Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 15:22   #76
BHPian

When are they launching this Tata Venture?

When are they launching this Tata Venture? My Father In-law is keep asking me ever since he seen it in Auto-Expo photos and Test drive photos. He wants the 3rd rows to be folded completely (two fold), so he can use it for taking goods to his shop. And take the family of 7 to tour.

He was hoocked to EEckho but turned down.

Indica had 1.4 litre engine right? then from where did this 1.5 L Dicor had come?

THouhg, I would prefer Quadrajet 90 bhp, R15 /185 tyres, ABS, Airbag 7Lacs on Road for my personal use. That will be an upgrade from my Santro
Old 26th August 2010, 20:01   #77
BHPian

guys, did any one noticed???

Artist's impression shows 3+3 seats at the middle and back, where as the actual pics from auto expo 2010 pics shows only 2 seats in the middle row.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-2010-a-7.html

I am confused!!!!
Old 26th August 2010, 21:26   #78
BHPian

From what we've been shown and told so far on paper and screen, it seems like a worthy competitor to the Eeco. I don't think they'll be able to match the pricing though, unless there's also a petrol version with the Xeta 1.2L petrol engine. The diesel is likely the improved CR4 DiCOR from the eCS. Boring it out to 1.5L would improve the low-end torque, which is preferable over outright power for a people carrier.

I think the interiors look great, and there's no reason why it shouldn't be as good as the pictures show. Tata's interior quality has improved leaps and bounds of late. The latest Vista and Manza have interiors that's par for the range. The Venture's interiors which seems to be from the Vista in the pics, which is miles ahead of the Alto-level interiors of the Eeco. Personally, I think it's juvenile and waspish to suggest that the interiors will be bad, before anyone has even seen what a production version or even the test vehicles' interiors are like. Let's wait and see. I refuse to pass judgement on it before it's launched and tested.

I don't think ABS and airbags will be on offer. It's just not done in this segment, and most buyers are likely to opt for creature comforts over safety. Just look at how few buyers opt for ABS/SRS even when its offered as an option. And even when they opt for it, most buyers are unaware of correct usage. For e.g. A friend's friend totalled a new Manza Aura+, colliding head-on with a Tempo Traveller while overtaking at 120kph+. The driver/owner was okay because he was wearing seatbelt, but the front seat passenger was severely injured because he wasn't strapped in, and the airbags deployed. The car was a total loss but everyone survived. Then they had the audacity to blame it on the car, and swore off Tatas because they weren't well designed. Never mind that he was doing breakneck speeds in the middle of the night, the car must have been the problem because it's a Tata!

I think the second row seat has a 60/40 split and the left side seat will tumble forward to allow entry to 3rd row. Note that there are no rear doors on driver side, which is a bit unacceptable.

Last edited by vivekgk : 26th August 2010 at 21:31.
Old 8th September 2010, 13:40   #79
BHPian

Any update on Launch dates, features & specs?

Our Pune BHPians & insiders should be able to update on this. As Diwali is nearing, people should see vehicles before deciding on puchase. Same fate for the Aria.
Old 8th September 2010, 13:50   #80
evo
BHPian

Whoa! Space space space ! The rear looks brilliant. Like a Toyota Hi Ace
Old 8th September 2010, 14:03   #81
BHPian

I heard from some reliable source the vehicle is already Launched in Jaipur. Any one has any updates on the basic specs et al.

Also, doesn't T-BHP got an invite for "first drive review" of this vehicle?
Old 8th September 2010, 14:09   #82
BHPian

Quote:

Our Pune BHPians & insiders should be able to update on this. As Diwali is nearing, people should see vehicles before deciding on puchase. Same fate for the Aria.
I have heard it is already launched in Jaipur. Not sure at what price and no idea of spec anyways. Awaiting for TBHPian, especially those from Jaipur to Update.

It looks very decently built, although It is likely to have the same problem as omni for stability on corners (Car Height vs Width)and frontal Crash.

Last edited by anu21v : 8th September 2010 at 14:11.
Old 8th September 2010, 14:10   #83
BHPian

Wow, interiors look nice in this artist's impressions. Hope they make it to production line. Cubby holes for middle row seats is a nice touch.
Old 8th September 2010, 23:00   #84
Senior - BHPian

Only Jaipur, sounds strange. Any one has any updates? Deky you listening mate?
Old 20th September 2010, 16:00   #85
Senior - BHPian

Here are the interior pics. of tata Venture and ace zip/penguin courtesy Indian Autos Blog | Indian Automobile Blog | Auto News India | Car News India

Tata Venture :

SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing-tataventuredashboard.jpg

Tata Ace Zip :

SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing-tata_ace_zip.jpg
Old 20th September 2010, 23:50   #86
Senior - BHPian

Make a good share auto. City tour operators will like the deluxe versions.
Old 21st September 2010, 01:53   #87
BHPian

Some info on venture.

Link: Tata Motor | Tata Aria | Tata Venture - Oneindia Living

Besides launching Tata Aria, the company is about to launch a Van, Tata Venture which is less than 4 meter in length. Venture has the footprint and maneuverability of a hatchback car, but the interior space of a utility vehicle comfortably accommodating 8 passengers and ample luggage space. The interiors of Venture, with a two-tone beige and black theme, are comfortable with dual heating ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) with roof-mounted ducts. A glasshouse effect with plug-in windows for second row passengers makes Venture, a distinctive Van. Driver comfort has been addressed with power steering, power windows, reverse parking aid, key less entry with engine immobilizer and rear wipers. Safety features include collapsible steering and side impact beams.

Tata Venture is powered by a 1.4-litre turbo- delivering 70 PS power, with best in class fuel efficiency among diesel MPVs and this MPV will be available in 5, 6, 7 and 8-seater options in 3 row front facing configuration.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st September 2010 at 02:02. Reason: Removed tags
Old 17th October 2010, 19:15   #88
BHPian

Reports say that Tata venture is planned as a Maruti Eeco killer. But, let us look on the quoted prices. Maruti Eeco basic version is available below 3 Lakhs !!! For tata venture to be a real competitor to maruti Eeco, the basic version of venture should be positioned at about 2.8 Lakhs. This low pricing, more space along with the diesel attraction can force people to think of venture instead of Maruti. But, as reports say, if tata is planning to position venture above 4 lakhs, then its future can be doubtful. Later reducing the prices to increase the sales does not look nice for tata.

In my opinion, the ideal pricing for venture which will attract people (like me, who want a bigger car) will be
Base version : Rs. 2.8 Lakhs.
AC Version : Rs. 3.1 Lakhs.
Full option : Rs. 3.4 Lakhs. (Power Steering, Power Windows, Central Locking, Body colored bumpers, Fog lamps, Tinted Glass, 8 seats (front 2 bucket), remaining 6 in two front facing rows, all seats with head rests).

The above prices may seem unrealistic to many, but Tata may kindly note that an irresistible pricing is essential to attract maruti Eeco buyers to tata vehicles, especially when the tata vehicles quality and service quality is declared to be poor by many vehicle owners.
Old 17th October 2010, 20:48   #89
BHPian

IMHO even if priced higher than Eeco, it can actually kill it, just by having a diesel. Actually I am hoping to see bare basic Venture priced at 3.10, and then it can go up, depending on the equipment.
Old 21st October 2010, 17:35   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Only Jaipur, sounds strange. Any one has any updates? Deky you listening mate?
Yes, I have seen the vehicle in person (priced around Rs. 4.2 Lakhs). it had some really nice features (refer the attached brochure).

The vehicle had only 4 colour options (Not the blue that is there in the brochure).

The dealer mentioned that he had sold 5 already, and the response is good.

P.S. He also sells the Tata Magic Iris too
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing-1.jpg  

SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing-2.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks