Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2023, 14:02   #91
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Ioniq 5 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
That's good to hear. Out of curiosity, what is your driving pattern like? As in, average speeds, regen levels, drive mode (eco or normal), cabin temperature levels, etc.? And do you find the EV6's adaptive cruise control to be truly useful on our chaotic highways?
It’s mostly city driving but I did make a trip to Mumbai some time ago and I drove the car down from Pune as well.

In the city, I drive in single pedal mode with full regen. Speeds are about 40-50kmph on average. I drive in Normal mode and cabin temp is usually set to 22 degrees.

The adaptive cruise control is good but barely used with our overdynamic roads. But on longer stretches with less traffic it does it’s job.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 08:29   #92
BHPian

Does anyone have any update on their cars delivery timeline? Given that Hyundai has been unable to even provide enough test drive cars, I think that there is going to be a major delay in deliveries.
Old 27th March 2023, 10:27   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkunz View Post
Does anyone have any update on their cars delivery timeline? Given that Hyundai has been unable to even provide enough test drive cars, I think that there is going to be a major delay in deliveries.
Got a mail indicating August end.
Old 27th March 2023, 11:58   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosnake81 View Post
Got a mail indicating August end.
What did the original mail you recieved say..? Or is it based on a recently concluded booking..?

Haven't recieved any update since the original indication of delivery at the end of April.
Old 27th March 2023, 12:11   #95
BHPian

Saw the Ioniq 5 at the showroom when I dropped my Creta for service. It’s quite smashing, and unlike any other car we have on our streets currently. Superb build quality inside out too. We’re considering an upgrade in the sub 60 lac range, so I’ve requested a test drive through the hyundai website. Was told by the executive on the phone that the current waiting period is 5 to 6 months.
Old 27th March 2023, 18:42   #96
BHPian

Some people in the first lot were given delivery timeline of end of March, has anyone had their car delivered?
Old 27th March 2023, 21:35   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Some people in the first lot were given delivery timeline of end of March, has anyone had their car delivered?
Was asked to sort out the finance side asap as they intend to deliver as per schedule.

The local dealership hasn’t received a test drive vehicle as of yet but that is fine as I’ll be taking it regardless.

Booked on the evening of the launch incase anyone’s wondering.

Last edited by zandot : 27th March 2023 at 21:37.
zandot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 22:18   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Three cars allotted in the first lot to Thane will get delivered in the first or second week of April. I’m one of those 3.
venom_op is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 22:25   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Three cars allotted in the first lot to Thane will get delivered in the first or second week of April. I’m one of those 3.
That's great. What about financing and insurance. What kind of deals did you get on those?

I talked to my booking relationship manager, he says even though test drives are delayed, the delivery of cars should be on or even before time which good.
Old 28th March 2023, 23:29   #100
BHPian

Quote:
That's great. What about financing and insurance. What kind of deals did you get on those?

I talked to my booking relationship manager, he says even though test drives are delayed, the delivery of cars should be on or even before time which good.
They actually gave one quote and then randomly raised it to 2.5L which is obscene! I told them I’ll get the insurance done myself.

Financing was already sorted in my case.
venom_op is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 23:59   #101
BHPian

Quote:
They actually gave one quote and then randomly raised it to 2.5L which is obscene! I told them I’ll get the insurance done myself.

Do let us know what insurance provider you end up with and how much you paid for it.
Old 29th March 2023, 11:14   #102
BHPian

That's a bit ridiculous! I've been told insurance is about 1.05 lakh plus registration/TCS etc will be approx 1 more lakh that will be paid to dealership rest will go to Hyundai directly.

Also been informed the dealers don't have any accessories yet, as I asked to purchase 3d mats + boot liner to be given at time of delivery.

Quote:

Thought I would share this for those interested in installing a dash cam in their vehicle, it takes the power from the rear view mirror saving a lot of wiring and headache. They don't deliver directly to India but I used a drop shipper and it worked out to around $50 all in.

https://dongar.tech/products/hyundaikia

Several videos on youtube about this, heres a few links

Last edited by Sheel : 29th March 2023 at 11:34. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
zandot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 08:10   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandot View Post
That's a bit ridiculous! I've been told insurance is about 1.05 lakh plus registration/TCS etc will be approx 1 more lakh that will be paid to dealership rest will go to Hyundai directly.
Who gave you this quote of 1.05 Lakhs for insurance?
Old 30th March 2023, 18:36   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Got intimation for payment. Will make the payment tomorrow. Estimated time of delivery in 2 weeks. Insurance is still a issue as most of the companies have not updated this car. If anybody gets cheaper options please update here.
rishi7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 19:44   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi7 View Post
Got intimation for payment. Will make the payment tomorrow. Estimated time of delivery in 2 weeks. Insurance is still a issue as most of the companies have not updated this car. If anybody gets cheaper options please update here.
I have been asked to make the payment too. The process given is as following:
1) I transfer the money to Hyundai motors India (HMI)
2) After that, HMI will release the engine number and chassis number to me.
3) I need to procure the insurance and provide it to HMI.
4) Hyundai motor will do a temporary registration (TR) in Chennai and ship the car on a flat bed.
5) Once car comes to Bangalore, dealer will do the registration and do the accessaries fitment.

I am unsure of this TR. Does it mean that any damage during transit is covered under my insurance? I have asked dealer to get me the clarification.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks