Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2022, 13:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Motors announces Tiago EV. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh; offers 315 km range

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Yes same figures of 150 KM with AC and around 180 without AC were quoted to me. The Xpress-T has a lower capacity battery btw.
Yes, lower capacity and a restricted top speed of 80kph.

Don't know if an individual buyer will be content with 80kph.

If the commute is strictly bumper to bumper, it does make sense as a second car, for strictly office commute and local short runs.
ashutoshb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 16:01   #62
BHPian

re: Tata Motors announces Tiago EV. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh; offers 315 km range

Tiago Ev to be unveiled on 28th September.

Link :

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...n-september-28
XRoader_001 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 16:22   #63
BHPian

On this link in the post, the speculated price is 10L onwards which if true could get a lot more people interested.
Quote:
"Tata could retail the electric hatchback from Rs 10 lakh onwards. For comparison, its bigger sibling, the Tigor EV, is priced between Rs 12.24 lakh and Rs 13.39 lakh (all prices ex-showroom)."

Last edited by ajayc123 : 15th September 2022 at 16:37.
ajayc123 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 17:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

TATA can launch the Car in Two Variants and Two Price Points.

1. Restricted (upto 90/100 kmph top speed) with mild tune / motor response with a Lower Capacity Battery

2. A Fun Variant
payeng is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 17:12   #65
BANNED

I don't see Tiago EV priced below 10L, that's not gonna happen unless the battery capacity is reduced to 20kwh or less, which would mean a range of less than 150km
DarthVeda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 17:19   #66
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
TATA can launch the Car in Two Variants and Two Price Points.

1. Restricted (upto 90/100 kmph top speed) with mild tune / motor response with a Lower Capacity Battery

2. A Fun Variant
Yes, I think that could be the case, they could launch a variant under 10 lakhs ex-showroom with the battery and specifications of the Xpres-T, and another variant with the battery and specifications of the Tigor EV as well.

This could help them attain an attractive starting price for the Tiago EV which would help in better sales, as I feel there is a market for a cheap EV for city use.
bijims is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 22:29   #67
BHPian

Everything pertaining to Tiago ev including the price, bookings & deliveries will be announced on 28th September as per Mr. Shailesh Chandra managing director of tata motors.

Courtesy : Cnbctv18 around 4.10 min.

XRoader_001 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 10:44   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Will it be okay if a Tigor EV owner answers?
For me personally service experience has been good. On our owners group most have had positive experience with the service center - yes sometimes car has to be left for longer if there is a major issue but that’s true of any car. (ICE Or EV)
Hi torquecurve, Thanks for your reply and there is nothing better than to get real feedback from actual owners of EVs. Your points earlier were very helpful.
I have one additional question, Previously in the E2O, my daily drive was less than 10 kms both sides included. So in 2 or 3 days of office commute, I would only drive for about 30 kms max and the battery will degrade by around 50%. However there was a clear ask from Owner’s Manual to mandatorily charge the car once in every 3 days at least and charge it to 100% for the cell balancing to take place. I wanted to ask you if you have any such nuances in your current Tigor EV ? I started charging every Monday and Thursday / Friday due to this but always felt it was an unnecessary hassle. There was a week when I charged on Monday and then rest of the week I didn’t charge (may be I was not well or something, don’t remember now) but on Friday, even though the car had around 22% or so battery left, it just stopped suddenly and I had to call the towing guys to take it back to the charging station.
MASS told me it was due to not charging it for last 4 days. My argument was that the car still had 22% left and should have given me a warning of some sort. But anyways I think you get the picture.
Old 16th September 2022, 10:55   #69
BHPian

Tata really has some potential to make a vfm budget EV. They should provide reasonable range and not cut down many creature comforts and if priced right it will surely be a winner. it could be a second car to many and a proper city car. Hopefully they don't restrict it to 80 for the mass market as that is inclining to commercial segment.
Old 16th September 2022, 12:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhinchak View Post
Tata really has some potential to make a vfm budget EV. They should provide reasonable range and not cut down many creature comforts and if priced right it will surely be a winner. it could be a second car to many and a proper city car.

Hopefully they don't restrict it to 80 for the mass market as that is inclining to commercial segment.
I am perfectly OK with a restricted Top Speed of 80 KMPH. I have a very efficient Speed Governor called "THE WIFE" that doesn't let me drive above 70 KMPH.

I have been using BLU SMART Cabs quite a lot and the Performance and Quality levels of its fleet of XPress-T's levels seems to be quite adequate for my City Commutes / Run to the Malls.
payeng is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 17:24   #71
BHPian

Pricing of Tiago EV - Cost diff between Tiago and Tigor

The ICE variants of Tiago and Tigor have very little price difference.

The base variant of Petrol is Just Rs.60K in ex-showroom price and upward 80K in higher models with similar features.

So pricing a car for 9.99 Lacs for Tiago will be very challenging and they may have to strip down so many features, including color options I guess.

Or, will they go for how Honda Jazz model that had almost all good features when it was launched.. Mass-produced, single vendor concepts
i am asking too much here..
TeddyBear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 18:40   #72
BHPian

Is it safe to say that a 306km certified range would translate to true range of ~200kms? If yes, then it'll suit city runs and possibly short inter-city travel. However, if the pricing is around 10L, wonder will it really bring in the numbers for Tata.
Even if a buyer wants a second car purely for city commute, there are few good options in <8L.
I haven't done the math here, however, if the daily city running is heavy (say 1500kms+ monthly), question is - will the fuel saving be substantial to justify initial 2+ lakh investment?
Old 16th September 2022, 20:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramCS View Post
Is it safe to say that a 306km certified range would translate to true range of ~200kms? If yes, then it'll suit city runs and possibly short inter-city travel. However, if the pricing is around 10L, wonder will it really bring in the numbers for Tata.
Even if a buyer wants a second car purely for city commute, there are few good options in <8L.
I haven't done the math here, however, if the daily city running is heavy (say 1500kms+ monthly), question is - will the fuel saving be substantial to justify initial 2+ lakh investment?
EV running cost of charged at home is one rupee per km. A petrol car will be anywhere from 9-10 bucks. And then there are other maintenance costs which an EV doesn’t have. You can do the math. 2L will be recovered in a few months.
Pancham is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 20:50   #74
BHPian

Quote:
I am perfectly OK with a restricted Top Speed of 80 KMPH. I have a very efficient Speed Governor called "THE WIFE" that doesn't let me drive above 70 KMPH..
Agree on the speed limit part, but you need to be now fully 5 star rated in safety after writing this.
sukhbirST is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 21:16   #75
BHPian

Tata teased the Rotater dialer for R,P,N & S mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors announces Tiago EV. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh; offers 315 km range-43b7c7989dfe40ffa94b6cc1728d5bb1.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks