Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2020, 03:05   #856
BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
Completed Assassin's Creed Origins after almost a year. Felt like a proper Assassin's creed game after a really long time (Ezio's character was the last I liked). Highly recommended if anyone is interested in Egypt. The graphics are stellar and the game looked nice even on my 5 year old OG Xbox One.
Make sure to play Odyssey! I have played and finished both Origins and Odyssey. And trust me, if you liked Origins, you'll love Odyssey. Won't spoil stuff for you, but it has multiple arc within a main story arc. It really is a master class.
Old 13th April 2020, 09:39   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangakishen View Post
Make sure to play Odyssey! I have played and finished both Origins and Odyssey. And trust me, if you liked Origins, you'll love Odyssey. Won't spoil stuff for you, but it has multiple arc within a main story arc. It really is a master class.
I am playing Odyssey as Alexios now ( Finished as Kassandara once), this is an EPIC open world game . The level of details of Greece and almost Witcher like consequences (not that intense) are compelling reason to play. Finished the Origins sometime back.

Is the Season pass worth it ?, for AC Odyssey
Old 13th April 2020, 10:41   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
Due to COVID-19 lockdown, I somehow manage to get some time to play on my PS4 & on my Laptop.
I like how you have removed your shoes, like it's my holy zone, no shoes allowed
That table surely gives a nice 3D feel of driving, but that's a sick setup
yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 14:45   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHkrish View Post
I am playing Odyssey as Alexios now ( Finished as Kassandara once), this is an EPIC open world game . The level of details of Greece and almost Witcher like consequences (not that intense) are compelling reason to play. Finished the Origins sometime back.

Is the Season pass worth it ?, for AC Odyssey
I bought Odyssey during the recent sale on Microsoft Store and am playing it currently. Love this game so far. Have played most of the Assassins creed games and this is among the top Assassins games I've played.

I have played all the games in the Ezio series, Assassins Creed III, Black Flag and Origins.

Compared to Origins, I feel that Odyssey is way better. I love that the developers have taken cues from another of my Favourite game series (The Witcher series).

I would like to buy the Season pass once I'm done with the main game. I watched the trailer for the Atlantis expansion pack and am intrigued.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 10:42   #860
BHPian

I am currently occupied with some survival horror games given the current "flavour" of releases in recent months. Currently playing Doom eternal, The Evil Within 2 & Rebooted Dead Space 2 from my steam account to play on my laptop. I have a first gen HP Omen which was the only gen with sleek design and great looks - non - gaming looks🙂
Old 14th April 2020, 10:53   #861
BHPian

Any online racers here?

We could set up a Team-BHP championship or a one-off race on Project Cars 2 or Gran Turismo on PS4.
Old 14th April 2020, 10:56   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishchal316 View Post
Due to COVID-19 lockdown, I somehow manage to get some time to play on my PS4 & on my Laptop. The PS4 was bought specifically to play Car Racing Games like the Gran Turismo Sport, Project Cars , Dirt & F1.

Processor - Intel i5 8th Gen 8300H 2.3Ghz, Turbo Boost upto 4Ghz
Graphics Card - GeForce GTX 1050 4GB
RAM - 8GB DDR4@2400MHZ
Attachment 1993027
Thanks for the price breakup. I was looking for a similar setup last year, when I had temporarily borrowed an Xbox. Then was bogged down by the prices of many games like Dirt2 etc.

In case you have any download links for Dirt2 PC version or any other games of similar genre or sports games for PC, please do PM me. I am currently looking at games that are not too hardware hungry, besides my laptop isn't compatible with most of the latest games.
Old 14th April 2020, 11:35   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
I am currently looking at games that are not too hardware hungry, besides my laptop isn't compatible with most of the latest games.
I don't know about your system but increasing the air intake of the laptop helps a lot, i started playing games on my Laptop after a year and i noticed frame drops and other performance issues.

I opened the laptop, cleaned it from the inside, there was a lot of dust, specially at the air intake grill and the fans.
The other thing what i do is put some things under the laptop to lift it up for better ventilation and put a fan next to it for fresh supply of air. And the performance is back
Attached Thumbnails
PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-img_20200414_112625.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 12:36   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
Anyone here plays any of the F1 games on Xbox One?
Yup I play, I use a simulator with paddle shifters, man the whole experience is amazing with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastturtle10 View Post
Just sharing a picture I took recently on Forza Horizon 4. Picture credits to me but off-roading credits to my father. It looked amazing in person and further shows just how well developed Horizon 4 is.
The main reason I bought Xbox was to play Forza, the graphics and the gameplay is amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
I don't know about your system but increasing the air intake of the laptop helps a lot, i started playing games on my Laptop after a year and i noticed frame drops and other performance issues.
This happens a lot in our country as lot of dust gets accumulated, I used to clean my laptop every 6 months just to make sure everything is fine.
BTW GTA5 is an amazing game, just finished replaying it and playing GTA online right now.
Old 14th April 2020, 12:58   #865
Senior - BHPian

Another question w.r.t graphics card on laptops. Did anyone of you notice any perceptible difference in Intel HD Graphics vs. dedicated Graphics memory while playing any of the games like GTA5 etc.
Old 14th April 2020, 13:54   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
The main reason I bought Xbox was to play Forza, the graphics and the gameplay is amazing.
Same here; when I was presented with the option of PS4 or Xbox, I personally liked the PS4 better since PS4 had more of the games that I liked, however I always wanted to play Forza and that's why I ended up getting the Xbox. I managed to find a lot of games that actually were fun in the Xbox and now I am extremely satisfied. To this day I do not regret getting an Xbox and would happily make the same decision again.
fastturtle10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 14:07   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Another question w.r.t graphics card on laptops. Did anyone of you notice any perceptible difference in Intel HD Graphics vs. dedicated Graphics memory while playing any of the games like GTA5 etc.
There's absolutely no question about this. Discrete GPUs will always blow away inbuilt graphics. In the screenshot below, the comparison is between the Intel UHD 630 from the 8th Gen Intel CPUs vs the NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti.

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-comparo.jpg

Source: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...56797vsm223242

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 14:18   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Same here; when I was presented with the option of PS4 or Xbox, I personally liked the PS4 better since PS4 had more of the games that I liked, however I always wanted to play Forza and that's why I ended up getting the Xbox. I managed to find a lot of games that actually were fun in the Xbox and now I am extremely satisfied. To this day I do not regret getting an Xbox and would happily make the same decision again.
Getting PlayStation vs Xbox always boils down to which exclusives you want to play. I am a big fan of Halo & Gears Of War franchise, so picking Xbox over PlayStation was a easy decision.
Old 14th April 2020, 14:26   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Getting PlayStation vs Xbox always boils down to which exclusives you want to play. I am a big fan of Halo & Gears Of War franchise, so picking Xbox over PlayStation was a easy decision.

I mainly wanted to play Forza Horizon but I also wanted to play NBA2K20, fortunately it was available with Xbox but unfortunately I can't crossplay with my friends who play 2k20 on PS4. A big thanks to games like Fortnite and Rocket League that allow for crossplay between consoles and PS4.
fastturtle10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 14:31   #870
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Well same here, over the years Microsoft has increased the software and services available on Xbox. People who are keen on purchasing a console should look out these.

1. Backward compatible games - You can get old Xbox, Xbox 360 games for really cheap or free if your friends owned one. This is not yet available on PS4.

2. Xbox Game Pass - This is a must-have if you spend daily playing over games, think of it as a Netflix or Amazon Library for games. You get many new and old games added monthly weekly, you can install and play till your membership expires.
I am currently using the Xbox Ultimate Pass, which costs around Rs.850 per month with taxes, but I get Xbox Live and Xbox Game pass both on Xbox & PC. This is a great deal if you're into multiplayer gaming.
I have stopped purchasing games and its worth it according to me.

I would also like to say I was on the verge of purchasing a PS4, so I was going to keep both Xbox and PS. As I can say few games on PS4 are really good, but I hate the controller

I was selling my old white Xbox one when I got the One X and purchasing PS4 with that money, but did not get proper deals.

But one day will buy a PS4 or PS5 with an Xbox to have best of both worlds.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks