Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2010, 15:47   #31
BHPian

@n.devdath: My ownership office is in Singapore & my partners & bansk are also in Singapore. Thus the preference for english names.

@SVsantosh: amtke has replied (Tax my friend can be very T-A-X-I-N-G) That's y India has one of teh lowest registartion rate.

@Madhav: Officers made me install 56 cm (something closer) Plasma TV with yamaha surround system (I could have bought extra spares in that much money). One has to pamper them so that theyo keep your ships in shipshape.

@Nirmaljustdoit: DEFINATELY. Team-bhp sticker in the control room.

@deutscheafrikar: Single stroke (Only Doxford use to make double stroke engines)

@Gilead: Crew is mix of Indian officers, Ukrainian Engineers & Indian + Filipino crew. Ships commercial part is quite complex & one never knows when ship's may have to cross somalian coast. Our ships cross in daylight & under UN navy convoy. Better safe than sorry.
Old 5th February 2010, 15:55   #32
BHPian

@n.devnath: My ownership office is registered in Singapore. Also my partners & banks are Singaporeans. Thus the english names.

@svsantosh: 07 MT (+/- 2 MT) of heavy oil per day @ Sea. She is Bulker

@nirmaljustdoit: Team-BHP sticker on my ships. Wow u gave me reason to flaunt my brotherhood.

@archish: That is better left to our bankers.

@deutscheafrikar: Its single stroke. (Doxfrd was an englisg co that use to mae twin stroke marine engines but they are not comercially considered anymore)

@Gilead: Officers-Indians, Engineers-Ukrainians, Crew is mix of Indians & Filipinos.
Old 5th February 2010, 17:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaypalsingh View Post
OIL TANKER
Puchase date: 16th Oct 2009
Vijay, What does the 'S' on the blue funnel signify? What's the name of this tanker? What is the speed?
regards
Old 5th February 2010, 17:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

Well, I am lost for words after seeing those pictures.
And, let me take some time to digest all those BHP figures!
Old 5th February 2010, 18:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaypalsingh View Post
@deutscheafrikar: Single stroke (Only Doxford use to make double stroke engines).
@deutscheafrikar: Its single stroke. (Doxfrd was an englisg co that use to mae twin stroke marine engines but they are not comercially considered anymore)
Vijay, By (Single stroke) do you mean one suction stroke when the piston goes down, followed by a compression stroke when it goes back upwards?. Will your tanker engine run in reverse to move your ship backwards or will the propeller adjust?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2010 at 20:39. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 5th February 2010, 18:58   #36
BHPian

Nice vessel you bought there brother.Some Questions.
*What system you got for steering-robtrack?cjoy?
*Any information about bilge pumps
*What is the gross tonnage
*How about steering?DOes it steer steady?Any pitch and roll issues?
*What is the delta draft?
*what gyro and echosounder you have?
*what is the maximum speed on papers
Old 5th February 2010, 19:21   #37
BHPian

I know pricing is a wrong question but I would like to phrase it in a different way for my curiosity and I am sure everyone's knowledge.

Q. How do you go about actually buying these things? Who insures this?
Q. What is the price band in which such ships are sold.. What does it cost brand new and how much can you expect to sell it for?
Q. How long do you plan to keep this? What is the average life remaining when the maintenance costs get too high?

If you feel its still not right to ask then pls use relative values. i.e 0.6x for second hand etc..

Thanks and salutations..
ThE_DoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2010, 20:08   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_DoN View Post
I know pricing is a wrong question but I would like to phrase it in a different way for my curiosity and I am sure everyone's knowledge.

Q. How do you go about actually buying these things? Who insures this?
Q. What is the price band in which such ships are sold.. What does it cost brand new and how much can you expect to sell it for?
Q. How long do you plan to keep this? What is the average life remaining when the maintenance costs get too high?

If you feel its still not right to ask then pls use relative values. i.e 0.6x for second hand etc..

Thanks and salutations..
I can answer this on his behalf.Since i know little bit about this cause i am a sailor.
To be general it costs millions for a new build one. The company i work for is having 7 ships build at the moment.4 in spain and 3 in dubai.A ship never gets old my friend provided it goes for prescribes intervals of dry docking. Once the engine set up is done you can manipulate the drawing ,make some plans,adds antenna masts,make extra cabins as per your customization. The ship i am driving right now while i am replying to this thread is 11 years old and it rides better than the new builds.
About selling part i am not an expert but as per the field i am in which says oil exploration.When the oil prices gets better,economy gets high,and business gets stronger the companies doesnt think even once how much it cost if it solves the purpose.
The average cost of running(Just running including groveries,fueling,Licensed softwares /systems,Internet) my ship for 1 month is 4000000.Yes you get it right.I have recounted the zeroes before typing.So you can imagine the scale.And i am sure company replenish the same amount working for just 1 day for a client.
Car-e-ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2010, 20:15   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

The scale from 100 bhp to 15000 bhp needs some digesting ! Please keep updating this thread.
Old 5th February 2010, 20:50   #40
~~h
BHPian

Wow.. That's really awesome.
Since you posted the Control Panel, how do you steer the ship ? joystick or just key in the co-ordinates?
Old 5th February 2010, 21:26   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
I can answer this on his behalf.Since i know little bit about this cause i am a sailor.A ship never gets old my friend provided it goes for prescribes intervals of dry docking.
The ship i am driving right now while i am replying to this thread is 11 years old and it rides better than the new builds. .
So what Kind of Ship are you SailinG?
Is that right? Do ships never get old then if looked after. Isn't there something called fatigue of the material ?
Old 5th February 2010, 22:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

Nice buy vijay. Looks great and best of luck for your future buys. Always loved ships and i hope that sometime in the future i could buy a boat if not a ship!

Got a query. You said that ships do sail under UN convoy in the somalian stretch. But how is it that few ships still end up in the wrong hands?
Old 6th February 2010, 00:24   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
So what Kind of Ship are you SailinG?
Is that right? Do ships never get old then if looked after. Isn't there something called fatigue of the material ?
I am sailing in a Motor vessel.Its a seismic research vessel to explore oil.
Ships do get older ,and they do get scraped but if theres a question about faitgue of the material,then i must say the quality of the material is beyond explanation.I mean when to alabama i saw this War ship used in the Second world war. And it was an old ship since then now its parked somewhere in alabama and they have made a museum besides that.Since its an antique now.I have the photos with me of the ship my friend.You see that and you will say theres nothing wrong with the ship.It looks like its ready for war again.The canons and anchor chains are something to die for.and around 1000 people use to work in there.Its just like the whole setup is obsoleted and so is the warfare everything is automatic now.So instead of fixing the ship they let it stay in the museum as an antique.
At a certain time the ship has to go to dry docking thats when they lift the ship up from water and check everything.And thats the time all the discrepancies gets rectified and after a month job on ship its almost like brand new.However if the ship is poorly maintained by the company it is subjected to get screwed up after some amount of time cause of obvious reasons.
Car-e-ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2010, 01:20   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Nice buy vijay. Looks great and best of luck for your future buys. Always loved ships and i hope that sometime in the future i could buy a boat if not a ship!

Got a query. You said that ships do sail under UN convoy in the somalian stretch. But how is it that few ships still end up in the wrong hands?
I am not vijay but i do have a reply for your query.Its a long stretch my friend.Its too hard to protect each and every ship.There is always a window of "things getting wrong" .A better example can be is the indo pak border.Its such a small area its just a border line.And its protected all the time but infiltration still happens.However we are talking about sea now.Moreover pirates have their radars off all the time.Its too hard to detect them.In the night its get too dark in the sea and in the horizon to see or detect anything.So you can imagine in a big ship if atleast one of the pirate is able to climp up to the ship with a gun then thats it end of story.The ship is captured.
Old 6th February 2010, 13:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Someting entirely new finally! Congrats on the purchase . BTW do you own any yachts/speedboats?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks