Team-BHP - Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Tata Xenon Crew-Cab launched : The Downgraded variant of Xenon XT (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/122932-tata-xenon-crew-cab-launched-downgraded-variant-xenon-xt-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by unoczar (Post 3037107)
Thanks for the invaluable advice. My parents don't know about this yet, but i'm sure they'll also say 'damaag kharaab ho gaya kya tera?'

Can you tell me more on why I should not buy this? plz..

and...

Just met the guy from TATA commercial vehicles showroom at basheerbagh. He confirms that you can definitely register it privately with a white number plate.. and total price on-road comes to 8 lakhs.
But it is BS-III, would that be a problem?

Hello there , getting a white board is not an issue,because i have a mahindra bolero camper, 4wd,please do check this thread [Goodbye to old faithful (MM540) hello to a new friend (Bolero Camper) ] which is a twin cab pick up and i got it registered from kerala after winning a case against the r.t.o.in 2009.what you really have to think about before taking the plunge is if you really need such a bulk vehicle ?The novelty of the sheer size and the thrill would fade out after some time,city driving is really next to impossible,especially if you are living in a metro, i have a plantation in wynad , so i need a vehicle like this for my estate use as well as personnel off roading which i enjoy . if you still , keen on getting the vehicle , i personally suggest it's better you keep a second small car for the city use. [i do use an alto].

Quote:

Originally Posted by desigNation (Post 3037515)
city driving is really next to impossible,especially if you are living in a metro, i have a plantation in wynad , so i need a vehicle like this for my estate use as well as personnel off roading which i enjoy.

I have been using my Xenon XT for almost last two years in Bangalore. I work in a IT organization and Xenon is my only vehicle for both onroad and offroad. I do not completely agree with the above statement that it is next to impossible to drive in metros. I have used a Vista/Alto whenever I had left my Xenon for service and felt challenged to drive them after being used to Xenon. Below are some points for consideration.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster (Post 3037395)
Yes the rear bench seat is good for 2 people only.

Please confirm about white plates.....
The suspension is actually quite good.

Also one can get CFL springs for xenon IF needed.

Safety Features ?? IMO same applies for base scorpio/safari , right ? (in MUV/SUV/Truck class)

IMO the mileage should be around 13+kmpl. (my Xenon XT with 2.2VTT returns 12+ with 100%AC:thumbs up)

Yes Length will be a issue in first month of ownership :D.

as directinjection says
No hatch nor Scorpio/Safari can match the road presence that Xenon has!

The rear bench can comfortable seat 3 people, however if you plan to drive with 3 people say, 250Km+ at a stretch then it might be bit hard as they cannot lean much due to upright position. Else it's pretty wide to accommodate decently sized 3 people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 3037115)
The suspension with an empty load bay will be bad.
No safety features.
Its extra length will translate into parking issues . But this is not exactly an issue.
Some toll booths may argue that its a commercial vehicle and try to charge you more. This is also a minor issue.

I have crossed many toll booths (40-50) in the last two years and though sometimes the agents have asked if this is a yellow board or a white board, but never argued that this was a commercial vehicle or a truck category. I have always paid what we pay for a car and for a white board without any argument.

I have seen at least 2-3 Xenon CrewCab in Bangalore in last one month with white boards, so white board should not be an issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bblost (Post 3037052)
Just one advice. Get back to your senses and buy a normal car.

I would recommend you first analyze what other factors that you like in this vehicle and how it would benefit you compared to others. Xenon is a Pickup Truck which is totally a different category from a hatchback/sedan. So be mindful. Though being a hard core fan and owner of Xenon I would not recommend you buy it unless you understand what it is meant and capable of and if that meets your criteria.

I have written my ownership review of Xenon XT which is almost the same as Xenon Pickup except for engine. So do read the review and hope it will be helpful.

Tata Xenon XT (EX 4X4) - Ownership Experience: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...xperience.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pardus (Post 3038026)
The rear bench can comfortable seat 3 people, however if you plan to drive with 3 people say, 250Km+ at a stretch then it might be bit hard as they cannot lean much due to upright position. Else it's pretty wide to accommodate decently sized 3 people.

Yes, I just did a 500+500km trip with my Family. (Me, Father, Mother & Sister)

& for such long journeys rear seat is not comfortable even for 2 people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 3019509)
Anyone own this yet? Is a BS4 option available in the crew cab variant?

Roy no BSIV option available in the crew cab variant & BSIII cannot be registered in Delhi\NCR. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by unoczar (Post 3037040)
Hello guys.

Just paid a visit to the TATA showroom in khairatabad.

Why did I go? Well, for the last few weeks I've been thinking of exchanging my swift for a bigger diesel vehicle. Looking at the Xenon CC, I think I have found what I'm looking for.

Just to confirm- It has the 3.0L DICOR engine, It does seat 5, It does have a lot of space to keep your stuff and it is a HUGE vehicle. It looks good too!

As mentioned by someone, the rear cabin is a little small and leg room can be an issue. The engine is a little loud (very loud for a person used to the calmness of a petrol engine) and the person I spoke to.. well, he did mention that I can get it with white number plates. :thumbs up

A couple of pictures my wife took with her phone:

Attachment 1048878

Attachment 1048879

Attachment 1048880

I'm supposed to meet the person later today and will update the details and confirmation of the private registration a little later.

HYD ex-showroom is 6,73,xxx. So I expect on-road to touch 8Lakhs.

Any cautions/warnings/suggestions are most welcome before i take this plunge.

PS: I'm planning a Ladakh trip too! stupid:

Unoczar Good Choice for Ladakh trip, however a 4X4 is allays better. Please keep us updated if you get the white (private) plates. Share the contact number for the dealer as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by conjon (Post 3037482)
I've been given an onroad price of 7.42lacs with free insurance from oriental insurance, by focuz motors, cochin.
The ARAI tested mileage is 17km/ltr, so should get around 14 for the 3.0 dicor.
it is possible to get it in white plates.

Conjon keep us posted if you get the white (private) plates. Share the contact number for the dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HarneetBarmy (Post 3038769)
Unoczar Good Choice for Ladakh trip, however a 4X4 is allays better. Please keep us updated if you get the white (private) plates. Share the contact number for the dealer as well.

Hi. I think some sense is getting into my head, thinking of settling for a new Dzire.

Anyways, here are details of my POC at Jasper (Auto/Ind.), Basheerbagh
Hassan Khan , 9885272999

Nice fellow, came to my house to share all details of Xenon CC. But, i guess i'll have to disappoint him. Folks at home aren't too excited on seeing this TRUCK!

Quote:

Originally Posted by directinjection (Post 3037167)
No ---- nor Scorpio/Safari can match the road presence that Xenon has!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster (Post 3037395)
No ---- nor Scorpio/Safari can match the road presence that Xenon has!

:) Agreed, but they aren't very far off either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by unoczar (Post 3039464)
Hi. I think some sense is getting into my head, thinking of settling for a new Dzire

The "New car prices, deals" would be the thread you should be heading to then, Happy shopping! :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by desigNation (Post 3037515)
The novelty of the sheer size and the thrill would fade out after some time,city driving is really next to impossible,especially if you are living in a metro, i have a plantation in wynad , so i need a vehicle like this for my estate use as well as personnel off roading which i enjoy . if you still , keen on getting the vehicle , i personally suggest it's better you keep a second small car for the city use. [i do use an alto].

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pardus (Post 3038026)
I have been using my Xenon XT for almost last two years in Bangalore. I work in a IT organization and Xenon is my only vehicle for both onroad and offroad. I do not completely agree with the above statement that it is next to impossible to drive in metros. I have used a Vista/Alto whenever I had left my Xenon for service and felt challenged to drive them after being used to Xenon. Below are some points for consideration.
  • Parking may be a problem in few instances, but not all the time.
  • Driving on roads (except too narrow) and in traffic is not an issue as I have noticed people give way easily to a bigger vehicle than a hatchback or sedan.
  • Driving position enhances your driving comfort.

+ 1 to Pardus!

My regular drive is a Scorpio Getaway which is much longer and taller than the Xenon. No issues driving in the metro.

However I do feel bad that I'm blocking so much of road space if driving alone. But that conscience attack is equally relevant if you drive any car (howsoever small or big).

Xenon might see a good competition now from Isuzu D-Max Crew cab at 8L ex-showroom. They seem to have opened a showroom in Hyderabad.

Did anyone see the D-Max CC in flesh? Any comparisons?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenren (Post 3041513)
Xenon might see a good competition now from Isuzu D-Max Crew cab at 8L ex-showroom. They seem to have opened a showroom in Hyderabad.

Did anyone see the D-Max CC in flesh? Any comparisons?

Are you saying that D-Max has been silently launched? This truck is serious business and superb hardware.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 3041548)
Are you saying that D-Max has been silently launched? This truck is serious business and superb hardware.

Yes, they've silently launched MU7 and the D-Max in Hyderabad. No one apparently knows why they are doing it silently but thats how it is for now!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-launched.html

You may want to check out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-launched.html

I spotted the Xenon crew cab with the 3L Dicor engine on my way home, today evening. It had a white registration plate with Bangalore registration (KA51). It definitely stood out from the vehicles around it.

BTW, do they still allow registration for BS3 vehicles in here or KA51 doesn't fall under the metropolitan area?

I have seen the Isuzu showroom at Jubliee Hills check post where we use to have Skoda showroom earlier i guess. they had both the pickup and MU -7 on display. Quite a silent launch.

I finally got to test the Xenon Crew Cab 3 Ltr DICOR.
It is priced between 7.8-8L OTR in KA with white board.
The one I drove was maroon and the finish was OK.
It has IFS front and Leaf rear and had skinny 215 sixe Maxxis tyres.
The front seats were excellent, gearbox was OK and pickup was moderate.
The ride was a bit harsh over sharper bumps, comparable to a Bolero/maruti van back seat .
The back seat is suitable for small folk over short distances.

In my opinion, overall its is comparable to a Bolero, not to a Scorpio.

The only thing holding me back is pathetic tata service and Tatas reputation of being a lemon factory.

Any thoughts?

Today got delivery of my Tata Xenon crew -cab 3.0L DICOR in black color clap: