Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 13:21   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Tata Nexon EV Max, launched at Rs. 17.74 lakh (pg 18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerEphraim View Post
I wish this was the Nexon they launched first!

Here's a pic of my beauty!

Attachment 2307006
Trust me, your car looks stunning with those good set of wheels. Stock alloys on the max version doesn’t complement the design at all. White looks cool as well happy many more miles in your EV!
gururajrv is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 13:27   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
We don't know at what % the charging curve drops, according to Lina MG can charge at 50kw even at 85% charge level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
From what I have understood, the Max now has 50kW charging as well.
Yea the curve is not mentioned. 0-80% in 56 minutes for a 40kWh battery is definitely not at 50kW. It is more like 30-35kW.

Current Nexon has a top charging speed of just 21kW. This basically means you have a lot of cars hogging up time at 30kW and 50kW chargers. This increases the time taken for all users on the system. These cars will be around for 10-15 years. This was one of the biggest handicaps of the current Nexon EV and unfortunately I dont see Tata having improved it enough.
lina is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 13:45   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post

There is a good 10L+ gap now between the top end Nexon and ZS exclusive for not too many compromises. Net net, the MG gets better interiors and a pano sunroof over Nexon EV now. All other parameters seem to be equivalent. Not sure if that's worth a 10L premium.
The MG is the larger and spacious 5 seater of the two. I'm sure any family looking for a 20L+ 5 seater EV will still jump to MG or even stretch for a Kona. Kia planning the EV6 and Hyundai with the Ionic should be interesting.
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 13:52   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Alloys are looking very classy and are not protruding out of the body. What's the alloys size and brand?
Thanks man. These are Momo Revenge in Gunmetal Grey - 18 inches. Love how they look. I felt the company alloys were too boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Trust me, your car looks stunning with those good set of wheels. Stock alloys on the max version doesn’t complement the design at all. White looks cool as well happy many more miles in your EV!
Thanks mate. Yep, I found the stock alloys too boring as well. And, I wanted white because I wasn't fond of the white roof in the teal coloured car. I have since blacked out the blue line on the side and in the front. I didn't want the car to scream that it was a EV. Will share a recent snap as well.

Last edited by Aditya : 12th May 2022 at 18:44. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 12th May 2022, 13:57   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
The MG is the larger and spacious 5 seater of the two. I'm sure any family looking for a 20L+ 5 seater EV will still jump to MG or even stretch for a Kona. Kia planning the EV6 and Hyundai with the Ionic should be interesting.
Nexon EV has a better rear seat: more space, more width and better room all around. The seating is the same as your retail petrol and diesel Nexons. ZS EV cabin lacks that kind of width. It’s battery positioning leads to a raised floor which results in a comparatively knees up seating position with worse thigh support. Nexon is simply a more comfortable car to sit in, especially at the back. It also has better ride quality than the MG.

ZS EV does claw back some ground with a much better appointed cabin with better materials and far superior fit and finish.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 14:24   #351
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
TRUE, as per my calculation only 0.9kwh or 7km extra spent for 12hours of usage I.e., say 6-pm to 6am.

For a car with 300km mileage at 60km/hrs average speed or 5 hrs driving, it's just 0.375kwh extra spent over LED. 2-3 km loss in a 300km trip is not a big deal.
I read in another thread, that a nexon ICE version has a total of 4x H7 55w bulbs that is 220watt/hr. So for a 5 hr night drive, it will consume 1.1kw. Compare that to a reputed led bulb it's 0.48kw for a 5 hr night journey.
With the nexon owners here stating a 146wh/km to 95wh/hr (depending on how they drive) that will be correspond to 3.3km to 5km range gain respectively.

So I say for a EV, that 3.3km to 5km could be the difference between one getting to another charging station vs being stranded.

If one starts changing all the other incandescent bulbs to led like tail lamps, licence plate and fog lamps( total of 90w for incandescent) vs all led 32w, so for 5hrs its 160w/hr and that's another 1.1km to 1.6km range gained. (with the brakes light being unaccounted for and assuming the nexon still comes with incandescent bulbs from the factory).

Last edited by aim120 : 12th May 2022 at 14:40.
aim120 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 14:30   #352
BHPian

hi,

does anyone know if this new version also has a speed limiter on it. If memory serves me right, the previous gen speed was limited to 80 kmph.

Thanks.
Old 12th May 2022, 14:46   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
hi,

does anyone know if this new version also has a speed limiter on it. If memory serves me right, the previous gen speed was limited to 80 kmph.

Thanks.
In the previous nexon ev speed was limited to 120 km/h in nexon ev max it’s increased upto 140 km/h.
XRoader_001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 14:47   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
I read in another thread, that a nexon ICE version has a total of 4x H7 55w bulbs that is 220watt/hr.
I guess you need to also consider that out of the 4 bulbs, you will be using only 2 at any given point, either high or low beam. Tata should have given LEDs because it is the better lighting tech than Halogens I believe.

While Tata has done cost cutting for the lights, they could have saved some costs by avoiding rear disc brakes. VW is giving rear drum brakes on ID3, ID4. Their reason is EVs use very little braking, most of the braking is with regeneration, why keep brakes outside and have rust problems. We are already seeing few Nexon owners using original brake pads after 90K kms.

Last edited by SKC-auto : 12th May 2022 at 14:48.
SKC-auto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 14:58   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Having availed 3 test drives of ZS EV across 4 month period and 3 other visits to the showroom with family to especially test ingress/egress and rear seat comfort I personally feel ZS EV rear seat comfort is lacking as compared to Nexon EV.

The ingress/egress in ZS EV is better but the under thigh support is bad. Add elevated knees due to floor rise and it gets terrible! Also, on paper the car is almost as wide as Nexon but the cabin is more cramped than Nexon.

What I could see is that the legroom is barely an inch more in ZS EV as compared to the Nexon and I mean it, it’s just an inch more.

Given an option, I would any day pick the rear seat comfort of Nexon EV over ZS EV.

When comparing the front seats, both these cars are equally good but the Nexon now gets ventilated seats which do matter in Hyderabad summers.

Coming to EV6 and Ioniq, most say it would be price north of 50L. A different segment all together.
raghupro is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 15:03   #356
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I guess you need to also consider that out of the 4 bulbs, you will be using only 2 at any given point, either high or low beam. Tata should have given LEDs because it is the better lighting tech than Halogens I believe.
In most cars both low and high beams are on when you change to high beam. Especially if the car has dual barrel like the Nexon.

Quote:
While Tata has done cost cutting for the lights, they could have saved some costs by avoiding rear disc brakes. VW is giving rear drum brakes on ID3, ID4. Their reason is EVs use very little braking, most of the braking is with regeneration, why keep brakes outside and have rust problems. We are already seeing few Nexon owners using original brake pads after 90K kms.
If you add electric parking brake and auto hold, its easiest to add with disc brakes. If it was drum brakes, the complexity is actually more as it needs a separate system for the electronic parking brake.
Vid6639 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 15:40   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Below is the on-road price in Bangalore.
Name:  nexonevmaxinsurance.jpeg
Views: 510
Size:  18.1 KB

Is it just me or does the insurance price seem super high? I mean I understand that the dealers markup the insurance cost and then give discounts, but 1L+ for insurance for an 18L car seem really high (even when marked up). I did a quick check on Acko for Nexon EV Lux (not max) (19L IDV) and it was under 50k for the standard 1 + 3 year policy.

Or are insurance costs for EVs comparatively higher than a similarly priced ICE vehicle.
varkey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 15:41   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Attachment 2307097

Is it just me or does the insurance price seem super high? I mean I understand that the dealers markup the insurance cost and then give discounts, but 1L+ for insurance seem for an 18L car is really high (even when marked up). I did a quick check on Acko for Nexon EV Lux (not max) (19L IDV) and it was under 50k for the standard 1 + 3 year policy.

Or are insurance costs for EVs comparatively higher than a similarly priced ICE vehicle.
Yes, it's very high. Almost twice what's offered in the market. One can easily save 50K on the insurance amount quoted.
speedmiester is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 16:35   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Attachment 2307097

Is it just me or does the insurance price seem super high? I mean I understand that the dealers markup the insurance cost and then give discounts, but 1L+ for insurance for an 18L car seem really high (even when marked up). I did a quick check on Acko for Nexon EV Lux (not max) (19L IDV) and it was under 50k for the standard 1 + 3 year policy.

I was offered 53k by Tata including everything (zero dep, tyre cover, consumables, RTI) for XZ+ when I booked last week. They are yet to confirm the final price for XZ+ Max but the new price list I received still says 69k for the XZ+ Max 3.3kWh.
prateekchanana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 17:41   #360

Are these EV's to be bought by customers from Tier 1 Cities with lesser power outage only? I mean, while making buying decision why doesn't anyone factor in the frequent long power cuts happening these days else where, and with the small capacity charger to add to the woes how can one address the need of urgent travel during such scenario wherein EV is not substantially charged as there are no charging stations yet on highways?
Want to understand from experts their logic on this or is there any other alternative cost effective charging power source in case of outage, am I missing something? I come from a part of metro city where power failures are very frequent throughout the day & night!

Last edited by aah78 : 12th May 2022 at 22:27. Reason: Typos fixed. Please proof-read.
fnftech is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks