Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2007, 13:28   #781
BHPian

Yamaha R1

Took these pics early this morning ...hope you guys like it..

Old 30th March 2007, 00:29   #782
BHPian

heres my contribution .. this 'Praying Mantis' was shot on my K790i.. further edited a little bit.

Last edited by hkanitkar : 30th March 2007 at 00:33.
Old 30th March 2007, 01:08   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Sunday lazy afternoon at 'Out of the blue'. That's Sam's drink. Phone camera picture so don't shout about the quality.

Ufffff!!! What a picture!!! Only Mr Rudra Sen can manage to get something like this one on a phone cam that too...huh!!! I mean just look at that angle!!! Absolutely beautiful!!! Hats off you to Rudra sir...

Anyways, which phone is this???

Last edited by The Wolf : 30th March 2007 at 01:12.
Old 30th March 2007, 02:48   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
heres my contribution .. this 'Praying Mantis' was shot on my K790i.. further edited a little bit.

Nice focus!(or is it sharpened in photoshop?) You must have crawled along with it to get this shot.
Old 30th March 2007, 12:19   #785
Team-BHP Support

My snap for the day.
Consider this snap to be a favourite of mine.

Old 30th March 2007, 15:18   #786
BHPian

@Ben :Its a nice shot but again you forgot to crop the pic. If that one guy who is standing in the middle was also sitting it would have been even better. You should be having a steady hand to take this shot.

Heres my shot of the day

and some beach shots

Old 30th March 2007, 15:47   #787
Team-BHP Support

Love the one with the dog!
Old 30th March 2007, 16:42   #788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If that one guy who is standing in the middle was also sitting it would have been even better.
Navin, IMO, that is subjective. I think, that part of the photo is good as it is.
Old 31st March 2007, 04:58   #789
BHPian

Thanks Rishism & Rtech. And yes Summer has already started burning the planet and maybe thats why many of our BHPians have smoked their car headlights. See now they have also got SUNGLASSES.
Old 31st March 2007, 11:32   #790
Team-BHP Support

My friends called me crazy when I tried this shot, they said I can never hope to get something useful by pointing that lens directly at the sun during noon. But I got this in one attempt.

Thanksgiving weekend (1993) somewhere at Washington D.C.

You know, when I think back to film days, it was lot tougher. One never knew how the shot came out until you came back from the trip and get the film developed. These days we have the luxury of shoot/review/reshoot/review until we get it right. When I look back at the old negatives, I see that I shot most shots only once and I mostly got it right. Can't say I have that much accuracy with the dSLR now. Are we getting sloppy or what!
Old 31st March 2007, 14:39   #791
BHPian

Samurai Sir, I have never touched a SLR before but read a lot about it. There are people who still rely on SLR's and comeout with beautiful pics.
Your pic is beautiful. I too like taking pics keeping the Sun behind the subject. Hope you wont mind if I crop it and do some PS work.

Old 31st March 2007, 15:10   #792
BHPian

@navin_bhp - thanks a lot. I havent sharpened the image in PS .. only some light and colour adjustments were done up.

have about 120 shots of same insect - thats when i got this near-perfect shot. and i never had to crawl, but keeping the phone on concrete has given its sides a few scratches
Old 31st March 2007, 20:56   #793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
Samurai Sir, I have never touched a SLR before but read a lot about it. There are people who still rely on SLR's and comeout with beautiful pics.
You mistook my comment entirely. I was not putting down SLRs, they are obviously superior to regular cameras. This photo was taken using film SLR in 1993 and now I use a digital SLR. I was comparing between film era vs digital era. We were very careful clickers during film era, because film costs money and we couldn't check our result instantly. Imagine visiting some distant place, taking 2 rolls of film shots, then come back and develop the film roll and find most of the snaps bad. So we were very careful while taking photos using film cameras. These days you can keep clicking and deleting until you get it right, there is no film cost and no risk of bad shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_bhp View Post
Your pic is beautiful. I too like taking pics keeping the Sun behind the subject. Hope you wont mind if I crop it and do some PS work.
I don't mind you cropping it, but I had left that sky intentionally. I could have cropped it and turned it into a narrow portrait like you did, but that would give a different sense.

This photo was taken in the middle of the crowded city of Wash.D.C. If I remember correctly I took lots of time to compose this shot to avoid every building in the vicinity. Those days we amateurs didn't have cropping ability, we couldn't recompose the shot later in photoshop, all composing was final once we click. I composed the shot this way to show that this majestic pillar stood alone. Cropping the empty sky around it will take away that feeling. Therefore, I didn't crop it even after getting it in digital format. Something like this: #5 Space Makes You Think: Composition: Photography Techniques: Learn: Digital Photography Review
Old 31st March 2007, 21:34   #794
BHPian

Old 31st March 2007, 21:44   #795
Team-BHP Support

This is a nice one navdeep. Spend some money to get a good quality inkjet print. Atleast 20/24inches in size.

Most Viewed