Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 22:17   #226
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the kind words buddy.
Old 17th May 2010, 21:13   #227
Senior - BHPian

Raj, this is for you

Raj, here is your Viking spotted on NH 209 in Pollachi-Palani road.
I believe they are heading towards Palani (might be even before that also to palani only as there is a drawing of peacock in windscreen)
Actually I was on a hurry and was heading towards pollachi and your bus was going in opp side. Then chased upto 3 kms and later found that it was stopped by traffic police for a paper check up. Then took some leisure pics. I was actually very happy seeing them in road
6 Cyl. Turbo + 410 Nm Torque + 7 Wheels = ? EDIT: Pics on page 7!-raj.jpg

6 Cyl. Turbo + 410 Nm Torque + 7 Wheels = ? EDIT: Pics on page 7!-raj-2.jpg

6 Cyl. Turbo + 410 Nm Torque + 7 Wheels = ? EDIT: Pics on page 7!-raj-3.jpg
Old 17th May 2010, 21:54   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Raj, here is your Viking spotted on NH 209 in Pollachi-Palani road.
Driver, Kili, Careful, TBHpiens are are watching you...
Old 17th May 2010, 22:21   #229
BHPian

Congrats Raj. Coming back to the thread after a long time. Nice to see the pictures. All the every best to you, once again.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:27   #230
Senior - BHPian

thats a spotting now! that too without a T-BHP sticker.

i am surprised how you actually recognized our bus going the opposite way so quickly. kudos. i really appreciate that you took a U-turn & chased the bus for a good distance so that you could take pics, even though you were in a hurry. thanks.

yes, it was on a palani trip, that explains the peacock & OM on the windscreen.

by the way, if you can comment:

1) how was the driver driving the bus? i mean, he is always good in my presence, so i am asking you!

2) did you like the bus when you saw it on road? how was the condition of the bus, in general?

3) any other opinions?

you can just consider this as a general feedback.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 17th May 2010 at 23:31.
Old 18th May 2010, 01:31   #231
Senior - BHPian

Easily one of the best threads on T-BHP for the informational value, and of course kudos to Raj for providing information.

Good Luck and my best wishes to your venture,Raj.

Buses look gud.

cheers
Old 18th May 2010, 17:19   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
thats a spotting now! that too without a T-BHP sticker.

i am surprised how you actually recognized our bus going the opposite way so quickly. kudos. i really appreciate that you took a U-turn & chased the bus for a good distance so that you could take pics, even though you were in a hurry. thanks.
Here my memory was correct that I spotted yours with the name Aiswarya with that font and paint design.

Quote:
by the way, if you can comment:
1) how was the driver driving the bus? i mean, he is always good in my presence, so i am asking you!
Nothing unsual he was fine in driving but I feel he was little fast as he had done that 3 kms in a very short time. ANyway no complaints on him
Quote:
2) did you like the bus when you saw it on road? how was the condition of the bus, in general?
Bus as I could see, it was understood as new one. The paint gloss was good enough to reveal the same. Thing is passengers were sitting without shirt and were fully packed. so that was little odd. But over all it was good. Especially my mother and sister liked it more as I was explaining them your story of buying Vikings
Quote:
3) any other opinions?
Ensure that the bus is cleaned and washed frequently to maintain the new feel.
Paint shade was good but was nothing great as every bodies from Prakash has some stripes running over it.
If you wish your bus to look distinct plan for a big graphics on the side body or take the stripes running over your windows till top. Its only my opinion. Other wise everything is good.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:44   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Easily one of the best threads on T-BHP for the informational value, and of course kudos to Raj for providing information.

Good Luck and my best wishes to your venture,Raj.

Buses look gud.

cheers
thanks brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Here my memory was correct that I spotted yours with the name Aiswarya with that font and paint design.
Credit for that unique font goes to my elder brother.

Quote:
Nothing unsual he was fine in driving but I feel he was little fast as he had done that 3 kms in a very short time. ANyway no complaints on him
good, i just wanted to make sure he was not rash.

Quote:
Bus as I could see, it was understood as new one. The paint gloss was good enough to reveal the same. Thing is passengers were sitting without shirt and were fully packed. so that was little odd. But over all it was good. Especially my mother and sister liked it more as I was explaining them your story of buying Vikings
thanks. maybe its because of the palani trip?!

Quote:
Ensure that the bus is cleaned and washed frequently to maintain the new feel.
the bus is cleaned thoroughly after every trip, inside & out.

Quote:
Paint shade was good but was nothing great as every bodies from Prakash has some stripes running over it.
If you wish your bus to look distinct plan for a big graphics on the side body or take the stripes running over your windows till top. Its only my opinion. Other wise everything is good.
no need for sorry buddy. you know i am a newbie & i asked your opinions for a good reason. i like those who are not hesitant to pinpoint the negatives. and i am open to criticisms. i believe thats what takes you a step further.

all your advice has been noted & i ensure that it will be taken care of, as far as possible, in our next buses.

thanks again.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 18th May 2010 at 18:49.
Old 18th May 2010, 22:11   #234
BHPian

wow wonderful spotting...happy to c that bhpians are chasing fellow bhpians...btw nice bus Raj...liked it in over all...

and btw now a days Prakash are showcasing ditto 9400 front for its new buses..
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:46   #235
BANNED

I saw one of them twice today - or probably both of them at different spots.

First was around 12 noon, about 2 KMS from Haripad towards Tvm side, near the KTDC "biyar" parlour. It was parked facing Tvm side (south).

Second was around 3.30 PM, and it parked facing North (Alleppey side) near the turn off to Karthikapanny (forgot name of the junction on NH 47).

On both occasions, the bus was parked, facing same direction as I am going.
Old 23rd May 2010, 21:59   #236
Senior - BHPian

feels good to know that the bus is being spotted frequently, especially by guys who helped me a lot in the bus buying & building decision of mine.
Old 24th May 2010, 00:07   #237
BHPian

Quote:
feels good to know that the bus is being spotted frequently, especially by guys who helped me a lot in the bus buying & building decision of mine.
Had a question for you. What is the typical service life for a coach like yours. I mean how long do you expect to run profitably before excessive maintenance costs catch up with you.
Old 24th May 2010, 09:35   #238
Senior - BHPian

Now, i have seen many buses which are almost 10 years old & still being used.

we expect to use this bus for 5-6 years & then sell it off, of course, if we have recovered the initial investment.
Old 30th May 2010, 19:41   #239
BHPian

Hi Raj!

We have 2 Ashok leyland buses up in Delhi running on CNG.
Both are 7+ years old and running fine. The mainitainance costs are moreover the same what used to be in the initial years. Average CNG consumption is 3.5 KMPL.

What we have noticed is that if you use genuine parts it will last longer. Oil and water levels need to be checked religiously along with regular service. Even if you are not servicing your vehicle at authorized service station make sure you use genuine parts.
Duplicate parts are ripped apart within a matter of weeks.
For small works like changing the UJ cross, brake parts etc. we have local mechanics, but we give them original parts.

Make sure all works are done in front of you even in authorised service station. The mechanics at the AL service centres can remove small expensive items, fit damaged or broken parts and ask for replacements from you.

The market here prefers TATA over AL and the resale difference is 1 lakhs or above depending on the type of body and condition.
We are yet to experiance a TATA ownership. May be the next one.

cheers!
Old 7th June 2010, 13:20   #240
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for the advice brother. we do the services only in authorised showrooms & we will use only genuine parts, thats a given.

Meanwhile, our buses went to the A.S.S for the 8000kms scheduled services. Nothing was charged from us.

The only problems we had with our buses so far has been with-
1) front brakes overheating- has been solved by the A.S.S.
2) air suspension fitted by the A.S.S- has been giving too many issues. In one particular trip, the air in one of the buses leaked out from the left side making the bus tilt completely to the left, thus stranding the passengers on the road. however, we managed to quickly arrange for another bus & transported the passengers in time. but we ended up with a bad reputation. this is not we expect of a reputed product (wheels india) which we got fitted from the A.S.S (TVS) for which we shelled out Rs. 15,000 more than the other products in the market.

even now, there is a noticeable difference in the ride height of both the buses. we are sending both the buses to TVA again to sort this issue once & for all.

Pics below to show the difference in height. Please ignore the watch dog!
Attached Thumbnails
6 Cyl. Turbo + 410 Nm Torque + 7 Wheels = ? EDIT: Pics on page 7!-dsc_0189.jpg  

6 Cyl. Turbo + 410 Nm Torque + 7 Wheels = ? EDIT: Pics on page 7!-dsc_0190.jpg  

Last edited by raj_5004 : 7th June 2010 at 13:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks