Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 19:51   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The bus in the pic is a Tata bus, if I'm not mistaken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Those are Tata buses in the BEST bus picture. No AL buses in the CNG fleet use square headlamps, and the slats for cooling are peculiar to the Tata CNG buses in BEST fleet.
The bus in the picture is indeed a TATA.

Quote:
Looks like CV mag put the wrong picture!
Sadly, the pic has been stolen from my website. Does anyone have the contact details of this magazine? Would love to send them a 'love' letter for using the photo without even bothering to put a "courtesy".

The original image can be seen here.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:05   #377
Senior - BHPian

The bus is indeed a Tata as pointed out by other members. In all probalility, the additional vents below the headlamps are for ensuring air flow to the exhaust line which is present right at the front in Tata CNG buses. These vents are not found in AL CNG buses as their exhaust pipe is between the front and rear wheels. But depots are using plain sheetmetal without vents in this place whenever the OEM panel needs replacement.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:41   #378
Distinguished - BHPian

What's with the headlights of this bus ? I dont see any reason to angle these the way it is seen in the pic. Every ALL / Tata / other bus/truck I have see typically have their headlights mounted in the same plane as the front of the vehicle.

City Buses of various STUs all over India-bestcngheadlight.jpg

depressed at where the Green arrows are, and stick out where the blue arrows are.
Old 27th May 2010, 21:26   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Dust shouldn't be an issue in these buses - they run with doors closed all the time, and the windows are sealed. There are very little chances of huge quantities of dust ingress.

I've travelled 2-3 times by VOLVO city buses, and dust and dirt are problems.
Mainly because, while people get in and out of the buses, dirt/dust from there soles can be the cause. I have seen dust/dirt stained and greyish/blackish marks and dust on linings.
Quote:
The location of the fuel tank results in the raised portion inside the bus in case of a Volvo.
That is exactly the reason why I'd rather travel by a Volvo City Bus, rather than one of my dad's cars, as the cabin feels really airy, and I get a great view of the road.\
But the greatest drawbacks are -
1. We have to walk a distance to get to the bus stops.
2. We may or may not find comfy A/c buses on some routes.
3. I can't easily click pics for TBHp threads like 'Pics of weird and wacky mod jobs', 'Supercars and imports spotted in Bangalore' et al .

BTW - Sorry for posting this a bit late.
Old 27th May 2010, 21:27   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No AL buses in the CNG fleet use square headlamps, and the slats for cooling are peculiar to the Tata CNG buses in BEST fleet.
This statement is not correct. There are at least 40-50 AL CNGs which have rectangular headlamps. I had a pic of such a bus, but I deleted it during a clean up due to its poor quality.
Old 27th May 2010, 22:01   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bus in the picture is indeed a TATA.
Sadly, the pic has been stolen from my website. Does anyone have the contact details of this magazine? Would love to send them a 'love' letter for using the photo without even bothering to put a "courtesy".

These kind of mistakes are unacceptable in case of niche magazine like CV. If a daily news paper makes such a mistakes (I have seen a news paper report about Kolkatta Volvo buses with pictures of Bangalore Volvo bus) it is acceptable to some extent as they may not have dedicated reporters for the purpose and many times, the news is crafted in a very short time. I have not seen the CV magazine myself, but what about the quality of pictures?
binaiks, now you have the water mark, probably this may not happen in the future.
Old 27th May 2010, 22:36   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What's with the headlights of this bus ? I dont see any reason to angle these the way it is seen in the pic. Every ALL / Tata / other bus/truck I have see typically have their headlights mounted in the same plane as the front of the vehicle.

depressed at where the Green arrows are, and stick out where the blue arrows are.
I think the frames on either sides of the front grille are at a different plane, in a Tata chassis. For this reason, the reflectors inside the headlights are designed to compensate for the angle, and hence need to be positioned in the same fashion too, even if used on a flat front end, i guess. Found a picture posted by you sometime earlier, and which possibly hints of this angle too.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-tata1613.jpg  

Old 28th May 2010, 10:15   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Binai, I am PMing you the email id for CV magazine. Knowing Sridhar very well, am surprised this has happened, he is particular of avoiding issues such as this. Please take it up with him.
Old 28th May 2010, 13:19   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

@DKamath, sounds plausible, though it would been far more easier to use the trademark Leyland round head-lamp units.
Old 28th May 2010, 21:59   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
trademark Leyland round head-lamp units.
The newer (NEWGEN) AL buses (the ones supplied under JNNURM) dont have the round head lamp anymore,
Old 30th May 2010, 16:58   #386
BHPian

[quote=Arkin evoisrevo;1908868]I've travelled 2-3 times by VOLVO city buses, and dust and dirt are problems.
Mainly because, while people get in and out of the buses, dirt/dust from there soles can be the cause. I have seen dust/dirt stained and greyish/blackish marks and dust on linings.

quote]
Old 30th May 2010, 21:34   #387
Senior - BHPian

in mumbai, BEST JNNRUM Buses DO HAVE THE ROUND HEADLAMPS
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-05032010805.jpg  

Last edited by fx45 : 30th May 2010 at 21:36.
Old 16th June 2010, 16:25   #388
BHPian

Can somebody tell me the city buses offered from AL and Eicher? Is the Eicher ULE available on the road?
Old 20th June 2010, 09:11   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Can somebody tell me the city buses offered from AL and Eicher? Is the Eicher ULE available on the road?
There is no low entry buses in Eicher portfolio as of now in road.
AL has 3 different platform for Intracity application.
E+3 - 1080mm - Viking
E+2 - 860mm - Viking
E+1 - 635mm - Panther
E+0 - 360mm - ULE
They are available with different WB, engine options to choose from.
Aprat from this there are Titan - double decker bus and Vestibule bus.
Old 26th June 2010, 14:07   #390
BHPian

Kochi's fleet of Volvo city buses take rest on a Hartal day!!
Attached Thumbnails
City Buses of various STUs all over India-img_0065.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks