Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2023, 11:06   #106
BHPian

Re: Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Long drive to the Coast and update post 19K kms:
  • Android auto is still buggy, not able to use the voice or keyboard. Have to input address on phone before connecting to the info system.
Great write up. Thanks for keeping this thread updated.

Our MG ZS EV has been driven for 11,000 kms, and I have no issues with Android Auto now. Initially I had issues with the phone not receiving calls through the car's bluetooth while connected to Android Auto, but it was sorted out. I don't think Android Auto allows you to type while driving so that part is understandable. But I've never had issues with voice.

If I may ask what phone and Android version are you using?
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 11:39   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Great write up. Thanks for keeping this thread updated.

Our MG ZS EV has been driven for 11,000 kms, and I have no issues with Android Auto now. Initially I had issues with the phone not receiving calls through the car's bluetooth while connected to Android Auto, but it was sorted out. I don't think Android Auto allows you to type while driving so that part is understandable. But I've never had issues with voice.

If I may ask what phone and Android version are you using?
I understand disabling keyboard, but even the voice commands are not working.
I use S22 Ultra with latest Android 13.
Old 14th March 2023, 12:28   #108
BHPian

Quote:
I understand disabling keyboard, but even the voice commands are not working.
I use S22 Ultra with latest Android 13.
I think it is a phone issue, perhaps you can try with someone else's Android phone. My daughter and wife have the Samsung Flip and the Fold which also runs with the latest Android 13 and the voice in the car works well.

See if the "OK Google" works on your phone, this might make the voice work in the car as well.
Old 14th March 2023, 12:58   #109
BHPian

Quote:
[*] Android auto is still buggy, not able to use the voice or keyboard. Have to input address on phone before connecting to the info system.
1. Disable the hello MG in car settings, that will ensure that Google Assistant works well.
2. Even with phone connected to Android Auto, on your phone you can search for places on Google and click directions. At this point instead of the place opening on Google maps on phone, it will pop up on Android Auto.
shyampsunder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 13:38   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
1. Disable the hello MG in car settings, that will ensure that Google Assistant works well.
2. Even with phone connected to Android Auto, on your phone you can search for places on Google and click directions. At this point instead of the place opening on Google maps on phone, it will pop up on Android Auto.
Thanks, will check it out.
Old 9th April 2023, 08:03   #111
Senior - BHPian

20K Kms Update:

Lightfury completed 20000Kms on the odo yesterday. This milestone came in at just over 8 months.

Also got the fourth service done a week ago. An update for stability control program was performed along with routine service which included change of AC filter.

For the past 4 months, I could undertake only two long drives apart from the many Bangalore-Mysore-Bangalore drives. One to Chennai and other to Manipal. Both were solo drives and I stuck to speeds between 70-90KMPH which resulted in high efficiency numbers. I could reach Chennai in a single charge and similarly reached Manipal in a single charge.

Few pointers since the last update:
  • The car has held up well. While I take care of my cars, I don’t baby them as well.
  • There was slight noise from suspension and steering, this was fixed during the 20K kms service
  • Battery has degraded a bit; the SOH stands at just over 98%. This is in line with MG’s info on battery life. I still get 320-330Kms in City with AC and around 350Kms on the highways. Range is always dependent on the driving style.
  • I usually keep my speeds between 60-80KMPH on undivided highways, 70-90 on traffic dense Four lane highways and 80-100KMPH on Expressways. I focus on avg speed rather than higher speeds.
  • Learning to modulate throttle instead of using cruise control helps with the range.
  • Increased usage of AC in the summer months has brought down the range by about 10-15Kms.
  • AC in Eco mode is useless if you have rear passengers. Switching to Normal or Sports mode makes it better. The large pano sunroof and the wafer-thin cloth cover underneath does not help.
  • Fast Charging infrastructure has grown leaps and bounds since the past one year. So range anxiety has taken a back seat, though a bit of planning never hurts. Most chargers are still 25-30KW range and a higher charging times are expected.

Key stats so far:
Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-screenshot-20230409-080153.jpg

Many miles to go
Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-20230311_181430.jpg
speedmiester is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 10:13   #112
BHPian

Quote:
20K Kms Update:

Lightfury completed 20000Kms on the odo yesterday.
[*]Learning to modulate throttle instead of using cruise control helps with the range.
Congratulations i am at 18K and my observations are identical.
and thank you for the update. its always a pleasure to read them.
rajeshrajan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 08:56   #113
BANNED

Quote:
[*]Battery has degraded a bit; the SOH stands at just over 98%. This is in line with MG’s info on battery life. I still get 320-330Kms in City with AC and around 350Kms on the highways. Range is always dependent on the driving style.
This is a bit concerning, the battery degrade is dependent on the # of charge cycles and it's too early for it to onset at this early stage, I have driven over 20k on my nexon EV and it still takes in 28.6kwh of energy.
Old 11th April 2023, 09:35   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
This is a bit concerning, the battery degrade is dependent on the # of charge cycles and it's too early for it to onset at this early stage, I have driven over 20k on my nexon EV and it still takes in 28.6kwh of energy.
As per MG, 3% is the battery deg in a year. The current deg is in line. This should stabilize a bit.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 23:46   #115

Hey Guys! Anybody having issues with their wheel alignment? Mine just turned a year old with 22k kms and i might've gotten the car balanced atleast 4 times(3 personal 1 via service!!).
Old 12th April 2023, 02:03   #116
BHPian

Quote:
20K Kms Update:

[*]Battery has degraded a bit; the SOH stands at just over 98%. This is in line with MG’s info on battery life. I still get 320-330Kms in City with AC and around 350Kms on the highways. Range is always dependent on the driving style.
I wouldn't take SOH on its face value. According to UK forums it looks like MG's measurement of SOH on their LFP batteries is a static number that keeps reducing in a pre determined way irrespective of the actual degradation on the battery. Refer to this link

At 100% charge on normal mode what is the number of KMs you are seeing as the range?
shyampsunder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 07:35   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't take SOH on its face value. According to UK forums it looks like MG's measurement of SOH on their LFP batteries is a static number that keeps reducing in a pre determined way irrespective of the actual degradation on the battery.

At 100% charge on normal mode what is the number of KMs you are seeing as the range?
Agree, that's a question in my mind as well. This is the log of SOH as displayed by the eZS app. There is linear deg as per the app.

On a full charge, I am still seeing 400Kms in Normal mode without AC.
Attached Thumbnails
Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-screenshot_20230412_072548_ezs.jpg  

speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 14:45   #118
BHPian

Quote:
I wouldn't take SOH on its face value. According to UK forums it looks like MG's measurement of SOH on their LFP batteries is a static number that keeps reducing in a pre determined way irrespective of the actual degradation on the battery. Refer to this
I am just a bit doubtful especially when a manufacturer tries to be transparent.

Quote:
Agree, that's a question in my mind as well. This is the log of SOH as displayed by the eZS app. There is linear deg as per the app.
Knew a guy who used to keep an eye on the battery of Reva by basically running the same loop periodically - so same elevation, same time/temperature (climate) with everything (AC,radio etc) off. Keep an eye out how much the range dropped to figure the battery degradation.
Seemed rudimentary and quite eccentric but the only valid way to figure as there were no proper ways to monitor this especially if you were not a geek.
Old 12th April 2023, 17:22   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Mine's at 98.11% at 4966 KMs. It's been 3 months since I have purchased the vehicle. Degradation seems way too high. Transition to Volthead | Ownership Review of LightFury | My White MG ZS EV Exclusive-screenshot_2023041217214468_6c3649c0e80913619d728ac7fe39c2ba.jpg
Old 13th April 2023, 10:49   #120
BHPian

Where did you get this? Which app?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks