Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2007, 12:12   #1576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
nature playing games in coorg

Just like Bunny's image, this image too appears to be underexposed. With so much direct sunlight, the mountains can't be dark in reality. Your camera has obviously under-exposed the mountains because of a bright light source (sun) in the frame. This photo needs post-processing to properly expose the tones you saw in reality.
Old 7th October 2007, 20:56   #1577
BHPian

The same image after some PP (lightroom).

Hellcat.
Old 7th October 2007, 22:10   #1578
BHPian

I like NIPs original . Its got a sense of mystery and surreal beauty to it. Agreed it might not have been what NIP saw through his eyes. Nevertheless i vote for the surreal beauty. As for the stitched panoramas(assuming) of the offroad trails the first one looks great and the second one is a bit confusing.

Last edited by Venkatesh.C : 7th October 2007 at 22:16.
Old 7th October 2007, 22:19   #1579
BHPian

Opening Account

Folks, Here is something to open my account here. I have done most of my experiments using negative film and they are all at least 4 years old. I have not done any experiments using digital due to various reasons (time being the fundamental one). So here is a few i digital pics i have (none experiments like Samurai san's or Mayavis.)

Last edited by Venkatesh.C : 7th October 2007 at 22:23.
Old 7th October 2007, 22:59   #1580
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
No issues.. Actually i wanted to post the real pic, and hence didnt work on it in photoshop. Loved the effect of darkness in clouds and hence posted the pic as it
Agree with you - I too liked the silhouette appearance of the original better.
Old 8th October 2007, 00:13   #1581
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
I like NIPs original . Its got a sense of mystery and surreal beauty to it. Agreed it might not have been what NIP saw through his eyes.
My philosophy is little different. I shoot a scene because I like what I see. If I can't exactly reproduce what I saw, I consider it a failure. Sure, I do cleanup the photo to some extent, but I like stay faithful to the original exposure. Of course, there is no rule, it is just a preference of mine.

This one is for today. I call it Life finds a way.
Old 8th October 2007, 00:37   #1582
BHPian

San, cant agree more. Sometimes the intention is also to underexpose to give it a surreal look to it (like all silhoutes and sunsets). More often than not the under exposure is accidental. In this case i do not know what it is. But is looking good nevertheless.
And a great subject and a great title. Where do you find your subjects? do you always walk around with your camera with you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
My philosophy is little different. I shoot a scene because I like what I see. If I can't exactly reproduce what I saw, I consider it a failure. Sure, I do cleanup the photo to some extent, but I like stay faithful to the original exposure. Of course, there is no rule, it is just a preference of mine.

This one is for today. I call it Life finds a way.
Old 8th October 2007, 08:11   #1583
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And a great subject and a great title. Where do you find your subjects? do you always walk around with your camera with you?
I do 90% of my photography without leaving my home, all the flower shots (even the last one) you have seen recently are from my garden. Even this one is shot from the house window.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post576869

BTW, your sunflower shot is excellent, wish it had little more DOF though.
Old 8th October 2007, 10:22   #1584
BHPian

San, thats amazing! you live in quite some place.

Thanks for the compliments. I have a whole bunch of 20-30 pics of the very same thing. I wanted this one this way(shallow DOF). But it got too shallow for my own liking.
Another thing is that the lens i used for this one sucks big time. Its an el-cheapo Tamaron 70-300 thats 10 years old. Its probably got a ton of fungus in it too (havent checked / cleaned it in a while )
Will have to improve my work and stop giving excuses
Old 8th October 2007, 11:08   #1585
NIP
Senior - BHPian

sam, guys, the first pic was not how i saw it thru my eyes...rightly pointed out. but when i actually saw the pic on my cam, it had this eerie feel to it. i did PP it a wee bit...but i think i like my original better too.

venkatesh...the second panorama is a place called chelavara in coorg. you can see the trail on the left and the valley onto the right...why is it so confusing ? btw...that sunflower pic is simply superb ! love the yellows !!
Old 8th October 2007, 14:25   #1586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
venkatesh...the second panorama is a place called chelavara in coorg. you can see the trail on the left and the valley onto the right...why is it so confusing ? !!
Its confusing coz unless you mmention the subject one does not understand why the trail is in the frame. Whereas your other pic is about the trail and it tells the story beautifully.
I would loved the hills without the trail. Nothing else the pic is just fine otherwise.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:47   #1587
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
San, thats amazing! you live in quite some place.
Just a coincidence you told this today. An hour back I was home for lunch. Our servant reported seeing a snake right under the Hibiscus tree whose flowers I have featured many times in this thread. So I went out to investigate and basically chase it out of the fence. No, I didn't take the camera. I was able to spot it under the bushes, as I moved closer, it took flight at an amazing speed and crossed the road. Needless to add it was a rat snake, about 5-6ft long.
Old 8th October 2007, 17:02   #1588
BHPian

I tweaked this in PS to get these pretty colours...

Old 8th October 2007, 18:50   #1589
BHPian

Hey! a good colours @gkrish.
Samurai san, where exactly is this coastal karnataka you live at? Coorg area?
Old 8th October 2007, 19:01   #1590
Team-BHP Support

Coorg is nowhere near the coast, I am in Udupi district, in a village bordering Manipal.

Most Viewed