Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2022, 17:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV India launch on October 11

According to a media report, BYD is set to launch the Atto 3 electric SUV in the Indian market on October 11, 2022.

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-atto3rearquarteredited.jpeg

The BYD Atto 3 will be assembled in India from semi-knocked down kits (SKD). It is expected to be priced at around Rs 35 lakh and deliveries are expected to start from January 2023.

The BYD Atto 3 measures 4,455 mm in length, 1,875 mm in width and has a wheelbase of 2,720 mm. It features sleek twin-pod LED headlamps with a chrome strip in the centre and slim tail lamp units with a light bar at the rear.

The car comes with a futuristic-looking interior with a dual-tone dashboard that houses a touchscreen infotainment system. The Atto 3 comes with a 3-spoke steering wheel and a digital instrument cluster.

Powering the Atto 3 is a permanent magnet synchronous motor that develops 201 BHP and 310 Nm, which is said to propel the car from 0-100 km/h in 7.3 seconds. It is rumoured to come with the larger 60.48 kWh battery pack, which has a maximum claimed range of 420 km (WLTP cycle).

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 7th September 2022 at 17:55.
TusharK is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 20:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

MG ZS EV price is reduced in Australia due to Atto3 pricing, now in India they want to sell at 35lakhs?

https://thedriven.io/2022/09/07/mg-u...ange-on-cards/
SKC-auto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 20:50   #33
BHPian

Historically whenever a Chinese company decides to enter a new market, they go with a very aggressive approach to capture market share.

I don’t think it would be any different this time, I think it will be priced around MG ZS EV
SShandilya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 10:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShandilya View Post
Historically whenever a Chinese company decides to enter a new market, they go with a very aggressive approach to capture market share.

I don’t think it would be any different this time, I think it will be priced around MG ZS EV
If the BYD Atto 3 is an SKD product; they won't be able to price it near the CKD MG ZS EV.
Old 8th September 2022, 11:21   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
If the BYD Atto 3 is an SKD product; they won't be able to price it near the CKD MG ZS EV.
The difference, if any, has to be on account of the battery. 60kwh vs 50 on the ZS. Battery is straightaway 50% bigger than the one on the Nexon EV Max.

Then there is the tech inside the battery. BYD’s Blade batteries are supposed to be the best in the businesses - very hardy and much suited for usage in high ambient temperatures and for continuous fast charging. Going by the kind of battery used in the e6 minivan, this itself is a big differentiator over the ZS.

Still, I find the ZS EV (sole fully loaded trim) to be priced pretty optimistically for what it offers, and this should ideally allow BYD to price their car about par.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 11:24   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
The difference, if any, has to be on account of the battery. 60kwh vs 50 on the ZS. Battery is straightaway 50% bigger than the one on the Nexon EV Max.

Then there is the tech inside the battery. BYD’s Blade batteries are supposed to be the best in the businesses - very hardy and much suited for usage in high ambient temperatures and for continuous fast charging. Going by the kind of battery used in the e6 minivan, this itself is a big differentiator over the ZS.

Still, I find the ZS EV (sole fully loaded trim) to be priced pretty optimistically for what it offers, and this should ideally allow BYD to price their car about par.
BYD has 2 battery sizes internationally - a 49.92 kWh pack and a 60.48 kWh. I hope they launch both and price the smaller one at least right at par with the ZS EV.
Old 8th September 2022, 13:08   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Front of a CR-V, side of a Creta, rear of some LandRover. A pretty neat blend of these to make a car who's looks won't invite hate. Interesting entrant this - a Leopard amongst chicken. Not just any cat.

But what I will remember for the longest time are - the name "ATTO" (seriously? Bajaj is laughing somewhere) and the tweeters peeking out of the doors (assuming thats what they are).

Once again - our market is waking up very fast to EVs. But I don't think the local established players are being stupid in their product pipeline. While there is a bunch of EVs mushrooming everywhere - regardless of the initial advertised range, the actual support infra is next to 0 on our roads. EVs still will be 2nd cars for urban / semi urban dwellers. Novelty is on one side, reality on the other. For at least another 8-10 years, these can't be mainstream primary cars. I think the auto-makers have planned things pretty well. There is still plenty need of ICE cars and they are making the most of the demand while the Sun is out. Good for the share-holders too. The products will come out at the right time from everyone. We already see it from all major players that their platform designs and plans are present. Just cars are not on sale. Don't write off the established players - even Suzuki. They know what they are doing.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 16:33   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
If that is the case, why was the BYD E6 ( discontinued now in australia ) with 70kwh battery priced lower in australia, then the atto 3 with a 50kwh pack.

The E6 is bigger in wheelbase, length and height but has a lower kw motor and shorter width.

Also MG buys battery from another company for 50kwh pack, I know that CATL supplies MG for the 72kwh NMC battery version (not sold in india) vs the 50kwh which is a LFP supplied from another chinese company.

BYD makes their own batteries, so that may help them price the ATTO competitively.

Last edited by aim120 : 8th September 2022 at 16:34.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 17:11   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The tweeters peeking out of the doors (assuming thats what they are).
They aren’t tweeters haha, those are the door handles on the ATTO 3

Funky interior, but not bad IMO.
Arsenic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 18:07   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
the tweeters peeking out of the doors (assuming thats what they are).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
They aren’t tweeters haha, those are the door handles on the ATTO 3

Funky interior, but not bad IMO.
From what I could make out from other YouTube videos, it's the door handle housed atop the tweeters. The round perforated part is indeed the tweeter and the curved horizontal slab like thing is the door handle to be pulled.
BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-screenshot_20220908180626.jpg
GKR9900 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2022, 21:40   #41
BHPian

The entry of BYD is a serious thing to note. BYD outsold Tesla, on sheer numbers not in consumer acceptance, or value. In the initial phase of technology adoption numbers matter, then there is the realisation of value, comparison of what is better etc. Would you bet on an expensing experience of a lower valued one that can next lead to be a more informed customer?
The e-car market is starting to get noticed. While models like C5 aircross etc, have launched ridiculous products are ridiculous prices, I don't know how that market will look 5 years from now, when you want to change and upgrade?
Hope they price BYD smarltly to get more visible presence on the road, get acceptance in the market.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 19:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

On World EV day BYD India has shared the first teaser of its upcoming Electric SUV - Atto 3.

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-smartselect_20220909193615_instagram.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 9th September 2022 at 19:42.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 20:07   #43
BHPian

Impressive specs on paper. Hopefully they launch with a compatible charger (CCS2 port hopefully.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livnletcarsliv View Post
Looking at the specs, looks, dimensions, features, range and if the pricing is anywhere between 30-35L (as mentioned in the news), this is going to be a Tsunami hit.
Also, some other factors in favour of BYD are reliability.
Practically no sales & service network negligible ASS, no relevance to current market scenario, reliability of any EV car cannot be ascertained currently. Also, at above 30L price point, in the luxury car segment, its really difficult to survive without high profit margins or big volume.
So no, NOT a tsunami hit unfortunately.
A tough competition to MG ZS EV and Hyundai Kona nonetheless.
Torq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 10:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:

In this case it is confirmed to be priced at 35 lakhs ex showroom.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 01:13   #45

Hello everyone
I have booked the atto 3 just 2 days. The dealer here was reluctant to share any details officially. Just said that currently they are taking pre launch booking of 25 vehicles only. In terms of pricing he said mostly it will be in the range of 25-30 lakhs ex-showroom.
nitish13 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks