xenon XT 2.2 4x4 (its was BS III) nor the Xenon 3.0 4x4 are on sale anymore. They are on the drawing board and we will see a updated Xenon soon.

Just saw a brand new Tata Xenon DLE this afternoon on my way home with Rear Defogger and Limited Slip Differential sticker at the back. So, decided to check out the Tata Motors website regarding the same, and came across this webpage.

TATA XENON 2.2LT CREW CAB
Features:-
3L DiCOR Turbocharged Engine
86KW (140BHP) Power ; 320NM Torque
120KMPH Top Speed
Bucket Seats with Headrest and Lumbar Support
Power Steering with adjustable column
Mobile Charging Point
Motorised Headlamp
Collapsible Steering Column
Door Intrusion Beams
Disc Brakes
Tubeless Tyres
Provision for Fog Lamps
1Ton Payload
Limited Slip Differential

Specifications:-
2.2L DiCOR BS4 Engine
65L Fuel Tank Capacity
2800Kg GVW
900Kg Payload
1900Kg Kerb Weight
Single Plate Dry Friction type 240mm Dia Clutch
Power Steering
215/75 R16 Radial Tubeless Tyres
6m Turning Radius
3150mm Wheelbase
200mm Ground Clearance
41% Gradeability
28% Restart Gradeability
D+4 Seating Capacity
20K Engine Oil Change Interval
3 Years or 3 Lac Kilometers Warranty

Things which caught my eye:-

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-1.jpg
LSD and 4x4

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-2.jpg
ABS, Rear Defogger

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-3.jpg
ORVM Mounted Turn Indicators

Could not get a hold of it's Brochure and Interior Pics, but I believe that Xenon XT missed out on ABS and Airbags. This one at least covers some of that (note the presence of ABS sticker in 1 image). Looks like the erstwhile Xenon XT, but is Xenon ??DLE 4x4?? (can't get a clear name on zooming in the image).

If anyone gets any update on this, do update on the forum as well, along with Prices!!

I had spotted updated Xenon around a year back. well it is already on sale in Australia. If it is just a grill and bumper change then why Tata is not updating Xenon in India?

Intrestingly, Tata has another version of the Xenon crew-cab. Found these pics on Facebook, for a vehicle that was on sale @ Pattaya !

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-tatatlxenonpattaya1.jpg

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-tatatlxenonpattaya2.jpg

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-tatatlxenonpattaya3.jpg

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-tatatlxenonpattaya4.jpg

Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT-tatatlxenonpattaya5.jpg

Major issues of Xenon Crewcab :

1 Small wheel wells, you cannot fit bigger tyres.:Frustrati

2 Pathetic power steering box, very hard to repair, develops excessive play very easily.

3 Rear seating row is congested, Mahindra Bolero camper is much better in second row space.

This vehicle had the potential of the game changer but as always TATA lacks the "vision".

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdityaDeane (Post 4466279)
If anyone gets any update on this, do update on the forum as well, along with Prices!!

Found this video review of the Xenon DLE model. Has no mention of a 4x4 system though. But still gets LSD, whose controls are not mentioned specifically.

https://youtu.be/hOks09Td7XM

The ex-showroom price is Rs.7.4 Lakhs as per the reviewer. I'm moving for my new job to Manali next week, and this seems like a good buy if it gets 4x4 as well in some model, looks sexier in Black.

The vehicle looks really nice from head on and the side profile is surprisingly very proportionate for a pick up. Front 3/4 view although good, could have been better if the rear tyre were fatter.

Interiors are really basic and knowing Tata's quality in this class, the plastics would be really hard and things might age quite soon.

That long gear stick means good work out for the left forearm and hence some time saved at the gym. Expect the stick to dance at idle ( guessing ).

Rear leafsprings will ensure all occupants will feel their joints well unless travelling with a full load.

I liked it when the reviewer said " sun roof nahi hai " - what was he expecting ??

and what is a "motorised" head lamp ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdityaDeane (Post 4593603)
this seems like a good buy if it gets 4x4 as well in some model, looks sexier in Black.

Checked their website, and there is a model with the 2.2L Dicor engine which has 4x4 as well, can't get their brochure or price list anywhere though on their website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayan (Post 4593652)
what is a "motorised" head lamp ?

Headlamp Levelling through a Rotary Switch is called as a Motorised Headlamp. Very common in most of the new age cars, except my Nano!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdityaDeane (Post 4466279)
Just saw a brand new Tata Xenon DLE this afternoon on my way home with Rear Defogger and Limited Slip Differential sticker at the back.

Could not get a hold of it's Brochure and Interior Pics, but I believe that Xenon XT missed out on ABS and Airbags. This one at least covers some of that (note the presence of ABS sticker in 1 image). Looks like the erstwhile Xenon XT, but is Xenon ??DLE 4x4?? (can't get a clear name on zooming in the image).

Was just checking for the Tata Xenon Crew Cab 4x4 model on the Gevernment e-Marketplace (www.gem.gov.in) website, and found out the following about this model (no brochure still):-
Price - Rs.9,62,325/-
Features etc. - Link (includes Driver and Passenger Airbags, ABS, BS4 engine, 13.4KMPL (ARAI Mileage), AC, 148BHP/320NM engine figures, 4 cylinder engine, 5 seater, 70L fuel tank, Gradeability 38 degrees, 210mm Ground Clearance, 806L Boot Space, 235/70 R16 Alloy Wheels with tubeless tyres, Manual Transmission, 4 wheel drive, 5 speed gearbox, Power Steering, 6.5m Turning Radius, 1 year 20K Kilometers warranty, Day/Night IRVM)

Just noticed that in the BS6 era, Tata has removed Xenon branding from its pickups and is advertising with only the Yodha branding. For the commercial fleet, they seem to be going with Indian names like Intra, Yodha etc. All versions of Yodha uses the same engine now - 2.2 litre 100 bhp engine that Winger also uses. And it mentions the engine as DI engine.

Saw some youtube videos where the pickups now spot a manual gear level instead of the earlier shift on fly mechanism. Looks like BS6 prompted Tata to go back to a bygone era with non turbo charged engines and manual 4x4 transfer cases.

Quote:

Originally Posted by padmrajravi (Post 4931549)
Just noticed that in the BS6 era, Tata has removed Xenon branding from its pickups and is advertising with only the Yodha branding.

Xenon, as we used to know it is dead. Gone are the gorgeous looks, and the well-integrated loading bay. :deadhorse

This is the monstrosity that it has become. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoke7rDwl0

Can't even call this a half-hearted approach! No headrests! Thin seats without contours. I was looking at the Xenon Crewcab 4x4 as a second vehicle (white-board) to cater to carrying a lot of my stuff around. That hope was dashed and now this is seriously nowhere ideal for me.

Somebody surely gave this the stepmotherly treatment! :Frustrati