Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2020, 19:45   #961
BHPian

Re: PC & Console games - Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
Thinking of getting GTA V from steam. Is it worth it. I like games like the Arkham series, Witcher 3, Mad Max etc
I thought it was free on the Epic games store. Not sure if that was a limited time thing though.
Old 17th August 2020, 13:16   #962
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Game Pass is now available for PC games too, although Microsoft is calling it "Beta". Costs Rs. 250 per month, and there are around 200 titles. Game Pass subscribers get a discount on other paid games too.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/p/xb...%3aoverviewtab

PC & Console games - Discussion Thread-gamepass.jpg
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 18:00   #963
BHPian

Just got to know that Origin is running sale on multiple titles on its store with upto 85% discount (though i am not taking anything as am just tired of multiple stores and accounts like Uplay, Steam, Origin, Epic, Bethesda launcher, Rockstar etc. - just prefer steam) -
Battlefield 1 - 250/-
Titanfall 2 - 250/-
Watch dogs - 375 /-
AC unity - 450 /-
Far Cry 3 - 400/-
Battlefield 4 - 500/-
Far cry 5 - 600/-
Rainbow six siege - 400 /-
FIFA 20 - 999/-

Some of the titles that i saw. Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 18:24   #964
BHPian

Asking a noob question here.

I have never had a gaming console, although I played the Flight Simulator as a kid. We could not afford a console then.

Is there a device that can provide something like a dual control for cars and planes? Like, with a steering shaped joystick and shifter pedals but could be used for flight simulator as well? Maybe even with a VR headset?

I was never interested in this, but I got to try a VR Samsung headset recently and the experience blew me away. The roller coaster demo they showed was so real. They also had a special VR chair that moved in alliance with the video. I saw that the chair costs around a lakh from an OEM manufacturer, but am not sure about the controller for a game, and how it can be attached with the chair. The experience was so real that it shook me- for the first time in my life I am beginning to think that VR gaming will be really big within the next decade.

Any observations/feedback about building a comfortable and affordable VR setup to drive cars and fly planes virtually will be very helpful. Thanks.
Old 17th August 2020, 19:56   #965
BHPian

Used to play Tetra, Soldier of Fortune, Half life, Project IgI, Counter Strike in my younger days, recently started playing again after buying a gaming laptop. I had played a few, but Far Cry 5 just blew my mind on how great the game is, none of the games I had played till now matched it. The weapon upgrades and all such things on the game. I have played it a few times now, and also completed FC4, FC3 and New Dawn. Looking forward to FC6, not sure if Laptop will support it though.
Also on my radar is CyberPunk, by the looks of it, I am sure I will enjoy it a lot.
Old 19th August 2020, 09:38   #966
BHPian

Has anyone tried Beam NG?

Below is an attempt by youtuber Jimmy Broadbent to try off-roading in it.

For all offroading savvy people bored in the lockdown, it would be fun if they could recreate their attempts like this.
Old 19th August 2020, 12:42   #967
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Looks like Game Pass is now available for PC games too, although Microsoft is calling it "Beta". Costs Rs. 250 per month, and there are around 200 titles. Game Pass subscribers get a discount on other paid games too.
It's been around for sometime, yes it is definitely worth it. Those many games for price of a Frappe at CCD
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 17:22   #968
BHPian

Fifa 20 is on sale on the PSN store. Part of the essential picks sale - just purchased the digital copy for 279 bucks. 😳 Yes, not missing a digit.

Here's the link - https://store.playstation.com/en-in/...SENTIALPICKS/1

Cheers!
Promit
promit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 20:47   #969
BHPian

FIFA 2020 PC version is also on sale at 92% off (for Rs. 332) on Origin.

https://www.origin.com/ind/en-us/store/fifa/fifa-20
virajmore03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 08:52   #970
BHPian

Anyone playing the new Mafia game? I played the original way back in 2005 on PC and thought it was spectacular. This one is a ground up remake with the same storyline. Got pretty high rating. I've just played an hour or so. Initial impressions are fair. Too early to say if I agree with the 9/10 ratings.
Old 5th October 2020, 01:27   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Anyone playing the new Mafia game? I played the original way back in 2005 on PC and thought it was spectacular. This one is a ground up remake with the same storyline. Got pretty high rating. I've just played an hour or so. Initial impressions are fair. Too early to say if I agree with the 9/10 ratings.
I am going to buy it for PC on steam when the price drops, its a bit expensive right now as its just released !
Old 5th October 2020, 11:28   #972
Senior - BHPian

Anyone playing Hearthstone?
Old 20th October 2020, 12:55   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I just got my brother's XBox 1 X with me, any interesting and inexpensive games you can suggest? I like FP shooters like Quake and Doom, being from that era in the '90s and early 2Ks.

Last edited by R2D2 : 20th October 2020 at 12:57.
Old 22nd October 2020, 08:58   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Guys, I just got my brother's XBox 1 X with me, any interesting and inexpensive games you can suggest? I like FP shooters like Quake and Doom, being from that era in the '90s and early 2Ks.
You can look into Wolfenstein series - “the new order, old blood and New colossus” - all solid FPS action. Also, you may look at Metro series “2033, Last Light, Exodus” along with crysis - first game and warhead only (then the series has only gone downhill). These are some of the FPS gems which are also contemporary in their game mechanics. In old school games - you may look at some lesser known games like Singularity, Mad Max (it is 3rd person shooter&#128578
Turbo_anup is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 12:31   #975
Senior - BHPian

Over a month after announcing FAU-G (Fearless And United Guards), n-Core games have finally released a teaser for its upcoming game.

RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks