Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2009, 11:44   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Well yes it is one of the earlier delivered BS2 buses and is still based at Wadala.. i am not sure whether it had a Manual Transmission as i am seeing this bus since more than 3-4 years now and its Automatic.
AFAIK, this bus was delivered in 2002-03. I still remember having traveled in its first trip - the bus was all garlanded, and was a regular on 504Ltd. It initially had manual transmission - was the first to have ZF Gearbox too. Later, about a year later, the auto box was installed.
Old 5th May 2009, 12:53   #107

Another link

Hello,

Here is another link for information and latest photos

BEST Undertaking

Thanqx.

Jagdeep
Old 5th May 2009, 14:20   #108
BHPian

the brakes on a BEST bus are very good and quite rightly too

looking at how close they go to the car infront and suddenly brake shows how good they really are
Old 6th May 2009, 10:53   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasher26 View Post
the brakes on a BEST bus are very good and quite rightly too

looking at how close they go to the car infront and suddenly brake shows how good they really are
Its also the skill of the driver.
Old 6th May 2009, 11:59   #110
Senior - BHPian

When is BEST introducing paddle shifts and KERS on their buses?
Old 6th May 2009, 13:32   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
When is BEST introducing paddle shifts and KERS on their buses?
paddle shifts on BEST BUses??
Old 6th May 2009, 18:26   #112
Senior - BHPian

i think automatic gearshift is neccessity in BEST buses. reasons:

1) their stop-go conditions tire the driver a lot.

2) because of the above fact, these drivers never fully depress the clutch & most of the gear changes are done with half clutch.
Old 6th May 2009, 19:35   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Seen this inscription on a BEST bus in Bandra? Do they really have it??
If they get power steering,hydraulic assisted clutch,easy gear shifting mechanism,all other latest technology used world wide they will still corner cars,autorickshaws,jump signals,stop in the middle of the road for bus stops,better continue with whatever was available to them earlier they are still not prepared to use the high tech being used all over the world.
Old 6th May 2009, 20:22   #114
Senior - BHPian

at ^^^ this msg..

you are somewhat correct but in recent days i have seen many BEST drivers trying not to do all of the above that you have mentioned..

they these days use proper hand signals and indicators and some what good manners on the road..

but there is still A LOT OF ROOM for improvement for them.
Old 6th May 2009, 20:45   #115
BHPian

In maharashtra however MSRTC was the first to have ZF gearbox, Power steering, TC engine.
all new Best buses are coming with auto tranny and air suspension :- the Ceritas buses with Kinglong chassis.
First Best with auto methinks was an AC bus with rear engine from Iveco.
Also the new Star buses that Best inducted into its fleet, had a feature of lowering the suspension for ease of entry for handicapped users. dont know how much that system worked though.
Old 6th May 2009, 20:57   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f50xj13 View Post
In maharashtra however MSRTC was the first to have ZF gearbox, Power steering, TC engine.
all new Best buses are coming with auto tranny and air suspension :- the Ceritas buses with Kinglong chassis.
First Best with auto methinks was an AC bus with rear engine from Iveco.
Also the new Star buses that Best inducted into its fleet, had a feature of lowering the suspension for ease of entry for handicapped users. dont know how much that system worked though.
I think Pune and Bangalore were the first cities to get the Starbus. TATA also exports this model quite a lot. I see a lot of LHD units at the stockyard near my house. The starbus is a truly modern city bus unlike the normal BEST ones (even with AT, ABS etc etc).
Old 6th May 2009, 21:04   #117
BHPian

A lot of vans, trucks & busses have a load sensing proportioning valve for the rear brakes that very often gets mistaken/ referred to as ABS. All this does is allow more fluid pressure into the rear wheel cylinders depending on load carried (suspension compression).
Volvos had it, and I think I saw it under a Qualis as well.
In the West Truck & Bus technology exceeds car technology, almost all the intra-city busses have an automatic transmission and stuff like power assisted steering & reversing camera are not even considered as a feature. Most of the busses with pneumatic suspension have a ‘kneel’ function where the vehicle drops by 150mm and tilts to the left.
Old 6th May 2009, 21:29   #118
BANNED

In Delhi all the new buses which are green and red(AC Bus ) in colour are automatic.
Do not know about the ABS but surely it will be good for buses and trucks doing highway duties especially in rains.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:54   #119
BHPian

The 15-year-old red clunkers have been taken off the road and new King Longs have been put into service on BEST's AC routes. I travel in them regularly. Very comfortable, and the air-conditioning is effective, but performance is certainly not on par with Volvos. An express route from Dahisar to Worli/Fountain via the Bandra-Worli Sea Link is all set to be launched soon. Goody!
Old 17th November 2009, 17:16   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
The 15-year-old red clunkers have been taken off the road and new King Longs have been put into service on BEST's AC routes. I travel in them regularly. Very comfortable, and the air-conditioning is effective, but performance is certainly not on par with Volvos. An express route from Dahisar to Worli/Fountain via the Bandra-Worli Sea Link is all set to be launched soon. Goody!
the so called 15 year old were actualy deliverd to BEST in 1997-98. The only disgrace was that those a/c buses never recieved the regular mantainence which was needed. I still feel there is a lot of life left in those buses. BEST should modify them a bit and use it for non-ac services for about two years until they turn 15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks