Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2020, 14:02   #946
BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I prefer playing offline though.

And I completed Dark Souls III! During lockdown 1.0. It lasted a week but man, I am blown away by the title. I just wish it lasted a little longer!
I too prefer offline play. Just beat Abyss Watchers today. Was down to my last estus
DS3 is a real gem.
shatananda.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2020, 14:06   #947
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
I too prefer offline play. Just beat Abyss Watchers today. Was down to my last estus
DS3 is a real gem.
Glad to hear from another Ashen One!

If it is too taxing taking a boss solo, don't hesitate to seek help from a summon or two. It's fun seeing AIs wreck another AI.

Take it slow bud. Especially when you're carrying a lot of souls with you. Best to level up/upgrade when you have a bonfire nearby.

Do keep us posted here. I'll be sure to check and respond.

/Praise the sun!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 29th July 2020 at 14:09.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 05:33   #948
BHPian

Ghost of Tsushima on PS4 is turning out to be a cracker so far. I am somewhere near 50% of the game.

Stunning landscapes, great combat. While the mission structure is getting a bit tedious and repetitive, the game is still breathtaking to look at. The Japanese voice acting is beautiful, and fans of Kurosawa will definitely appreciate the soundtrack.
Pequod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 11:59   #949
BHPian

F1 2018 is being offered as free for a limited time in Humbebundle : https://www.humblebundle.com/store/f1-2018-free-game
Justin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 02:17   #950
BHPian

Total War Saga: Troy to Be Free on Launch Day via EPIC Games Store

Quote:
Here's EPIC kicking up its free game offerings up several notches at once. Sega and Creative Assembly, developers of the user and critically-acclaimed Total War videogames, have announced that their latest release on that series, titled Total War Saga: Troy, will be available on launch day, August 13th, when it launches exclusively on EPIC Games Store. Based on Homers' Illiad, "A Total War Saga: TROY focuses on the historical flashpoint of the Trojan War, bringing the conflict to life as never before."

A caveat: the game will only be available for free in the first 24 hours following launch. Any claims after that will be met with the games' real price-tag. How's that for EPIC Games Store exclusivity deals? Check the games' trailer and confirmation of this promotion after the break.

Source

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 03:02   #951
BHPian

Remnant from the Ashes is also free on Epic Store right now.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 11:37   #952
BHPian

Started playing the gem from PS4 - ported to PC recently - Horizon Zero Dawn. While the game is excellent in the 3-4 hours that I have played it, the port is middling to say the least. Lot of fram rates stutters, poor cpu optimisation causing random peak CPU usage, too much RAm usage and weird graphics and artifacts glitching on my GTX 1660Ti. while the game is good on atmosphere and environment with a good photo mode, the port is below par.
Turbo_anup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2020, 19:44   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
Started playing the gem from PS4 - ported to PC recently - Horizon Zero Dawn. While the game is excellent in the 3-4 hours that I have played it, the port is middling to say the least. Lot of fram rates stutters, poor cpu optimisation causing random peak CPU usage, too much RAm usage and weird graphics and artifacts glitching on my GTX 1660Ti. while the game is good on atmosphere and environment with a good photo mode, the port is below par.
I loved that game. It is one of my favourite game. I had read a theory that Guerrilla Games ported HZD to PC as a marketing trick to push PC players to buy Horizon Forbidden West with PS5. Not sure how true it is though!

Can't wait to play Horizon Forbidden West on PS5.
prasathlr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2020, 00:41   #954
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
Horizon Zero Dawn
Incredible title! Just when I thought I had fun with God of War, popped in this disc and damn, I loved it while it lasted. The visuals especially and Aloy, the protagonist! While the game plays at 30 fps on the PS4, it plays just fine without any noticeable lags just like other titles locked at 30 fps. The upcoming sequel for the PS5 would hopefully live up to its name.

Right now, I am waiting for the prices for TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima to come down a bit. I prefer buying online especially after buying some titles from the PS Store during the lockdown period.
Old 15th August 2020, 13:48   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Right now, I am waiting for the prices for TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima to come down a bit. I prefer buying online especially after buying some titles from the PS Store during the lockdown period.
Well I usually do this too, but got TLOU2 and Tsushima as birthday gifts, what the heck .

As for Horizon Zero Dawn, it’s the only new IP this gen that really stood out for me. Great gameplay, visuals and an interesting lore-filled universe.
Old 16th August 2020, 07:51   #956
BHPian

Thinking of getting GTA V from steam. Is it worth it. I like games like the Arkham series, Witcher 3, Mad Max etc
Old 16th August 2020, 09:55   #957
BHPian

Not at all like those games you mentioned. You should check out Bioshock and Fallout series.
Old 16th August 2020, 10:44   #958
BHPian

Ive played fallout and bioshock. Didnt really like the latter. I want to know from someone who has played GTA V, is the open world immersive with side quests and characters to interact with.
Old 16th August 2020, 11:41   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Ive played fallout and bioshock. Didnt really like the latter. I want to know from someone who has played GTA V, is the open world immersive with side quests and characters to interact with.
It absolutely is. I love(d) the game to bits, though I have not completed it yet
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 13:08   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
I want to know from someone who has played GTA V, is the open world immersive with side quests and characters to interact with.
I own GTAV on PS3(got it on launch) and later bought it for the PS4 as well. It is one of the must have titles and the best open world game with tons of content to have fun with. Even only GTA Online is reason enough to buy it, with content still being added routinely even after 7 years of launch.
It is also confirmed as one of the launch titles for PS5.
Vikalp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks