Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2019, 03:04   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Wrote to them and they are considering a partial refund.
Escalate to AliExpress and I think they will resolve this better. Tell them this is unusable.
Old 8th January 2019, 10:49   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Home automation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Escalate to AliExpress and I think they will resolve this better. Tell them this is unusable.
Thanks, will do that concurrently. However, is there any way to make this work using any homegrown remedy. Maybe, replace with screws/other tightening methods?
Old 8th January 2019, 10:53   #78
BHPian

Quote:
However, is there any way to make this work using any homegrown remedy. Maybe, replace with screws/other tightening methods?
This is a push lock type connector, I imagine you can push in with the right tool or screwdriver to allow you to insert the wire and lock it. Alternately you can remove the white push buttons from one and insert into the other device so you have one functioning device. Also suggest you open up the case to check if these have fallen inside by any chance. Rattling it may also give you a clue if they are in there.
Old 8th January 2019, 11:57   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Not happy with the Sonoff Official Store on Aliexpress. On opening the boxes I found 2 wiring clamps missing from each switch.

Wrote to them and they are considering a partial refund. Any ideas on if I can do jugaad here and still use them safely (remember dishwasher and washing machine to be connected!)?

Please help!
Just raise a dispute requesting for a full refund saying damaged goods. Attach images while submitting the dispute. You will get the full refund or ask them to send replacement.

They will be more cooperative when a dispute is raised.
Old 8th January 2019, 12:19   #80
Senior - BHPian

I need to use some WiFi cameras around the House. I should be able to see a combined collage of the image remotely and choose to see one of them in detail. Are there any readymade integrated solutions for this ?
I dont want something that continuously sends the stream to cloud though. I should see it only when I connect to it remotely.
Old 20th March 2019, 06:54   #81
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,
I have tp link w8968 modem at home and was contemplating a idea of using a wifi plug for tubelight in Hall. We usually go for a weeklong trips and want the tubelight to be controlled by my mobile. Is this possible using my modem and some wifi plug to tubelight?
Any advice on how to go about this would be of great help.

Thanks very much,
Ramki
Old 20th March 2019, 07:57   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Is this possible using my modem and some wifi plug to tubelight?
There are many brands of smart sockets and smart spike busters. I use xiaomi and purchased from eBay and aliexpress. There are also smart wifi modules from eWeLink that can do this for you. I use them for my garage lights, motor, air conditioners, washing machine, pressure pump etc. I use it to time control things like the garage and outdoor lights and or monitor if something is running and the power consumption.
Old 21st March 2019, 03:24   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
There are many brands of smart sockets and smart spike busters. I use xiaomi and purchased from eBay and aliexpress. Therel are also smart wifi modules from eWeLink that can do this for you. I use them for my garage lights, motor, air conditioners, washing machine, pressure pump etc. I use it to time control things like the garage and outdoor lights and or monitor if something is running and the power consumption.
Thanks very much. Any links for the products?
Old 21st March 2019, 09:01   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Thanks very much. Any links for the products?
Just search Amazon IN for Sonoff WiFi switches. As diyguy put it there is a plethora of brands; Sonoff is a medium good brand from China. If you buy from Amazon IN, the rates are higher than, say Aliexpress.

I have 22 Sonoff switches, smart plugs and bulbs in my villa
Old 23rd April 2019, 22:44   #85

Hello,

I have a Sonoff TH16. I cannot put it into 'Auto' mode. When I hit the toggle button, I get an error - Failed to read data from sensor, please check sensor connection.

Please help me to fix this problem. Thank you.
Old 24th April 2019, 17:25   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
Hello,

I have a Sonoff TH16. I cannot put it into 'Auto' mode. When I hit the toggle button, I get an error - Failed to read data from sensor, please check sensor connection.

Please help me to fix this problem. Thank you.
Have you tried removing and plugging in the sensor cable? Does it show the temperature readings in manual?
Old 24th April 2019, 18:57   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone tried the Yi or Mi IP cameras? I had 4 D-Link cameras but 2 stopped working and their service centre is located far off near near Town Hall, BLR. Toying with the other brands but means separate apps again. Any thoughts?
Old 24th April 2019, 19:03   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Have you tried removing and plugging in the sensor cable? Does it show the temperature readings in manual?
1. I have the plain jane model. That is, no sensors attached to it. Its purpose is to turn on and off, the "device" at specified times every day.

2. It has been working flawlessly for almost a year now.

3. After posting here, I found that there was a firmware update available, so I did that but no go.

4. Then I removed the device from the app and added it back going through the setup process again but the issue remains the same.

Any other ideas?
Old 24th April 2019, 19:13   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
1. I have the plain jane model. That is, no sensors attached to it. Its purpose is to turn on and off, the "device" at specified times every day.

2. It has been working flawlessly for almost a year now.

3. After posting here, I found that there was a firmware update available, so I did that but no go.

4. Then I removed the device from the app and added it back going through the setup process again but the issue remains the same.

Any other ideas?
The auto mode for TH10/16 works with a compatible temperature sensor. It is to turn on/off devices at a particular temperature.

The temperature sensor plugs into the 3.5 mm slot on the side.
Old 15th May 2019, 23:06   #90
BHPian

I installed a pressure pump controlled by a Danfoss pressure switch KP35 in Nov 2018. Last week when I came home found the pressure pump running non-stop and noticed it had run up a power usage of 4 units when normal consumption is 1.2 a day. Realized the pressure switch has failed and the pump had been running for more than 3-4 hours and was lucky it had caused no serious damage. I wasn't able to replace the faulty pressure switch and we left the next night on a holiday abroad. I had turned off the wifi switch of the pressure pump the day the pressure switch failed to prevent the pump from running in absence of a pressure controller. However my wifi switch has a setting to turn itself on when recovering from a power outage and this caused the pressure pump to turn back on when we were holidaying abroad. When I checked my devices randomly I found the pressure pump running for more than 10-12 hours and it had consumed 9 units with no one at home. Was lucky to escape a mishap again as I noticed it and remotely was able to turn it off.
Wanted ideas from others here if they have installed any overrun protection for a pressure pump to turn off in such a situation. Maybe a high pressure switch that would cut off power to the pump once it has crossed a certain psi? Or should I install a second redundant pressure switch in series? What is the right solution here.

Last edited by diyguy : 15th May 2019 at 23:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks