Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 11:39   #76
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Followed up with the local dealership about a test-drive and delivery schedule for those of us expecting April deliveries and have been informed that deliveries might be pushed back as they haven't been given authorisation to start drives on the display cars available at most showrooms.

Have asked the Hyundai RM if they have any update and sadly they said nothing confirmed as of yet.
zandot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 10:30   #77
Senior - BHPian

The Ioniq 5 is such a stunning looking car in the flesh. Saw this one while passing Modi Hyundai in Malad, and had to stop to get a few clicks.

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img6847.jpg

Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review-img6848.jpg
iliketurtles is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 01:48   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi7 View Post
Below review give a pretty good idea for india spec range

https://Youtu.be/RqnVHv7x_9w
Is the car available is this silver colour shown in all videos?

The only options I see are White, Beige and Black.
Old 9th March 2023, 08:38   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Is the car available is this silver colour shown in all videos?

The only options I see are White, Beige and Black.
There is no beige colour, I think you are referring to the gravity gold matte colour. The silver colour cars that we are seeing in reviews are the gravity gold matte colour only, it looks silver under some lighting conditions and gold under some other lighting conditions.

See this video for reference:
koolkunz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 00:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
There is no beige colour, I think you are referring to the gravity gold matte colour.
Spot on. Saw the colour today. Its brilliant.

Not a hundred percent about the car though. My daily work car is a 2020 Hyundai Tucson.... and I had interesting take backs from the experience.

Awaiting a test drive.... and also a dual motor variant....
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 13:33   #81

Hi

I have done a test drive a couple of days with PSM Hyundai Chennai and here is my observations:

Pros:
1. The drive is very smooth you cant hear any sound at all. That's a bit frightening as pedestrians could not hear the car resulting in higher usage of the horn. I heard that they have a simulated engine noise.
2. The acceleration is very quick when required in all modes.
3. The range quickly improves if you let it cruise and regenerate. The slow down is quite steep in 1 pedal mode.
4. The 360 camera is extremely good and gives you a good view all round. the sensors on the car also warn you about traffic close by which was quite useful but some may find it annoying.
5. Side cameras switch on in the dashboard when you put your turning indicators on, you hardly look at the outside mirror as this is better. Hope this becomes standard across cars.
6. Ventilated front seats (cool) are pretty chill so had to shut it off. The rear has only heated seats, not sure why they put cooled seats.
7. Music system is good.
8. Space is extremely good. Flexibility particularly the rear incline on seats is a great advantage.
9. Visibility is fantastic and it feels good to see the end of the bonnet from the driving seat position.

Cons:

1. It is going to be extremely difficult to keep the interiors clean as it is more white and grey. I could already see dirt marks with only one other customer having done a test drive.
2. The AC is not effective in the rear. The side AC vents are quite useless and the centre AC does not throw well to the rear passengers. We had to keep adjusting this several times to adjust.
3. Colours on the ambient lighting may be a bit jarrish.
4. The steering comes in the way of seeing the dash. So adjusted it to get a compromised view.
5. The ADAS is quite active, the car breaks even if you dont want to when it senses obstacles/vehicles ahead. Lane assist is the most annoying as you cannot move lanes quickly, better to switch this feature off at least within the city (not sure if we can do that alone).
6. After driving a Merc and a BMW the family felt that the car was not feeling luxurious, had to agree.
7. Missing a heads up display (not even an option) which would have sorted out the steering coming in the way of dashboard issue.

Overall I will go ahead with the purchase, the only item I am really concerned about the the AC not being effective in the ear (would become a become crib from wife if this is an issue).

Last edited by Aditya : 11th March 2023 at 17:21. Reason: As requested
shivaramanuma is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 17:48   #82
BHPian

Did a TD yesterday

Mostly agree with Shivaramanuma's observations :

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaramanuma View Post
Hi

I have done a test drive a couple of days with PSM Hyundai Chennai and here is my observations:
Some additional observations/differences :

Pros :
1. Rear Seating : Was worried about the knees-up seating at the back. On getting driven for 5'7" me it wasn't an issue at all. Infact the seat reclines, moves forward backward, and is quite comfortable. middle seat is not as good, but better than most offerings.

2. UI : Responsive, intuitive and muted. Not garish or with gimmicky animations.

Cons :
1. The switchgear has shiny aluminumy-silvery planting. With use, this is gonna peel off and look bad. I'd have taken black plastic any day.

2. The Moon roof : Is huge. Makes the interiors look even more spacious. But will bake your car. Within 10 mins of Mumbai's 1030 am sun, we shut it off. Should have been skipped altogether, or a half sunroot would have been better.

3. Music System : Not bad but not Bose impressive.

4. No adaptive suspension : Have a Passat with DCC, and appreciated that option even more after the TD. I felt it was a little bumpy. Maybe, it's the 20 inch wheels. (forgot to check tyre pressures).

5. +1 On the steering wheel cutting off the top corners of the screen even when tilted up and pushed back all the way.

6. Is a big car, so not a nimble mover.

7. Trunk space maybe limited. On our 2 adults + 2 kids + 1 cat trips, we pack every cubic inch of space in the Passat. Here I feel we'll have trouble carrying same amount of cargo.

8. Left knee will bump into the console for taller drivers.

9. Range anxiety. At 95% charge, the vehicle suggested 385km. I expected to do Mumbai Kolhapur runs, which is about 375km and this is borderline. If I have to charge enroute, MG ZS is a cheaper option, and for city only driving you don't need this big a battery.

10. ++1 on the White interiors. Will need a cleaner alongwith driver. Are gonna be hell to maintain.

Overall though, still liked the car. If budget is 45+, and the brand doesn't matter, then I don't see anyway to put this or more money towards a german car all the way upto 80-90 lacs.
srgntpepper is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 18:14   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by srgntpepper View Post
Did a TD yesterday

Mostly agree with Shivaramanuma's observations :

Some additional observations/differences :

Pros :
1. Rear Seating : Was worried about the knees-up seating at the back. On getting driven for 5'7" me it wasn't an issue at all. Infact the seat reclines, moves forward backward, and is quite comfortable. middle seat is not as good, but better than most offerings.

2. UI : Responsive, intuitive and muted. Not garish or with gimmicky animations.

Cons :
1. The switchgear has shiny aluminumy-silvery planting. With use, this is gonna peel off and look bad. I'd have taken black plastic any day.

2. The Moon roof : Is huge. Makes the interiors look even more spacious. But will bake your car. Within 10 mins of Mumbai's 1030 am sun, we shut it off. Should have been skipped altogether, or a half sunroot would have been better.

3. Music System : Not bad but not Bose impressive.

4. No adaptive suspension : Have a Passat with DCC, and appreciated that option even more after the TD. I felt it was a little bumpy. Maybe, it's the 20 inch wheels. (forgot to check tyre pressures).

5. +1 On the steering wheel cutting off the top corners of the screen even when tilted up and pushed back all the way.

6. Is a big car, so not a nimble mover.

7. Trunk space maybe limited. On our 2 adults + 2 kids + 1 cat trips, we pack every cubic inch of space in the Passat. Here I feel we'll have trouble carrying same amount of cargo.

8. Left knee will bump into the console for taller drivers.

9. Range anxiety. At 95% charge, the vehicle suggested 385km. I expected to do Mumbai Kolhapur runs, which is about 375km and this is borderline. If I have to charge enroute, MG ZS is a cheaper option, and for city only driving you don't need this big a battery.

10. ++1 on the White interiors. Will need a cleaner alongwith driver. Are gonna be hell to maintain.

Overall though, still liked the car. If budget is 45+, and the brand doesn't matter, then I don't see anyway to put this or more money towards a german car all the way upto 80-90 lacs.
Hi , if you could tell me which dealer in Mumbai is offering a test drive ?
While booking i choose Arsh Hyundai sion and they arrive last 2 weeks are still expecting their TD vehicle.

Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 21:45   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosnake81 View Post
Hi , if you could tell me which dealer in Mumbai is offering a test drive ?
While booking i choose Arsh Hyundai sion and they arrive last 2 weeks are still expecting their TD vehicle.

Thanks
Modi Hyundai has been giving Test Drives since Feb End. They have one ioniq with Gold Matte Color.
Ashutosh_kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 14:05   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokengrip View Post
Was really hoping for a little more based on my experience with the ZS EV. The V2 version of the ZS EV with a ARAI range of 420 kms offers around 325 on startup and the estimation is quite accurate if you drive with a light foot and coast around 90-100 on highways.

Was hoping the Ioniq5 would offer around 475 based on the ARAI range of 608. I m hoping that once the car has learnt of your driving pattern that number goes up to around 475-500 kms.
Your ZS EV ?21 model shows 325 on start up, is that with AC on or off?
I have the 2020 model, I get to see 330 with AC off and 280 with AC on. I usually get 290-310km on a full charge.

Also Hyundai is known to give range way off the mark. The Kona claimed a range of 415km I think but people hardly got over 250! I think it will be difficult to get >300km with the Ioniq. I think in the sub 50L category Byd Atto 3 is still the range king (or queen)!
Old 16th March 2023, 14:21   #86
BHPian

Wow! That's a really nice review. Congrats on your booking.
You're the type of customer the ionics autocar review mentioned (German luxury ICE to futuristic EV) ☺️
Old 16th March 2023, 17:05   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjee View Post
Your ZS EV ?21 model shows 325 on start up, is that with AC on or off?
I have the 2020 model, I get to see 330 with AC off and 280 with AC on. I usually get 290-310km on a full charge.

Also Hyundai is known to give range way off the mark. The Kona claimed a range of 415km I think but people hardly got over 250! I think it will be difficult to get >300km with the Ioniq. I think in the sub 50L category Byd Atto 3 is still the range king (or queen)!
Range test videos on YouTube are already showing 400-500 km range in India for the Ioniq 5 with ac and ventilated seats.
Old 19th March 2023, 21:09   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Range test videos on YouTube are already showing 400-500 km range in India for the Ioniq 5 with ac and ventilated seats.
Sorry i meant >400km (as ARAI range is 608km).
Old 20th March 2023, 04:40   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjee View Post
Sorry i meant >400km (as ARAI range is 608km).
My dual motor EV6 does about 500km. I’m guessing the lighter single motor Ioniq should do about 470-490km as well considering the bigger wheels and less aerodynamic structure.
Old 20th March 2023, 10:27   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
My dual motor EV6 does about 500 kms.
That's good to hear. Out of curiosity, what is your driving pattern like? As in, average speeds, regen levels, drive mode (eco or normal), cabin temperature levels, etc.? And do you find the EV6's adaptive cruise control to be truly useful on our chaotic highways?
iliketurtles is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks