Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2019, 16:16   #766
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
Has anyone played Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt ?
I love RPGs and this is simply one of the best. It lives up to all the hype !!
After reading your post, i did some read-up on the game. Looks like it is top rated by almost all reviewers and the story-line is gripping. I will put it on my To Be Played List! Thanks for the post.
Old 27th August 2019, 16:34   #767
Senior - BHPian

I have Witcher 3. I gave it a go initially when it was released but found it to unwieldy and packed it. After reading your post I will give this a go again.
Old 27th August 2019, 17:39   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
I have Witcher 3. I gave it a go initially when it was released but found it to unwieldy and packed it. After reading your post I will give this a go again.
Witcher 3 is a game that grows on you. The controls feel wacky initially, but once you get used to it, it is a great game, and the story is awesome. Also, the choices you make actually change the game a lot. It is even better if you come from Witcher 2, which is available on Xbox one through backward compatibility.

I finished the game recently and am looking to buy the expansion pass, which adds another 40 hours to the game.
Old 27th August 2019, 17:44   #769
Senior - BHPian

You surely are impressed with it.
I just finished AC Odyssey on PS4. A good time as any to pick the Witcher 3 again and give it one more go.
Old 27th August 2019, 17:55   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
After reading your post, i did some read-up on the game. Looks like it is top rated by almost all reviewers and the story-line is gripping. I will put it on my To Be Played List! Thanks for the post.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Witcher 3 is a game that grows on you. The controls feel wacky initially, but once you get used to it, it is a great game, and the story is awesome. Also, the choices you make actually change the game a lot.
Quote:
You surely are impressed with it.
I just finished AC Odyssey on PS4. A good time as any to pick the Witcher 3 again and give it one more go.

The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt is the best game I have ever played in my whole life! Period. The game play is amazing, the story line is captivating, and the characters are entertaining, haha.

It took me a little over 140 hours to finish the game the first time, and I am going to do it all over again very soon. I also watched my brother, and then a friend finish the whole game.
Even people who are not fans of RPGs love the game, so I highly recommend that every gamer gives it a try!

Quote:
It is even better if you come from Witcher 2, which is available on Xbox one through backward compatibility.

I finished the game recently and am looking to buy the expansion pass, which adds another 40 hours to the game.
Fully agree! The Witcher 2: Assasins Of Kings was the best game I had played back in its day!

The expansion packs for The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt are very worth their money.

Cheers

Last edited by Joxster : 27th August 2019 at 17:57.
Old 27th August 2019, 20:27   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
The expansion packs for The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt are very worth their money.

Cheers
Yet to purchase the expansion pack. Once the main game is completed, I will get it.

Also, has anyone heard of Dark Souls series ? This is brutally difficult. I did progress well in the first game - finally had to give up as it demands lot of dedication and time !
Old 27th August 2019, 21:19   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Also, has anyone heard of Dark Souls series ? This is brutally difficult. I did progress well in the first game - finally had to give up as it demands lot of dedication and time !
I don't think I have the patience or time to play these games. I started the first one and gave up after the first monster killed me around 10 times without me even lifting my weapon. I will stick to the Assassins creeds and GTAs, no Thank you .
Old 28th August 2019, 04:43   #773
BHPian

Hi guys, any feedback on Fifa 20? Planning to buy Champions Edition. Is it worth a buy or should I stick to the regular Edition?
Old 28th August 2019, 07:01   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Witcher 3 is a game that grows on you. The controls feel wacky initially, but once you get used to it, it is a great game, and the story is awesome. Also, the choices you make actually change the game a lot. It is even better if you come from Witcher 2, which is available on Xbox one through backward compatibility.

It's an awesome game, but I keep wanting to pay Gwent and keep losing as I have no idea what happens in it. But it's a quest and the completionist in me won't move on till I have won one round of the mini game.

Also good to stumble upon this recently revived thread, since I have just rekindled my old love, Age of Empires, though now on Steam. Wololo!!

Cheers,
R_S
Old 28th August 2019, 11:23   #775
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think I have the patience or time to play these games .
Had quite a similar outlook regarding the Souls series but then I got into Bloodborne, and phew, did I get hooked. It borders on the sadistic, but the game is not unfair. And the lore is on another level.
Old 28th August 2019, 14:04   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Yet to purchase the expansion pack. Once the main game is completed, I will get it.
There are two - Blood & Wine and Hearts of Stone. They are both really worth it!
Just a tip. If you want to make the ending battle with the Wild Hunt easier, you can do the expansion packs before, which will mean that Geralt is 20+ levels higher than he would normally be, and with better weapons and armor.

Quote:
I watched my brother try to play the first Dark Souls, and decided that I would never try. It's really a rage game. Definitely not for people who have anger management issues

Quote:
I don't think I have the patience or time to play these games. I started the first one and gave up after the first monster killed me around 10 times without me even lifting my weapon.
Fully agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
It's an awesome game, but I keep wanting to pay Gwent and keep losing as I have no idea what happens in it. But it's a quest and the completionist in me won't move on till I have won one round of the mini game.
It's a really awesome game! And I love the concept of a game within a game

Maybe this tutorial can help you improve your Gwent skills?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
Also good to stumble upon this recently revived thread, since I have just rekindled my old love, Age of Empires, though now on Steam. Wololo!!
Me too! I'm so happy that Microsoft is finally working on the AOE series again....can't wait for AOE 4!!!

Cheers
Old 28th August 2019, 18:22   #777
Senior - BHPian

Witcher 3. I've owned the disc for so long but haven't gotten down to playing it for long stretches. That card game put me off for a bit and then I had trouble killing a werewolf and I gave up. But I loved the gameplay and my nephew finished it completely.

Will start again and put in some time. Post up once I complete it.

Got the Spider-Man game on PS4. Wow, such lovely gameplay!
Old 28th August 2019, 19:38   #778
Senior - BHPian

I got Witcher 3 GOTY edition, which supposedly contains all the DLCs. I enjoy exploring the unknown places. However, the loading time is too much on xbox one s, and I try my best not to let my character die in fear of the loading time! Also, the inventory management is little too involved.

I loved Far Cry 4 the best so far, and equally matched by Shadow of War. The fighting mechanism in both is just amazing, compared to laggy uninvolved fighting in Witcher 3. There are no weapon varieties in witcher 3, it is just a sword and lots of jumping around from wraiths.

I also tried Diablo III on xbox one, in fond memory of Diablo II on PC a decade ago. However it is too much of a button masher for my taste, and so it is packed up.
Old 28th August 2019, 19:51   #779
Distinguished - BHPian

Gamers, anyone know how I can play these three old games on my Windows 10 laptop today:

*Super Contra
*Heretic 2
*Quake 2

In what format will they be available now (obviously not CD/DVD anymore)? Can I even still buy these?

Thanks in advance.
Old 28th August 2019, 20:50   #780
BHPian

Quote:
It is a really good game, currently there are talks of a show or movie on Wichter, guess who is playing the lead role, Henry Cavill a.k.a the latest Superman.

Currently playing Batman Arkham series again, one of the best superhero games try it out.

Below are few games I played on my Xbox One X:
- The Division 1 & 2
- Forza Motorsport & Horizon series
- Rise of the Tomb Raisder & Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Hitman 2019
- Resident Evil 7
- Battlefield 1
- Gears of War series
- Doom
- Mafia 3
- Quantum Break

Waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 & NFS Heat