Team-BHP - The Official non-auto Image thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Et Cetera (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/)
-   -   The Official non-auto Image thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/et-cetera/4477-official-non-auto-image-thread-110.html)

Raghav, your composition are nice, but these pictures need some serious post-processing to make them look great. Check the potential: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/308734-post14.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellcat (Post 589730)

Hellcat.

Nice shot there Hellcat..the horizon could be cropped and a wee bit more saturation would look great..
Venkatesh, i guess you over did PP on this one!!looks very harsh

Thats right Shaz, I wanted to give it a gloss filter look and it got oversharp and over saturated

My contribution for today.

@rjstyles - super pic !!!

reduce the black border thickness though.. it'll make the pic look much better imho.

Rjstyles,good pic. I'm curious to see how the pic will look without the rocks bottom right foreground and the man walking towards the boat. Do post an alteration if possible :) good one pal

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 593759)
My contribution for today.

Great pic.

Can somebody tell me how to create that border in PS. I use a long tedious process of layers. Any one knows a simple solution?

I know there are web packages you can use in PS that will create a web album out of a folder of pics and also create borders , copyrights etc. I'm unable to recite htem off memory as i dont have PS on my laptop.
here is another way to create borders, create a canvas thats slightly larger than the image, fill it with black and put the image on the top layer. Not really a long process but it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayavi (Post 593787)
Great pic.

Can somebody tell me how to create that border in PS. I use a long tedious process of layers. Any one knows a simple solution?

Hi Mayavi,
Here is a very quick way to create a simple but effective border around your image, this is the way that I do it but there are other methods too.

Once you have your image completed.

Step 1
Select > all (Ctrl+A)

Step 2
Edit > Stroke

A box will open where you have options to select colour, width, location and opacity. I usually select my colour and the width but leave location set to centre/Inside.

Step 3
Select > Deselect. (Ctrl+D)

The above method will give you a quick and simple method of putting a clean border around your image, you can repeat the above a second time but with a smaller size and a different colour, this will give you more than one colour of border but is still not that impressive…

Yes, this is for photoshop only. Hope this help.
Have nice time.
Biju

gateway (to the west) Arch, St louis, MO.

from inside the arch, on mississipi river.

again

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 582019)
extreme_torque, I don't shoot jpeg these days, so I don't have the jpeg from camera. May be I can try that experiment next time, after all this view was shot from my home.

Today I shot with JPEG+RAW mode just as I promised other day.

The JPEG Image, untouched, only in-camera processing.

The raw image, after post-processing in PS.

Few pics of leaves...

Dude. I like the 2nd pic. Can you take the same pic with a greate DOF wherein the all of the leaf's fingers??? are sharp and the rest is blurred?
If my guess is right (which is more often wrong than right) you blurred portions of the snap during PP.
The leaf in the background (left) has sharper tip than the leaf in the foreground which is quite impossible using optics.
Also i'm quite keen to learn how you got the rose/pink stuff during PP? Can you share the knowledge pls? :)

@samurai san, the raw image without PP pls. or the JPEG with PP pls.

^^ The only PP I did was using DPP, to adjust the white balance and change the picture style to "faithful". Except for these 2 changes, the image is as it is from camera. I was testing a new lens, so was not concentrating that much on the composition and all.

I dont know how to do partial blurring of the images in PS or using any other tool.

Quote:

how you got the rose/pink stuff during PP?
The leaves are pink themselves...

Quote:

Can you take the same pic with a greate DOF wherein the all of the leaf's fingers???
This one would have fallen by now... will try another leaf tomorrow if possible.