Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2017, 22:18   #736
BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I do see Amazon Prime videos App available for Xbox live in other countries, but not in India. Just a sloppy release of their Prime videos without seeing they have enabled apps in country they are releasing. Netflix did better, they enabled their app in Xbox live in India before marketing their release. Complained to Amazon customer care, they said their technical team is looking into it.
Just change your Xbox region in the settings and you'd go to the North American store, download the app and you'd be able to use your Indian Amazon Prime account on the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I want to reignite my passion for gaming. I used to play a heck lot of games during school time but eventually lost interest with passage of time.

I mostly used to play sports games like FIFA, F1, Moto GP, TOCA, and related similar type of games on PC.

Now considering my area of interest in gaming limited to sports/racing, please suggest me the product that I should go for?

A good gaming PC, A Sony Play station or XBOX.

Since I am new to Play stations, I don't have much knowledge about them.

Please suggest.
I mean that depends on your play style. If you want a desk, chair and play at work or your work room or something, PC. If you wanna do couch, controller at home and can't keep up with the tech upgrades every year or two with the PC, then go with a console.

If PC, pick a budget and build a rig within that budget. Games are cheaper on PC with sales all over the place, gaming client like Steam, GOG and other places on the web.

If console, you'd have to pick one, and as of right now, PlayStation has better choice of exclusives. You won't find as many game sales with consoles though as you'd find on the PC.

As for the games that you have mentioned, what the hell is TOCA?
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:00   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
As for the games that you have mentioned, what the hell is TOCA?

TOCA was a game developed by CodeMasters. It's full form is Touring Cars. Mainly a rally race game.
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:23   #738
Senior - BHPian

The ideal way to play sim racers like TOCA is to use a steering wheel like the G27/G29 connected to a PC. Consoles aren't even remotely in the game for stuff like this.
Old 24th April 2017, 12:07   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Just change your Xbox region in the settings and you'd go to the North American store, download the app and you'd be able to use your Indian Amazon Prime account on the app.
Not that easy. Once you change the region to North America, you wont be able to change back your Xbox Gold account to India for another 3 months. And my one year Gold membership will not be valid for new region. Too much complications.
Old 25th April 2017, 19:14   #740
JLS
BHPian

5000 off Offer on FlipKart for Ps4

Hello All,
There is an offer on Flipkart for PS4.
On any credit card / debit card, you get 5000 off!

I ordered Ps4 500 GB with two controllers for 24,999 - official price 29,999.

Seems this may not last long.

JLS

Last edited by JLS : 25th April 2017 at 19:15.
Old 25th April 2017, 19:27   #741
Senior - BHPian

Re: 5000 off Offer on FlipKart for Ps4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Hello All,
There is an offer on Flipkart for PS4.
On any credit card / debit card, you get 5000 off!

I ordered Ps4 500 GB with two controllers for 24,999 - official price 29,999.

Seems this may not last long.

JLS
The PS4 pro is a much better bet now since devs are actively working to improve the visuals for the new platform and mostly giving the base PS4 the cold shoulder.
Old 1st May 2017, 09:03   #742
BHPian

So, after Xbox One, I am planning to get Nintendo switch. I will get it from Australia (22k INR).
Anyone with experience?
In India, it's quite expensive at 34k at the moment.
Old 1st May 2017, 10:07   #743
BHPian

Any PS4 Destiny players around here?
I've been playing it since it came out about 3 years back and it has spoiled me completely since I'm unable to play any other shooters.

Will be getting Destiny 2 as well.
Old 23rd September 2017, 06:46   #744
BHPian

Dishonored 2 (PS 4)

Dishonored 2 as the name suggests is the follow up to under appreciated Dishonored game that Arkane released in 2012.

The action now shifts by a decade from the previous game and you can opt to play as Corvo Attano - the queen's bodyguard who was the main character in the first part - or as Emily Kaldwin, the Princess.

The game starts and ends in the fictional city of Dunwall but you have missions to complete in a city called Karnaca.

The most beautiful missions in this game are Mission 4 : The Clockwork Mansion & Mission 7 : A Crack In The Slab.

Mission 4 takes place in a mansion where pulling levers changes the layout of the room allowing you to escape enemies and complete your task.

Mission 7 takes place in another mansion and you are given a time piece allowing you to travel between the past and present such that actions you take in the past will affect / alter how the present turns out.

This game has a lot of collectibles, a few puzzles and great superpowers. Teleporting, mesmerizing and inhabiting the bodies of rats or other humans are some of the cool powers you have to acquire.

Collectibles include runes, bonecharms, maps, keys, elixers and other sundry weaponry.

The cities of Dunwall and Karnaca have a steam-pump feel to it and if you do not rush but take your time, you can enjoy the scenery and appreciate the amount of time and effort the developers have taken for the second game.

As always, how you play will affect how the other characters respond to you. You can go slash and burn or take your time and go the stealth way. Going stealth is somehow more pleasurable and very satisfying.

YouTuber Zevik has wonderful play-throughs for Emily and Corvo and I would suggest you visit his play-through whenever you are stuck.

There is another very cool feature in this game. After the first playthrough, if you want to replay the game, please select New+ option as this will allow you to carry forward all the runes you collected in your previous playthroughs. Highly recommended since you start the game and after the introduction, the game allows you to convert your runes into superpowers and you can maximize each superpower with previously collected runes.

I have played this game numerous times and plan to restart on the highest difficulty soon.

This game is currently available at a very discounted price due to various sales for Dusshera and now is a great time to buy it and enjoy it.

Happy playing.
Old 24th September 2017, 12:10   #745
BHPian

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (PS4)

This is my attempt to review Tom Clancy's game.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is set in Bolivia. A Mexican drug lord named El Sueno has moved his base of operations to Bolivia. He has captured / killed a DEA agent and your team ( you and 3 more members) is tasked with finding out about the DEA agent and at the same time help local rebels take down the El Sueno network.

Each mission starts in a different province of Bolivia which you have to travel to and you have to perform certain tasks in each province, take down the boss man or lady of that region and hopefully progress till you showdown with El Sueno.

The game is a Third Person Shooter and since i do not play multi-player, i enjoyed the single player campaign.

The game is long but after a while gets repetitive since the kind of tasks to be performed in each province feels similar; save for the main tasks.

This is what a Far Cry game should aspire to be and judging by early previews of Far Cry 5, it seems the Far Cry franchise has taken some lessons from this game.

Buy this game if you love shooter games and want to use various types of guns which you have to unlock by un-boxing ammo caches in various locations in each province.

When you begin the game, you create your own character including the look, outfit and accessories, this cannot be modified during the game.

Stealth is the best way to play this game and the coolest feature here is Sync Shot where you can sync up a few enemies by your gun - sight or drone and your 3 crew members will take them down at your signal. Sync Shot is also an earned skill which is unlocked during the game after certain loot points are achieved.

Good game and at discounted prices now with Dusshera sales.
Enjoy.
Old 7th October 2017, 01:51   #746
BHPian

Just got Dishonored Death of the Outsider for PS4 for Rs 1799 during the Amazon Diwali Sales.
After inserting the disc, there was an approximate 400 mb update.

Game play is awesome as always. Game play is an extension of Dishonored 2.

Will review this game after completing the main campaign and hopefully after few more play throughs in various levels of hardness.

Waiting to pick Wolfenstein 2 & the new Assassin's Creed once the launch during Diwali.

Wolfenstein 2 is getting hammered by Alt-Right Nazis in the US for the wrong reasons though.
Old 12th January 2019, 02:53   #747
Senior - BHPian

Wow, this thread has been dead for some time now. Comeon gamers!!

So I finally assembled a nice machine here during Black Friday. Got some good deals and here are the specs

Processor - AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core
Motherboard - MSI - B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory - CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000
Storage - Patriot SCORCH M.2 2280 128GB PCIe 3.0 x2 with NVMe
Video Card - MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB DUKE
Case - Corsair - Carbide Series 275R (Black) ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply - CORSAIR VS Series VS600
Monitor - Dell Gaming LED-Lit Monitor 27" Black (D2719HGF)
Keyboard/Mouse - Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite

TBH, I hadn't even heard of NVME until a few months back. I got some good deals in a B/M store. Even Amazon couldn't beat their prices!

Back to gaming for a bit on the desktop. Feels good. Though I have nothing against my PS4.

Currently playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Very nice!
Old 13th January 2019, 10:46   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

I've a PS3, although I use it very little for gaming and more as a seamless YouTube experience on TV. I hate modern titles with the drab continuous storyline and gameplay that PS games are usually about. Graphics and frame rate be damned.

My best gaming experience has been as a kid with 90s games like Alley Cat, Pac Man, Paratroopers, Chess, Indiana Jones, Alladin etc. Alley Cat is my all time favorite.. something so pleasurable about short and sweet games that require little learning curve as opposed to PS games that play out like a 10 day movie.
Old 13th January 2019, 11:52   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Not that easy. Once you change the region to North America, you wont be able to change back your Xbox Gold account to India for another 3 months. And my one year Gold membership will not be valid for new region. Too much complications.

Well I own a Xbox, i myself did this when MS had not released Amazon Prime Video for Xbox, Live Gold is not affected.

On the other note i did not know their is a gaming related thread. I'v been a Xbox gamer since 5-6 yrs. Owned initial Xbox One, then Xbox One S and now I have a Xbox One X. I play everyday for 1 hour minimum.

Anyone using Xbox and have an unlimited internet connection, would suggest go for the Game Pass. Its an excellent netflix like service for games, were in you can download number of games from the catalog and play till you own the subscription. New Games are added monthly and old ones are retired. Since this service is launched I did not buy a single game, I can wait for the game to come in the catalog. But many big 4K titles are included, you can check out on the Xbox website. I got 6 months subscription for around Rs.2600/- which is much cheaper than a new single game.

Currently this is my Xbox rig
PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-c00a2b0322b44587b527fe4845660a61.jpeg

- Xbox One X
- Mi 4 55" 4K TV
- Blaupunkt SBW-01 sound bar
- Thrustmaster TMX wheel with force feedback
- Jio 100mbps Fibre net

Anyone on Xbox add me to the friends list, my id is amrutmhatre90
Old 15th January 2019, 21:30   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I've a PS3...My best gaming experience has been as a kid with 90s games like Alley Cat, Pac Man, Paratroopers, Chess, Indiana Jones, Alladin
What a nostalgia my man!! Those were the days. Shooting at the troopers on a Vintron black and white monitor was the best days of the generation. I too have PS3, not using it much these days. Just enjoying PUBG on mobile. Planning to relieve those days by introducing a desktop gig.

Outrun anyone! I remember visiting a fair and winning jam bottles and ketchup by completing Outrun until I was banned.

Last edited by doxinboy : 15th January 2019 at 21:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks